It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Bad way to Express Your Views - Be a Complete Idiot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So, I saw this about a week ago and having been involved in some charity rides I was really angry.
As a biker (less than avid) and someone who loves the mountains (small two lane roads, often with bikers), I see the issue and there are needs that must be addressed to maintain safety on the roads.
That said, I wanted to post this video to see what others think. In my quick search for it, I ran across a couple of interesting web sites that I'd like to share. You can see by this it is a devisive topic.

Errrmmm

Errmmm 2

I guess anyone who choses for whatever reason to ride a bike is a libtard on wheels.

The people partaking in this ride are doing so for a good reason (charity). They also are getting in shape, working hard (it's the mountains!) and enjoying the beauty of the surroundings.

The people in the truck are mindless hicks who's actions prove how stupid they are. Any dissenters?
Edit to add: the first 30 seconds are just warming up...

ColoradoJens

edit on 9-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
they have the same iq points as their car has cilinders...

might be the same guys.

allthough i could laugh about this one.

you don't mess around with people raising money for charity.

douchebags

edit on 9-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yeah, they may be the same tools in both videos...seeing as how it would be impossible for them to get a date with that girl, what's the next step? Cover her in pollution! Genious! Classy!

CJ

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

you're probably right.
most likely these are the kind of people that:
- spell date like this: my d8 was superg8!!
- watch jersey shore and idolize snooky
- swallow every bit of propaganda that get's fed to them
- think bingedrinking and causing turmoil is the norm
- find themselves 'tan'tastic (people familiar with the Jersey Shore will most likely get this joke
)

i dislike myself knowing that, a couple years back, i was exactly the same.

thank god i 'woke up'

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
These guys really have nothing better to do than to go around spraying people with toxic fumes
This kind of reminds me squidbillies lol. Kinda makes me laugh and hate them at the same time. Most ***holes in cars usually like to yell profanities at bikers or pedestrians too, knowing that they're in the safety of their own car...People these days.. And to think, there's such a huge stigma against smokers. People who freak out about cigarette smoke need to open their eyes and turn toward any street or highway...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
So, I saw this about a week ago and having been involved in some charity rides I was really angry.
As a biker (less than avid) and someone who loves the mountains (small two lane roads, often with bikers), I see the issue and there are needs that must be addressed to maintain safety on the roads.
That said, I wanted to post this video to see what others think. In my quick search for it, I ran across a couple of interesting web sites that I'd like to share. You can see by this it is a devisive topic.

Errrmmm

Errmmm 2

I guess anyone who choses for whatever reason to ride a bike is a libtard on wheels.

The people partaking in this ride are doing so for a good reason (charity). They also are getting in shape, working hard (it's the mountains!) and enjoying the beauty of the surroundings.

The people in the truck are mindless hicks who's actions prove how stupid they are. Any dissenters?
Edit to add: the first 30 seconds are just warming up...

ColoradoJens

edit on 9-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

Dissenters?looking for an argument?
First I think: "bikers" wear leather and ride motorcycles.
"cyclist's"or"bikey's" wear spandex.

Secondly I agree "technically"and "legally" bicyclists are entitled to the same chunk of road my car or 1800cc motorcycle is.
However; I believe their speed mismatch and the "attitude" combine to create a road hazard. The "Cyclist" Always loses.
I think most "cyclists" (around here anyway) are out to make an in your face political statement "I have a right to waddle along a narrow country road at 5mph!"

We had someone killed in town recently who rode full out( head down) into a parked car.
Fact:.Here "they" don't look when crossing intersections; and believe stop signs don't apply to them.

Yesterday my wife( a long time "bicyclist") and I were coming home;coming up to the turn into our subdivision we had to turn onto a side street that is crossed by the "paved path" used by pedestrians and cyclists. There were of course two cyclists in spadex moving down the path Anticipating arriving at the same point in space(intersection)at the same time I slowed, hung back slightly, and let them continue to cross the public street before turning in ourselves.

My wife:"watch it; they're not gonna even look" ....
"I see it"..
and of course they didn't break cadence nor look up" not even one glance over the shoulder to check for cross traffic.Sorry I have little concern for arrogant"biker fags"( your link not mine).
That said:
Bicycling is a wonderful sport! it is healthy physical exercise; good for you mentally.Offers mechanical challenges if you want it..
It's environmentally friendly.All good things.
It also has an "elitist snobbery aspect". If you are going to force your "views"in peoples faces you are provoking such behavior. you are the ones bringing a "knife to a gunfight".drivers havingto make extra efforts to avoid squashing you or running you off the road puts them and oncoming traffic in danger and it's entirely your fault.
It's pure physics. the bicyclist always loses.
You can be"right" and you can be "road kill" at the same time.Your choice.
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by ColoradoJens

you're probably right.
most likely these are the kind of people that:
- spell date like this: my d8 was superg8!!
- watch jersey shore and idolize snooky
- swallow every bit of propaganda that get's fed to them
- think bingedrinking and causing turmoil is the norm
- find themselves 'tan'tastic (people familiar with the Jersey Shore will most likely get this joke
)

i dislike myself knowing that, a couple years back, i was exactly the same.

thank god i 'woke up'

Hey, a Peter Kay comedy show used the word "tantastic" in the late 90s, that was my first experience of the word.

But yeah, the people in the videos and who the above member describe are morons and should be shot or segregated from intelligent people who want no part in the reality tv crap.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We have had similar issues in my area. We have quite a large population that enjoys bike riding and it can cause some issues with impatient motorists who always seem to be in a hurry. Motorists can be rude and in a few cases violent towards the cyclists. There has even been a couple deaths of cyclists.

On the other side of the issue, there have been just as many cyclists that take the "it's my road too" mentality too far and have caused undo harm to themselves or other riders because they had a point to make.

Everyone needs to slow down, share the road and not get all worked up because someone decides to pedal-it...or drive a deisel truck.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I agree. In a limited sense, I don't like either group - both have a point and both act like dorks in pushing their agendas. For many years, I openly mocked bikers with their gear and over inflated sense of purpose. Same with those that drive their mega trucks like they own the road...

I began biking like this only due to my sister in law getting MS and doing some charity rides. I met a lot of people who are really into biking and are not the people associated with pushing their rights - it's hard to tell a persons' ideology based upon the fact they ride a bike - to me that is too simple - someone thinking it is funny to blast pollution on them "cause they are biking dorks" has stated their ideology. They can be pinned.

Colorado boasts some of the most regulated and used bike lanes. There IS an issue where safety has become a concern - too many bikers and not enough room - those who push it and make it dangerous for all - those who feel it is their "right" to impede the way etc etc.

CJ

top topics

join