It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cry my beloved country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is my first thread, so if I have posted it in the wrong forum, I do apologize.

I do not know whether any of my fellow ATS'ers have been following the political situation in South Africa.

South Africa is truly a remarkable country - one of great natural beauty, absolutely beautiful people, many languages and fantastic cultures.

We have walked a long way since the abolishment of that evil system of "apartheid". I for one was 12 years old when the apartheid regime was dissolved and Madiba came to power. I was raised to respect all life, and have never understood the need for racism, segregation or hate.

The power in this country today is held by a minority of black elitists. The divide between rich and poor is growing greater by the day. It is very difficult to do business in this country, as we have been hit with economic recession coupled with the increasing lack of confidence in our country and subsequent withdrawal of investments by international investors.

As a partner in a construction firm, I can vouch for the fact that our industry was one of the first to feel this knock. We employ a wonderful team of 15 men - all of whom care for a wife and two or more children. After 10 years in the trade and back-breaking work, we have not made a dent in our debt. Many days we have procured projects at below-market-value in order to simply provide our team with work and income, so that they at least can carry on.

I am positive for the most part that our country will rise above the challenges facing it today. However, I read an article published an hour ago in which Julius Malema has declared economic war against the white minority.

Read the article here

I am certain that this move has the potential to catapult our country into civil-war mode. I do not know why I have this feeling of impending doom - I am one of those who do not place any value on the doings-and-going-ons of this man. But - I am certain that the act of waging war (albeit it an economic one) on a minority group goes against the grain of everything that a democracy stands for.

Malema is at the moment being tried for bringing the ANC into disrepute. He is obviously at this point looking for a way out of what seems to be a cut-and-dry situation - his method of dealing with his impending demotion of power is to rally up the unemployed masses and declare war on a minority group.

The white people are branded by Malema as thieves, who have "stolen" their land. How do I explain to Mr. Malema or his mass of followers that "my 450 m² of land" is owned by the bank, and that I can only become the owner of this land until I have paid them the huge debt owing, which should take about...I don't know...15 years or more of back-breaking toil and labour?

At the end of the day, where do we as citizens of Earth find true freedom? If not on African soil, if not on American or European soil - where can one just find a steady and calm foothold in life where one's safety and security is not threatened on a daily basis?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wow! Awsome post! My heart goes out to you and the South African nations. It sickens me to believe at the core of humans most likely demise are racist morals that will prevent them from helping or excepting help from another human being. Since when did doing the right thing become limited bu skin color?! Hahaha skin color! Racist are idiots. My pain is that i love all people, even the idiots.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If they don’t crack down on that stupidity pronto, then you only have two options.

Option 1
Get all the money that you can scrounge up. Get you, and your family out of there and don’t look back.

Option 2
Arm your selves to the teeth and try to take out as many as you can when they come to get you.

The way it’s going SA will look like zim in about a decade.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It wasn't this bad during Apartheid.

From one extreme to another....I guess?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Since when did doing the right thing become limited bu skin color?! Hahaha skin color! Racist are idiots. My pain is that i love all people, even the idiots.

Thank you - I could not agree more.

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
If they don’t crack down on that stupidity pronto, then you only have two options.

Option 1
Get all the money that you can scrounge up. Get you, and your family out of there and don’t look back.

Option 2
Arm your selves to the teeth and try to take out as many as you can when they come to get you.

The way it’s going SA will look like zim in about a decade.

I do hope that they will crack down on the stupidity. Because option 1 sounds really good, but scrounging together monetary resources are quite tough with the current financial situation being what it is. Also - it would mean leaving some loved ones behind - that would simply break my heart.

I think we are approaching the Zim-scenario at an accelerated pace - it feels more like 5 years from where I am standing. It really depends on how desperate Malema is now to maintain his hold on power and what measures he takes from here onwards.

Originally posted by Carseller4
It wasn't this bad during Apartheid.

From one extreme to another....I guess?

I have heard many black people say that life was much better for them during Apartheid - that they had access to better education, better medical systems, better-paying jobs etc. That in itself speaks volumes.

top topics

join