It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow coloured ring around the moon - anyone know what it is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Folklore on these halos states that bad weather is coming when a halo is spotted. The number of stars that appear inside the halo indicate how many days of bad weather are coming.

Ahh I forgot to add the part about the number of stars that appear inside the halo!
Thanks for sharing that too...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
reply to post by KatieVA

It is possible your third eye may be becoming more active, that's what I'm think I'm experiencing. I also get breathing walls, and 'tides' on patterned/busy surfaces and floors. Can be quite entertaining at times.

Do you get any other visual disturbances?
edit on 11/9/11 by iamahumandoing because: (no reason given)

I have been experiencing those things for a while now, also double vision and flashes (like the flashes you see when a bright light hits a diamond) and colours are brighter/more vivid. Had a neurology consult a few days ago and she says it's most likely a form of migraine that is becoming quite common. It sounds feasible to me.

Hi MisConstrood

I get exactly the same things with my vision and have suffered from hemiplegic migraines since I was 15. Have you noticed over the past couple of years that the light outdoors is often too much for your eyes to bare? I wear sunglasses more often than not, as my eyes just can't handle the light. I had an eye exam last year because of the visual disturbances I've been experiencing over the past couple of years and it came back that I had almost perfect visions and absolutely no problems whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood

reply to post by KatieVA

It is possible your third eye may be becoming more active, that's what I'm think I'm experiencing. I also get breathing walls, and 'tides' on patterned/busy surfaces and floors. Can be quite entertaining at times.

Do you get any other visual disturbances?
edit on 11/9/11 by iamahumandoing because: (no reason given)

I have been experiencing those things for a while now, also double vision and flashes (like the flashes you see when a bright light hits a diamond) and colours are brighter/more vivid. Had a neurology consult a few days ago and she says it's most likely a form of migraine that is becoming quite common. It sounds feasible to me.

Another thing - I'm very interested in what the neurologist had to say about "a form of migraine that is becoming quite common". Becoming quite common, eh?
I'm very curious as to what could be causing migraines to become more common. Weather? Electrical thingymajigs? The food we eat? Hormones in our food? (It's usually hormones or one of the above that cause my migraines).

Just over a fortnight ago, after 6 months of no migraine, I had 2 migraines in 2 days, and my son and my boyfriend's mother both had a nosebleed. My son is only 23 months old and hasn't had a nosebleed before.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have personally seen exactly this once, and frankly its not ice, its more to do with the moon being almost directly above your location, at least in the case I saw with my own eyes.

ice is the new weather balloon when it comes to high altitude science and other things =/

ed: to elaborate, what I saw seamed to be sunlight reflected from the moon exactly enough to cause a perfect circle of rainbow and a clearer patch inside said circle in the sky than the surroundings. it was a very clear night also, like looking at a shiny clean glass.
edit on 11/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

That's really freaky. I know people keep saying how rings around the moon are common, but I've never seen a rainbow colored one in my life.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by KatieVA

That's really freaky. I know people keep saying how rings around the moon are common, but I've never seen a rainbow colored one in my life.

Nope, me either! And I only see lunar halos in the winter when the temperature's very cold.

How strange. I just looked out the window towards the sun (it's very cloudy and extremely windy today) and I can see a very faint beam of rainbow coloured light coming out from the sun. Am I going mad?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I can't say the light is too much to bear but yes, everything seems brighter. Apart from the visual disturbances it's actually quite pleasant, almost like a slightly clouded veil has been lifted. I also have regular eye exams and I have 20/20 vision so all good there

Regarding the possible migraines, It's all new to me. It's been happening on and off for a couple of years but the last few month it's become more frequent, which is why I got it checked out. It didn't cross my mind to ask what the neurologist meant about migraines becoming more common. I will see her again after I have an MRI, so I will try to remember to ask.

I hope your son wasn't too distressed about his nosebleed. My son often had nosebleeds when he was little and it was quite upsetting for both of us. I had him checked out by the doctor who said he'd grow out of it. He's a big strapping 25yr old now and yes, he grew out of them.

Wishing you well

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I live on the east coast of Canada and have been seeing this for the passed week or so as well. On the way into my building the other night, I pointed it out to my roommate and she said she had no idea what I was talking about and that I was seeing things. Then, last night, I was out on my deck with the guy I'm seeing and I pointed it out to him, and again, he couldn't see a thing, even after I pointed it out and described it in intense detail for several minutes out of frustration. I've also had a recent eye exam because reading hurts my eyes, like the letters look too harsh and jagged and it's like nails on a chalkboard to make myself stare at them, but I have nearly perfect vision, although slightly farsighted (not even farsighted enough for the lowest rx of glasses to help, they just hurt my eyes in the opposite direction).

On the migraine theory, I was always prone to really bad headaches as a child, and just now am beginning to feel a sinus headache coming on. Definitely not a migraine though.

I've seen these before and pointed them out to people, who (aside from one guy I dated in 12th grade) can never see what the hell I'm talking about. I was also wandering if it had anything to do with the third eye chakra, as someone else mentioned. I'm really curious to know what it is, and more importantly, why only some people can see it?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

I wonder then if lots of people are getting the same thing and putting it down to some sort of medical problem...

Maybe this is all part of the quickening (as I hope). Or maybe it's just us crazy Brits (as I suspect).

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by MissConstrood

I wonder then if lots of people are getting the same thing and putting it down to some sort of medical problem...

Maybe this is all part of the quickening (as I hope). Or maybe it's just us crazy Brits (as I suspect).

Or rather than the "quickening", it could be all the rubbish and poisons in our air/food/water etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Certainly a possibility though I'm really careful with things like fluoride, sugar, aspartame etc..

Have to say I'm a fully paid up member of the tobacco fraternity, and I know that's bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join