It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism? no. Earthquake! Fast moving Coronal Mass Ejection to snap Interplanetary Magnet 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
err, we dont know anything about the atmosphere so let haarp continue to pump millions of volts into it lol..
sometimes i think we are way overdue to be extinct

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
OMG people, if you are IT guy make sure your Iron Mountain backups are up to date. If you are backing up to tape and we get hit hard enough your data will be gone.

No, it won't be. A solar flare would never cause something like that to happen. They affect electrical generating equipment at the start of the chain, not consumer equipment like phones, computers, etc etc. They do not affect magnetic media either, so put away your faraday cages, your quite safe.

EDIT: To add, it obviously would affect your mobile phone if it knocks out communications, but don't panic, you will still be able to play angry birds!
edit on 10/9/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Did anything 'snap' yet?
Checks knicker elastic.....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Let that asteroid hit the earth, i'll wake up in the house of God right after i get vaporised. I'm not worried, so bring it. Astronomers have always known there was another rock flying around out there with our name on it, asteroids have hit the earth many times over the earth's existence, you just cant see the impact craters as much anymore because of time/erosion/crust displacement/plate tectonics etc.

Better get right with the Lord, because if that thing hits us youre ALL going to be seeing him, even if you don't believe in him and if youre not one of his children he will not be very happy and trust me, you don't want to see God when he is pissed off.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I have to ask...

What is different about this one?

Correct me if I am wrong but the X-flare a few weeks ago was stronger than the one we have on the way now. We got by without a scratch from a bigger one, why now will we have problems with a smaller one. I do not see the distinction.

If in fact this is the case, what would the "snap" involve for the people of the planet? Is this when electronics goes down?
edit on 9-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

The difference between the bix x-flare of a few weeks ago wasn't earth-directed because of the position of the sunspot from which it came. The 2 m-flares en 2 x-flares of past week are earth-directed. Akathis time the energy will hit us, few weeks ago it went into deep space ;-)
edit on 11-9-2011 by DistSync because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join