It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Weapons of Mass Financial Destruction" — Götterdämmerung for profit?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is it possible Greece is being brought down for profit?

Could such a patently criminal agenda really be behind the financial ruin of an entire nation? And have certain Greek politicians become complicit, by accepting the crippling conditions imposed on them by the 'Troika'? -

I quote: "Money managers and investors with slight brain damage - they do great, because they lack empathy. They don't care what happens as a result of their actions." (Taken from The Wall Street Journal)

Don't doubt that this has to do with you. If Greece goes down, banks and governments both in Europe and across the globe will be hammered - by losses in the case of the former, and by market chaos in the latter. And if it affects you will you see it as a tragic failure of policy — or the consequence of callous, criminal financial scheming?

One thing is for sure: in recent years countless banks, financial institutions and companies have been ruined by short-termism. So is the same attitude actually being applied to entire nations?

'Sink that country and we'll grab the assets for a pittance...'

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's such an old repeating broken record.

If you recall what occurred with Greece is that Goldman Sachs refinanced their debt.

But what they didn't realize is that they refinanced it with unrealistic Dollar to Euro conversion rates.

Now the Greeks are in a a real Jam Literally !

But this was the entire ploy.

The same thing occurred in 1933 here in the United States when the US went Bankrupt.

And why the US Gold coinage was called in....to repay the Rothschild Banking Cartel debt we had accrued with them in the only real standard and metric of wealth which is Gold.

And the US was placed in Receivership meaning we were bankrupt and our assets were being paid first to those who owned our debt.

And as to why to this day, our income taxes are paid to the FED instead of our Own Treasury because we still owe $$$ to the Banksters.

And people think that Barack Obama is the root of all of our nation's problems !!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I believes Greece is something more sinister..

Greece is being made example of, an example of what happens to a country that cannot monetize her own debts in order to keep the economy moving.. currency manipulation is a vital tool for any nation. In the US, states don't have to worry about it .. we have the all powerful Reserve. The ECB is relatively powerless compared to the US Federal Reserve structure.. in fact the US has used more Dollars bailing out European financial institutions than the ECB has guaranteed to all parties combined.

Some at the ECB and in Brussels want the European Union to become a Federalized system .. some don't (hence the resent resignation of a prominent opponent). If Greece can fall, perhaps Spain or Ireland too, get kicked around and beaten up by the ECB and Euro powers then perhaps they can begin to break the wills of the people and use the financial institution of the ECB to consolidate power where politics cannot.

Break the will of the weakest link, and use the financial exposure to bring down the largest economies, then use the chaos to sew together a new Federal government to "prevent another disaster".

It's what I'd do....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Financial gain and political capital. Very dark. I hadn't given enough thought to the latter aspect, other than in the general sense that the situation could be manipulated by those who want to increasingly diminish national sovereignty. Clearly manipulation is not the same as the deliberate design you imply — which, in view of the suffering imposed on Greece — would be just as nefarious as the kind of national asset-stripping spoken of in the video.

It all sounds as if entire nations have no way of redressing these enormous injustices. Max Kaiser seems to believe legal action could be effective, not to mention turning the tables on the perpetrators by exposing their financial weakness.

Countering the kind of activities you have outlined would be even more difficult, though.

What you are saying is that economic collapse is being used as a weapon to force on populations the political changes they don't want.

Democracy, democracy, wherefore art thou?

edit on 9/9/11 by pause4thought because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What you are saying is that economic collapse is being used as a weapon to force on populations the political changes they don't want.

Men like power. Men want to rule the World. It used to be a conqueror would saddle his horse and ride into battle to slay his foes and take his lands.. the conquest, the glory, but most importantly .. the power to control.

If I were given the two options.. one, destroy every Nation in Europe and forcefully bring it into my power and influence though it is wrecked, destroyed, starving and angry.. Or two, force governments to collapse by imploding on themselves through economic manipulation, then come in as the hero to save the people. Offer them an escape, optimism and a future with the prospect of self governing even though the power and influence come to you...

I'd choose option 2. Conquest over other nations through military means is a deadly gamble in the new age, to many WMDs, to many intelligent weaponry .. it's mutual assured destruction .. so conquest (and there will always be conquest) will be economic, political and secretive until a time comes when it cannot be contained. And since trade has had it's borders destroyed, and communication links over the entire planet, nationalism doesn't come into play .. you're no longer conquering for as a king but as a board member, a Reserve Chairman or a corporate CEO ... consolidating Europe under a Federalist system will create the World's largest united economy, larger than the USA. It will create the second largest military force, and nearly equal to the US's.. and under the Federalist system the oligarchy stands to create a fortune fleecing some of the wealthiest nations on the planet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
On another tack - Finland were threatening to vote on collateral in order to be behind a further Greek bailout/support.

Traditionally, that would be selling off the infra-structure, however, some months back I saw a league table of Central Banks' Gold holdings - Greece didn't fair too badly given their predicament - I, for one , especially as gold is in a bull-run would want a slice of that as collateral - in fact I can't believe my link below shows an increase in their holdings as recently as this August ! How ???

sunnytribune.com... old_sales_programmes_in_the__wake__of_the__region_s__escalating__debt__crisis__the__currentdevelopment__showsa__completely__different__picture___.html

So, your country can be broke , but still enough small change for the central bank to get into a lucrative bull market ?

Will search for that European Central bank league table of gold holdings ....

My tie-in on this vis a vis the thread title would be to go after some alternative holdings - i.e. gold - that could really cripple their asset base.

edit on 9-9-2011 by slidingdoor because: tie-in

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"Götterdämmerung for profit"

I like that one, never heard it phrased quite that way. Financial arsonists is good too.

I finished reading the John Perkins books (Confessions of an Economic Hitman, etc) again and this thread sort of sparked something. I really, really hate to go down this exhausted road of a concept but it kind of fits. In so many fiction books and movies, the state disappears and the world is ruled by corporations.

It would appear that the economic destruction of these European states by moneyed interests is a cogent first step to making that a reality. Why bother playing second fiddle to Politicians and pesky public servants? Do away with them altogether.

However, back on Earth, I do not see a complete take over as tenable. If a corporation only maintains profit, they will eventually bleed the golden goose dry. They have demonstrated this short term myopia over and over. The government attempts, to varying degrees of success from poorly to not so poorly, to a least nurture and maintain the golden goose. Therefore, the corporation will need some government in place. Sort of like how the tick needs the hound alive to keep producing blood.

Maybe, maybe, if these corporations can return to a less perverted form of capitalism and the government can get back in their lane, there will be hope.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor
On another tack - Finland were threatening to vote on collateral in order to be behind a further Greek bailout/support...

I hate to break it to you like this, but Greece has apparently already signed over all its assets to the 'Troika'. All assets — tangible and intangible.

Please watch this. It is astonishing:

Assuming this to be true, the gold you mention is already spoken for.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I watched the videos as I like Max Keiser.

My next questions comes from a position of macrofinacial ignorance. Apparently in the 1930s, Greece went bankrupt because they were not able to repay their loans to the Societe Commerciale De Belgique. I have no clue if that is a commercial interest, a state agency, or the specifics of the loan.

However, if it is similar to a loan you or I would get from lending institution, the majority of the loan is fake to begin with. 90% of the amount lent, is made up from thin air. Yet, the amount I pay back is "real", ergo, their profit. In this case, it was a typical IMF product. Loan a boat load of money to themselves via the troubled country's debtors.

If a loan made to nation states is similar in nature, then I can see why the Greeks won their case in 1939.

The problem I have is how nations get themselves in a compromised position in the first place. The one guy in the video hinted that the folks who ran Greece were financially naive. Simple politicians or entrenched interests who had no clue nor care for the people of Greece. Ripe for the picking. Once you get too far down the road in this movie, short of revolution, there is no turning around.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

In so many fiction books and movies, the state disappears and the world is ruled by corporations.

It would appear that the economic destruction of these European states by moneyed interests is a cogent first step to making that a reality. Why bother playing second fiddle to Politicians and pesky public servants? Do away with them altogether.

It makes you wonder. Perhaps that way they could do away with the need for all that time-consuming lobbying and the inconvenience of kick backs.

I do not see a complete take over as tenable. If a corporation only maintains profit, they will eventually bleed the golden goose dry. They have demonstrated this short term myopia over and over. The government attempts, to varying degrees of success from poorly to not so poorly, to a least nurture and maintain the golden goose. Therefore, the corporation will need some government in place. Sort of like how the tick needs the hound alive to keep producing blood.

Some would say certain corporations / financial institutions already have enough of their former staff in government to make a complete takeover a moot point. Not to mention the possibility of politicians owning stocks in major corporations - assuming corrupt politicians exist.

...if it is similar to a loan you or I would get from lending institution, the majority of the loan is fake to begin with. 90% of the amount lent, is made up from thin air. Yet, the amount I pay back is "real", ergo, their profit. In this case, it was a typical IMF product. Loan a boat load of money to themselves via the troubled country's debtors.

The IMF gets real money from real states, as you say. But if the Fed were involved in any way similar to the trillions they loaned to European banks a year or two ago, perhaps the 'money from thin air' scenario would come into it - though I'll leave that to others more familiar with that aspect.

The problem I have is how nations get themselves in a compromised position in the first place. The one guy in the video hinted that the folks who ran Greece were financially naive. Simple politicians or entrenched interests who had no clue nor care for the people of Greece.

As I understood the 2-part video above, it is believed that the President of Greece, George Papandreou, knowingly sold the country's entire assets to the 'Troika' - the IMF, the European Central Bank & the EU, as part of the proposed deal. Conspiracy theorists would likely be looking for an Illuminati / Bilderberg explanation, with Mr Papandreou a willing participant.

I expect the MSM angle would be that he was left with no alternative.

Either way it's check mate for the Greek people. Unless they can demonstrate the government broke the rules - committed an act of treachery, as the learned interviewees put it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I can see if the details were known and explained fully to the lowest denominator, it becomes the stuff of revolutionary motivation.

At least, if I lived there, I would be wanting someone's scalp over the deal.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I can see if the details were known and explained fully to the lowest denominator...

You mean like this? —

You mean details like Papandreou selling the country's insurance against default to his friends for personal gain?

(I'd go for legal redress as opposed to revolution, but let's just say the guy needs to be held accountable & the country should have the right to regain what was rightfully its own, both in this instance and in the many others covered in these mind-boggling reports.)

Anybody listening?

new topics

top topics

join