It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhism's 3 evils: Ignorance, Hatred, Greed = Politics, Religion, Money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by SuperiorEd

If you look at Buddhist parables you will see that god is involved. See the Tiger and the Strawberry. The teachings aren't religious though. The moral is to savor every aspect of life. Separating dogma from thought was Buddha's way imo. The best way.... again imo.

Thank you for the reply. This clears up much of what I wondered about. I think that God is at work in every continent. Each perspective has a valuable lesson to connect to the others. I especially enjoy reading Eastern thought. The Discourses of Rumi are very interesting as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Interesting connection. You do know that Buddhism is about renouncing the world though right? The Eight Fold Path is directed towards and concerned with what is within, not with politics, religion or money; which are all external. I'm sure you do know this though, so just reminding you not to get too caught up in worldly affairs if you are choosing to follow the Eight Fold Path.

Peace friend.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Kemal
What an irony, you do know that Buddhism is a religion, right?

Is it? I've always thought of it as more of a philosophy than a religion. We have much to learn from the tenets of Buddhism.

Buddhism is neither a religion nor a philosophy. It is a way of life. Although it is true, many people do treat it as a religion, and many others do study it as a philosophy, even many Buddhists. A shame really, they are missing the true beauty and power of this path.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The connection between Buddhism and world events is further proof of the accuracy of Buddhist thought. By overcoming the three evils, then the evils of the world are also destroyed, that is in summation the meaning of Buddhism.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
Ignorance Hate and Greed are synonymous with...

the United Police States of America

only the biggest gang out there!

|||ps... no offense to those good men who gave their lives for this country..for they are all respectively heroes|||
edit on 12-9-2011 by Speak3asy because: didnt want to make it seem like i was offending the military...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join