It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think that someone should walk up to Pres. Obama and punch him dead in the face.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
you are your own worst enemy.

My father used to tell me that very same thing. I didn't get it until I was dam near thirty years old. I'm now in my forties give or take a year or two

Now I comprehend and he was soooooooooooo right

OP, I wish you the best...don't let your frustrations get the best of you. Most of us, whether we want to admit it or not are in this mess together

edit on 9/9/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: I can't freakin' spell

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

edit on 9/9/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But that is stupid because Obama is not worth serving either life or death for...but just hitting him in the face would just be a few days or weeks in jail at most. Anyway I think there is nothing seriously to be done too much is screwed up and yeah it isn't all his fault, oh well, too bad that there are just too many players in this country going to hell that it would take a lifetime to straighten it out and weed them out and have them pay for their orchestrated ripping apart of the middle class of this nation. Guess what... I am not working again till my work conditions are satisfactory and I get paid what I feel I am worth, guess what that may mean me never working again I don't care but nobody's turning me into a slave, they'll have to hold a gun to my head...and pull the trigger regardless of how they tore apart the unions and stripped laborers rights away, I will stick to my principles, and I sincerely hope more people do what I do and that the corporatocracy loses all of it's revenue and goes belly up... Now that is the best outcome that could happen. I only wish I had more land to grow my own food. I still have to buy food and that means my otehr half works and has to work. I want to plan to get entirely off the grid, but I am not accepting S*** pay and S****Y work consitions to do it...I'll die of starvation first...that's how I feel I really do... Anybody to lives by the current system are enabling addicts. That's right money (something that is illusionary and not really worth any value whatsoever except what they make you believe) is an addiction, and of those addictions known to man, that one is the most insidious and disgusting of them all.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
This is why he is a waste of space...basically they're all a waste of space...but this thread sums it up quite nicely
List of Obama's Epic Failures

You realize every "point" in that thread is checked, misrepresented, or otherwise nonsense...right?

Nevermind.

Anyhow, doesn't matter...your moving to canada, remember? (if not, check your former threads you made)

Was definately considering moving there (if I had the option to)...I don't think I ever made a definate decision or declaration (unless it was being sarcastic) like "that's it I am moving to Canada" or something but it was sarcasm, I said that I was considering moving there eventually...that is if I would even be considered for a Visa or whatever, I mean I'm not Mexican, you know... I do things the legal way.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

So...just to make certain I comprehend you...

You have total anger at a federal democratic politician, because of what a state republican politician did to their states unions and such, and your angry at a democrat, whom is for workforce standards, because republicans whom believe we should abolish a minimum wage and allow employers to pay next to nothing as the norm are vocal.

Look, its one thing to not know about politics, so generally abstain from any overall arching opinion, its another to shout in public of how the top guy needs to go because of what his opposition is doing...
Write a top 10 list, without others doing it for you, of exactly what in politics most annoys you...then with each point, research for unbias strict facts on each subject, then you will know which direction your anger should go....but to simply shake your fist at the top because anything and everything you can think of isn't perfect, well, thats just silly and, in your short case there, totally aimed at the wrong side of the aisle...

no, a president cannot go into a specific state and tell them how to run things (Wisconsin)...if your for some social programs being strong, then you really need to be angry at Obama that he isn't pushing the left hard enough and being too centerist for your taste...and of you hate social programs, well, I will say don't even consider Canada...or pretty much any other developed nation.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So...just to make certain I comprehend you...

You have total anger at a federal democratic politician, because of what a state republican politician did to their states unions and such, and your angry at a democrat, whom is for workforce standards, because republicans whom believe we should abolish a minimum wage and allow employers to pay next to nothing as the norm are vocal.

Look, its one thing to not know about politics, so generally abstain from any overall arching opinion, its another to shout in public of how the top guy needs to go because of what his opposition is doing...
Write a top 10 list, without others doing it for you, of exactly what in politics most annoys you...then with each point, research for unbias strict facts on each subject, then you will know which direction your anger should go....but to simply shake your fist at the top because anything and everything you can think of isn't perfect, well, thats just silly and, in your short case there, totally aimed at the wrong side of the aisle...

no, a president cannot go into a specific state and tell them how to run things (Wisconsin)...if your for some social programs being strong, then you really need to be angry at Obama that he isn't pushing the left hard enough and being too centerist for your taste...and of you hate social programs, well, I will say don't even consider Canada...or pretty much any other developed nation.

How about the 300 billion in bailouts he just awarded to the country's biggest rapists? (of course I shall aside this and iterate I don't mean physical rape but financial rape). How is that for starters? Taking from us the nation and giving the money to those who buried us in this mess in the first place? I do beleive this was just one of the things he did as recently as last night on public television? Ok maybe congress will not pass, one can only hope. It disgusts me he's taken money from the elderly and sick who've not gotten a cost of living raise in SSI/SSDI in over five years but he's again giving the biggest moochers and thieves MORE bailouts.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Just so we're on the same page, anything that can be interpreted as a threat of violence against the president is considered to be CLOSE to if not on the same level as threatening to kill the president.

That being said, here's an informational video!:

Don't let everyone here get you down though, I can appreciate the sentiment as I still feel the same way about Donald Rumsfeld, myself. Be careful out there!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

It really is just an expression. But sure lets' all give our blood sweat and tears more to GM who consecutively moved to Mexico when we gave them bailouts and BoA who got tighter than a nuns ass after the bailouts, lets just give them more!!!! yay let's dance around for joy we're going to have jobs and easy credit (BUNK)!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I believe you might have missed the intent of my post.

And you're preaching to the choir here. In all fairness, though, the Obama administration and congress really are just continuing the policies of Bush on the foreign policy and fiscal fronts (come on, you know the Bush administration knew the bailouts were crap and were just payouts to his banker & business buddies), and is nothing I wasn't expecting when the White House changed hands, although I kept a small bit of hope cooking on the back burner.

At this point, I'm more or less resigned to the situation, and what I see as a fairly-inevitable outcome, and have a hard time really getting worked up about it in light of everything else going on as well, that so few have cared about for such a long time. This all is merely icing on the cake.

Buckle in and brace for the ride, dear. I'll not judge you here as I understand the frustration, it's valid even if I also consider it shortsighted. If you're a believer, though, I'd remind you of his words on anger, forgiveness, and the rest as these are definitely times that try men's souls, and will be more so in the days to come.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

I believe you might have missed the intent of my post.

And you're preaching to the choir here. In all fairness, though, the Obama administration and congress really are just continuing the policies of Bush on the foreign policy and fiscal fronts (come on, you know the Bush administration knew the bailouts were crap and were just payouts to his banker & business buddies), and is nothing I wasn't expecting when the White House changed hands, although I kept a small bit of hope cooking on the back burner.

At this point, I'm more or less resigned to the situation, and what I see as a fairly-inevitable outcome, and have a hard time really getting worked up about it in light of everything else going on as well, that so few have cared about for such a long time. This all is merely icing on the cake.

Buckle in and brace for the ride, dear. I'll not judge you here as I understand the frustration, it's valid even if I also consider it shortsighted. If you're a believer, though, I'd remind you of his words on anger, forgiveness, and the rest as these are definitely times that try men's souls, and will be more so in the days to come.

Take care.

No I didn't misunderstand I was agreeing with you, and I think Bush was a putz too. They are all for their banker and corporate buddies this I know, but if one of them got punched in the face (figuritively or physically) maybe the next one would think twice lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Now I am off to watch some TV that will take my mind off this craptastic economy and government.
I just hope the depression comes so We can get it over with, I hate putting off the inevitable, and maybe we can rise again to the once great nation we were before, after the bankers and corpratists have taken themselves out of the equation!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

chances are, your homelife itself is the issue and your using giant federal politics as a scape goat So, address the actual problem verses find a distraction to blame. aka, punch your family in the face, or yourself if you are your own worst enemy.

I give up...no worries, there will be many presidents in your life you can blame all your life issues on...easier to do that than have a bit of introspection anyhow.

WOW ! your getting a bit personal there Saturn ,is there any need for that.

Although punching obama in the face is not the answer ldyserenity.

edit on 9-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: The Voices told me to

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

chances are, your homelife itself is the issue and your using giant federal politics as a scape goat So, address the actual problem verses find a distraction to blame. aka, punch your family in the face, or yourself if you are your own worst enemy.

I give up...no worries, there will be many presidents in your life you can blame all your life issues on...easier to do that than have a bit of introspection anyhow.

WOW ! your getting a bit personal there Saturn ,is there any need for that.

Although punching obama in the face is not the answer ldyserenity.

edit on 9-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: The Voices told me to

Actually, what I said was not really directed specifically at OPs, but the mindset of the thread.
The ops may be a wonderful person. I just know that many whom feel out of control and unhappy personally take up a fixation on huge things to blame all their issues on verses deal with their own problem..sort of why celeb gossip, political retoric, etc are soo popular...its a transference of frustration

Also I don't like violent talk for the hell of it, I really disliked the policys of Dubya...but personally he seemed likeable enough..fishing buddy material moreso than a president sort of thing...and ya, I got all sorts of home problems, but meh, I won't blame some obscure corporate bill being passed as the reason my home isn't fully in order...I wasn't always this level headed..just calling out what is familiar to me, and if ops, or someone else gets a reality check from my provocative posts, well, thats a good thing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join