It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How To Create a Conspiracy Theory

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have always been intrigued by conspiracy theories. I think they are the most creative examples of literature because they always manage to get people to talk about them and no one really need be extremely intellectual to think about them. That is not saying conspiracy theorists are not intelligent. But conspiracy theories are like mini-novels. As a writer and filmmaker, I draw a lot of creative energy from this site.

Conspiracy theorists are storytellers. They weave information and disinformation into the same fuzzy blanket and many times people find comfort in them. Conspiracy theorists are the kids who sat around the campfire telling stories about the lone hitchhiker and the girl who is friendly enough to stop and pick him up and these kids tells us these stories as the flashlight glows eerily on their exaggerated faces before they yell "boo" at us and make us scream.

But I would like to share an example of how to create a conspiracy theory. One time when I was in college I was talking with some very impressionable students who were studying for psychology class. These kids are the kind who are ready for the Zombie Apocalypse and wear pirate gear. Anyway, we were talking about some conspiracy theory and I wanted them to know that not all of them are true or even close to being true. So I introduced a topic that I knew they knew very little about and that was the sinking of the Titanic.

What I did first was introduce the Titanic story as they would know it to be. A ship was built by Irish laborers and it was owned by White Star Lines of England. This ship was the biggest cruise ship in the world at the time and it was very lavish, so much so that many millionaires at the time had to ride on its maiden voyage. I explained how it went through the ice fields of the North Sea and it hit an iceberg. What I did next was introduce the disinformation.

I explained to them that Norwegian Cruise Lines had just been formed by the government of Norway and it saw White Star Lines as the biggest threat. So in order to eliminate them as competition, they failed to warn the captain that there was an unusual amount of ice bergs there. I said that we will never be sure of this because the captain of the Titanic was seasoned. He knew how to navigate. But then, the wireless radio was relatively new and they had to rely on information from ship to ship or ship to shore about weather conditions. But the Norwegian government expressed their wireless operators to not share the information with the captain. We know that the other ships in the area did not hit ice bergs. So they had the information, assuming the Titanic had it as well. However, this is the interesting part, when the Titanic hit the so-called ice berg, it sank in such a way that ships like that were not designed to sink. Much like the Twin Towers were not supposed to fall. So this indicated that it was a controlled explosion in the hull of the Titanic instead of hitting an ice berg. I propose the question, if there were other ships in the area, how was it that they did not hit them either? And furthermore, where is the forensic evidence of said ice berg? There is none.

Certainly there were ice bergs there, it is the North Sea after all and it is not far from the Arctic Ocean. But it was a regular route that all commercial and private transport ships traveled. What is even more interesting is this...the International Maritime Laws that had just been passed the year before required that all ships have two wireless radio operators on board at all times, so when one was sleeping, the other was working. The USS Californian had only one. The USS Californian, which was less than 10 miles away from the Titanic, did not respond to the SOS of the Titanic. The Californian was owned by J.P. Morgan, who was the biggest competitor of John Astor. We know Astor was on the Titanic. The whole world knew he would be on it because the newspapers at the time reported he would be on the maiden voyage.

And do you ever ask yourself why there were not enough lifeboats and why did the staff lock the doors to prevent those people in the lower parts of the ship from escaping? Because they were pawns in the scheme of TPTB. So Morgan worked with the Norwegian government to pull this off. The Californian fired a torpedo that blew a hole in the hull of the Titanic and not an ice berg. Don't you think a seasoned captain would take his ship into waters that he knew at the time would have ice bergs? I don't think so. It was not until the next day that the RMS Carpathia responded to the SOS. So the Titanic and the Californian were both owned by J.P. Morgan, but he sank the Titanic simply because Astor was aboard.

Why is important to understand J.P. Morgan was involved? Because he was from Scotland and a member of the Scottish Rite Shriners. And as a Freemason, he is part of the Illuminati. The white star, or the White Star Lines is not what we think of as merely a white star, but the pentacle associated with Venus.

Why did the Carpathia take the survivors to New York instead of the closest port which would have been Newfoundland, Nova Scotia? Because Morgan lived in New York and he had commissioned his co-conspirators to destroy any person who knew of his scheme.

The Carpathia was actually sailing to Croatia, so it was going in the opposite direction. Why is this important? In just two years later, Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary was going to be assassinated to bring us into World War I. J.P. Morgan got the contract with the US government to transport American soldiers on the Carpathia. That means Morgan created the war. It is evident by the White Star Lines symbol that he was part of TPTB.

It seems unreasonable that the Titanic should have sank, it was engineered not to and built for anything and was captained by someone who knew how to navigate those waters. That is the truth about the Titanic.

Now after telling all of this to my rapt audience, one girl believed me enough to tell me so. I made it up there on the spot and was able to mix fact with fiction enough to create a pretty good conspiracy theory.

So tell me this, is what I just told all real or is it just a story? Perhaps I did tell the truth about the whole thing but say I made it up to appease TPTB. You be the judge and tell me what you think.




posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Pics or it didnt happen



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy
 


lack of knowledge creates conspiracy
its natural to imagine when you dont know for sure
but a lot of conspiracy theories are based on fact so should they be called conspiracys or theories?
i think we could agree that both sides of the 911 story have evidence so what is the difference between conpsiracy and fact?
public opinion



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
* I edited this because I wasn't being nice in my original post.
I'll try and refrain a little harder next time.


edit on 11-9-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy
 


The truth of it is once you learn about the negative effects of your daily life, you do some investigation on why people are fat or the economy is failing. New ideas bring different POV so that we can analyze and try to correct our mistakes we make in the past. I mean if we would of knew the federal reserves true intentions back then then maybe could of prevented it and and have some balance in the economic system.

Really makes you think what could of been an accident may of actually been murdered and other crimes against humanity.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
...excellent read... thx...



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy
 


Yeap. I wouldn't be surprised to see this story make the rounds on the internet soon. Of course it will no longer have the part that says you made it up.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy
 




As a writer and filmmaker, I draw a lot of creative energy from this site.
God damn I knew it! You owe me some serious compensation pal!



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   


It seems unreasonable that the Titanic should have sank, it was engineered not to and built for anything and was captained by someone who knew how to navigate those waters. That is the truth about the Titanic.


Why unreasonable?

Look at advertisements of the day...it's just basic rhetoric that they claimed unsinkable.,.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Let me summarize this posts for those of you that didn't read it all (don't worry you can admit it).

If you're going to lie and make up conspiracy theories it's for a few reasons:

1) You're a liar
2) You're a good storyteller
3) You tie loosely facts that are unrelated

Now I will make a thread that is completely false, a story and ties facts together loosely related.

This thread proves my theory that people have theories that are wrong because I am a good liar. Everyone who has ever come up with a conspiracy theory is a nut job, but people like me who feel the need to make arbitrary threads about it that are pushing the max size are legit because we're only lying to prove a point, unlike all those people I just unfairly and ignorantly stereotyped.

LOL Stars please!



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Interesting post.

I guess when someone tell's you a story like that, we should ask for sources.

That's how we know what's what, spose.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Interesting post.

I guess when someone tell's you a story like that, we should ask for sources.

That's how we know what's what, spose.


And people did not notice that I changed three bits of important information but were so caught up in it they did not notice.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by WarminIndy
 


The truth of it is once you learn about the negative effects of your daily life, you do some investigation on why people are fat or the economy is failing. New ideas bring different POV so that we can analyze and try to correct our mistakes we make in the past. I mean if we would of knew the federal reserves true intentions back then then maybe could of prevented it and and have some balance in the economic system.

Really makes you think what could of been an accident may of actually been murdered and other crimes against humanity.


I will agree that locking the doors and gates to the lower holds was a crime against humanity. We will never know the truth about that, but those immigrants who left very hard lives to die in this manner is just extremely sad and poignant. Those are the ones we should remember, but Molly Brown gets the honor of being remembered.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...excellent read... thx...


Thank you Wyn Hawks. There are some things we can agree on in a very civil manner. Keep posting out there and we will always counter-balance each other to make each other think about the world we live in and this planet that we share.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
To spin a conspiracy theory, you really just need a few things.

1. An event. An attack. A sinking. A murder. or whatever.

2. An important person, real or imagined. Could be military personnel. Could be a millionaire. Could be a politician. Usually recognizible names garner a stronger response from your audience.

3. A story. No matter how unbelievable. It is the story that will link the important person to the event. It is your theory.

If you've spent countless hours researching shipwrecks like I have, you'd notice that this type of thing happens fairly often.

Take the wreck of the "Ada Hancock" for example. This was a very small ship being used to transport people from shore to larger ships out at anchor. While transporting some passengers, her boiler exploded, sending her to the bottom. At the time, she also carried $10,755 in gold dust in a strong box being transported by Wells Fargo.

Now over the years, somebody started a number of rumors about this incident. One being that it actually carried millions in gold. Another that the Wells Fargo agent had stolen a large amount of gold from Wells Fargo and was trying to flee the country. And even another that the entire sinking of the ship was caused by a gun fight in the engine room by the Wells Fargo agent and another man.

The truth is that the small amount of gold was kept on the bridge with the Captain. The Wells Fargo agent was doing his job just as he was supposed to. He was with the other passengers when the boiler exploded. And at the time, boiler explosions were very common.

However, at todays gold prices of $1900/ounce, that strongbox WOULD be worth a little over 1 million dollars. At the time of loss, gold was only valued at about $18/ounce.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
To spin a conspiracy theory, you really just need a few things.

1. An event. An attack. A sinking. A murder. or whatever.

2. An important person, real or imagined. Could be military personnel. Could be a millionaire. Could be a politician. Usually recognizible names garner a stronger response from your audience.

3. A story. No matter how unbelievable. It is the story that will link the important person to the event. It is your theory.

If you've spent countless hours researching shipwrecks like I have, you'd notice that this type of thing happens fairly often.

Take the wreck of the "Ada Hancock" for example. This was a very small ship being used to transport people from shore to larger ships out at anchor. While transporting some passengers, her boiler exploded, sending her to the bottom. At the time, she also carried $10,755 in gold dust in a strong box being transported by Wells Fargo.

Now over the years, somebody started a number of rumors about this incident. One being that it actually carried millions in gold. Another that the Wells Fargo agent had stolen a large amount of gold from Wells Fargo and was trying to flee the country. And even another that the entire sinking of the ship was caused by a gun fight in the engine room by the Wells Fargo agent and another man.

The truth is that the small amount of gold was kept on the bridge with the Captain. The Wells Fargo agent was doing his job just as he was supposed to. He was with the other passengers when the boiler exploded. And at the time, boiler explosions were very common.

However, at todays gold prices of $1900/ounce, that strongbox WOULD be worth a little over 1 million dollars. At the time of loss, gold was only valued at about $18/ounce.


Anytime gold is mentioned in a story, it seems to make the story bigger. Good post.



new topics




 
5

log in

join