It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
have any of you ever wondered this that we might actually be living in the "after life" and that after we "die" in this world then maybe we wake up in the "real world" to live again its kinda confusing but i was just thinking about this. i sure would like to hear about some of your theories about the after life that would be ineresting or if someone had a near death experience. I would like to share a near death experience but i just want to see if people actually like this thread or if they even pay attention to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Perhaps we are dead, and this is hell. Or maybe even it's different for different people. For some, life on this earth is heaven, and for others, it's hell. I don't think so, but there is no way to know for sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't think we're in the afterlife. I mean, I can't fly and I don't have any cool superpowers that I know of. I'm pretty sure superpowers come when you are in the afterlife.

You're saying that we die in this world, and go on to live in the next, and when we die there we come back here? I always believed once you're gone, you're gone.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
I don't think we're in the afterlife. I mean, I can't fly and I don't have any cool superpowers that I know of. I'm pretty sure superpowers come when you are in the afterlife.

lol, now I can't wait to die!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I personally dont like the idea of once youre gone youre gone because in my opinion Gosh i hope its not like that because man I sure spent my life barking up the wrong tree and i would you know to have at least at little reward in the end i really like the whole buddist belifs about the after life and that whole blink of vishnu and all that and the dancing vishnu i find it all facinating

Odd

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hi... nothing constructive to add; I simply want to express my interest in and respect for this topic, and thusly your story.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey, it's a good thread, don't try to sell yourself short.

Never thought about the afterlife really. I mean, I go to church and stuff, but for some reason I've always questioned the existence of an afterlife. However if we are all dead then I guess this would be my hell then.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by NightGloom]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
we ARE spiritually dead....though i believe "asleep" is a much better way of putting it.

in my opinion there is no such thing as not being alive....we are not our bodies. so, "we" transcend them upon our death. on both sides of death there is the "other" side, and beings who wish to cross over TO it.

think of all the things we take for granted living in the material world...jets flying up in the sky, people getting born as babies then growing older and older....SLEEPING 25 percent of our life away....we all call those things normal, but maybe it's all a big illusion?
i sure hope it is.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
"victor was right was right."

I came to say much the same thing.

But there are some who are far more "spiritually dead" than others, who will never know it, and in the scheme of things it won't matter a damn to anyone else or to the cosmic consciousness.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
We are dead as soon as we are born. when we die,(er die here) we are, hrm, reborn?

This life is sorta like a game, where you learn something new and when its game over you go back to your regularly scheduled... life.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
We are just matter that was lucky enough to form into an intelligent living being. You get 120 years if your extreemly lucky. There is nothing more and nothing less. Ahh Religion? Well I cannot force myself to give up completely on a god, but the I know the truth is that Bible is nothing more than a book of tales and laws created to control the masses. It has created the largest mass dilusion of all time. Almost the enitire planet is living in some kind of dilusion or another.. Truely scary that. When your light goes out your gone. Another reason to not smoke!

X

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have a lot of strange dreams where I wake up at the bottom of a large lake or ocean. I notice a lot of other people lying on the floor of this lake/ocean, and we all are wearing this protective suit and mask. Upon waking the mask has a small motor or something on the back that propels you to the surface. Once on the surface, a guy comes by in a boat and eithers takes you on board or just does something to your mask. The place looks a lot like earth, but its different. Two moons and the stars are really strange looking in the sky. The lake/ocean is very clear and has a lot of strange creatures that we would call prehistoric. I keep wandering if maybe this is some sort of prison for criminals or maybe the way we are all set here in this reality. A few weeks ago a woke up and found myself at this place and a young kid and his dad had hooked me while fishing. I asked them if they were going to eat me (other possible use for us), but they laughed and said no. Another time I woke up and was talking to a woman that was about my age and asked her why I was there, she replied that it was kinda like school. Just food for thought.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Maybe it depends which side of the fence you're standing on (the fence being death and birth).
What i mean by this is that while we are here, the place we go when we die is the after-life because if follows this life, but perhaps when we are on the other side (of the fence), this place is an after-life, since it is a life after that life.
Of course for this to make sense you'd have to believe in re-incarnation. Besides, for all we know there are many, many, many other sorts of existences that can be called lifes in their own right.

At the moment, i personally think that this existence is a playground for learning and when we die we are our spirit, and we review the lessons we have learned and how we have grown. Perhaps once we have lived enough lifetimes and learned all the lessons that physicality can teach us, we move on in our journey to some other place. I mean, who could know that there is this existence and just one other? It's an intriguing thought!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
In one word......Reincarnation

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
cool thread.

once upon a lot of mushrooms, i came to the conclusion that we are indeed in hell, or sodom and gamorah at the least. i dont really believe that, rather i think its just my sinfull self recognizing my ways but i have also had dreams of sad desolate places of no hope.

i dont remember any details, but i vaugley remember one dream where an attic perched above a battle feild into which i descended past angry walls became a chamber where i found a witch testifying of hatred for me and only me.

sounds silly and i trailed off topic a little, but maybe someone out there can relate. maybe we are in hell, and ironically so because we dont know it. i imagine a reality where one does not die, be judged and then sent to hell, but rather sins his/her way into oblivion until he/she has created his/her own hell and suffers the illusion of time; never quite realizing that they are not progressing. years pass waiting to die, only to one day awake and realize you dont die but gradually transition into your proper place. karmatic eh?

-lost

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Good thought provoking question Kaiser, Kind of like the Tree falling in the forest question,

I think there are many levels to exsistance and time for that matter. What if our oversoul or higher self as it has been called was able to observe both of these events simultaneously(just to add another wrinkle to your thought) I mean life here and life there at once?. And all your past lives and future lives as well. If time is truly only something that was arrived at for people living in a certain dimension, why could it not be possible for all things to happen at once.

I think my head is going to blow

Parker

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
...great thread...

I find the concept of when i die, starting my life again as somebody else
very unsetling.

i do know that it wont be me anymore (mind also)

i dont know quite how to put it into writing what i mean.

I.....will be someone else.
but never the less will still be an entity to go through life again.

it won't matter then because it won't be me and will not remember me.

but the me NOW cannot think of me being someone else?
the me still thinks it will be me...but it wont.

did u understand?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I wonder if we are in the afterlife. I doubt it though, because it doesn't seem too great here. Or maybe we are in the afterlife, and I was a bad person in the previous life, so I am in hell. I dunno.

All I know is that I cna't wait to die after reading this:

"I don't think we're in the afterlife. I mean, I can't fly and I don't have any cool superpowers that I know of. I'm pretty sure superpowers come when you are in the afterlife. "

d1k

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ain't that a real mind bender lol, awesome thread. Thinking we might actually be dead in some sort of after life and we don't even know it is damn cool lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hmm very interesting thread this. Its a topic that I spent many hours thinking about, but never came to conclusion, or a believe. But the idea of once your dead your dead approach seems somewhat dismal, and I dont know why but I get this feeling is wrong.

The idea of once you die, you come back as someone else makes some sort of sense. Its like I dont know what any of you are thinking here, but it doesnt doubt that you are conscience. Well this could be the same as once you die, and are reborn. Its like you dont know anything of the life before, and probally wont.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join