It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 years on from 9/11 what lessons have we learned? ♣

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And Have we respected the people that died that day at all?

I remember the day when i came home from School in England on what just seemed like an Ordinary day and i was thrust through to the Living room by my mother to witness an image on TV has stuck in my mind now since i was 12, People had died, people Were dying and while some sat with clenched fists demanding revenge for disaster that was unfolding, scarred into the minds of our future i couldn't help but even at that age feel Solemn but not in a Bitter way not at all, i steeped for many years pondering the Subject and wondering if those people had died for any reason what-so-ever because nobody seemed to be listening to the lessons been taught in front of their very eyes.

I tell you now the way we respect those people who died that day is by striving for peace, not war.
by learning to respect above anything else the lives of others.
by learning to show respect to others and their beliefs.
By working together for a better World.

And it came to me that every day i have lived like this, and that every day since i have had nothing but respect for life and others, I learned a Lesson that fateful day and yet others missed the point entirely and succumbed to bitter and spiteful behavior to self satisfy the revenge they felt in their hearts.

I ask you what have we learned and what should we have? I don't have all the answers to this question but at least my moral compass is pointing in the right direction.

Peace and respect to all those who lost their lives and to those who lost people close to them.

Your Friend as always,

Ted

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I can't say i learned any important moral or anything. It wasn't a Saturday morning cartoon. Other than terrorism is bad- i cant say there was a lesson to learn for the average citizen. Perhaps you should ask DHS this question...
edit on 11-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
you're damned if you do and youre damned if you dont

join