It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eben Ezer/Emael, Home of a 70 million year old civilization?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Regenstorm

I guarantee that Marvel's agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. studied that 70 million yr old village, and then arranged for it to be blown up afterwards, to hide all evidence of the abhorrent alien race that melted the flint rock into housing projects all those aeons ago...

edit on JanuaryWednesday1601CST04America/Chicago-060054 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Caves of Mount St. Peter

Caves of Mount St. Peter – For centuries marl, a calcareous clay was excavatedCaves of Mount St. Peter Maastricht for building purposes. Eventually, an underground labyrinth of over 2,000 passages evolved. It is estimated that the total distance of these passages adds up to 200 km with certain sections as high as 16 meters. Historically, these caves, mainly served as a place of refuge during sieges and wars.
Till this very date, one can see on some walls signs, writings and drawings which narrate the history of these caves.

Names, dates and hometowns were scratched on walls by American soldiers during world war II.

there are also reviews on tripadvisor
www.tripadvisor.co.uk...

edit on 27/1/2016 by hardcorepawn because: added link

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I cannot find anything about this that comes from a reputable site. Am I truly supposed to trust a site called "Cosmick (sic.) Traveller"? Or some blog where I can't actually find the post in particular? Some spiritual geocities-style site claiming discoveries of millions of years old microchips and maps, that are backed up by nobody who is an actual archaeologist?

Quite frankly, I call bullsh*t.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Flint is found in layers, in chalk, as one above typed, stone age man used flint to make cutting tools, spear heads, etc., the flint itself is found in oddly rounded 'nodules' and yes it is hard, but as the rock is not a continues layer, it can be dug out with some effort. As for those tunnels, why are they not full of ground water?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

The Geer/Jeker river flows under the level of the tunnels entrance.
The access are generally found on a hillside.

If you look the area on a map, there is a strange situation in Kanne : the natural valley created by the Geer is crossing the artificial valley of the Albert canal, there is piping system that channels the Geer under the canal so that the river can still flow through Maastricht.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I should be able to visit the tower and the museum during the second week of February.
I will take some pictures.
In the meantime, for those interested, after the WWII battleground, here comes the cold-war era top-secret base :

Maastricht Cannerberg; underground NATO Joint Operations Center (JOC) / 2 ATAF Alternate War HQ and Allied Tactical Operations Center (ATOC) inside of the Cannerberg 1960-1992. Former used.

Facility peacetime staff was appx 50 and wartime +300 personnel; it had been equipped with (then) hi-tech state of the art code and crypto equipment to be used in the Air Defense Operation Center, the Tape Relay Center and the Crypto Center. There also used to be important offensive computer systems like Einsatz Fuehrungs System Luftwaffe (EIFEL) and Status Control Alerting and Reporting System (SCARS) to connect and to control all NATO bases throughout Europe.
Electric capacity was supplied by a submarine diesel which still reamains inside the cave as it is to large to be removed!
The facility was deactivated 1992 and closed 1995 because of heavy asbestos contamination risks.

Source

Entrance :

Inside :

More picture are likely to be found via urbex sites. As I said earlier, I don't plan to go at the base, it's full of asbestos anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Cool ! The base is open for visits as well !

Guided tours 2016:

20 + 21 feb. | 14.00
19 + 20 mar. | 14.00
16 + 17 apr. | 14.00
21 + 22 mai | 14.00
18 + 19 jun. | 14.00

Video tour of the base (in Dutch) :

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join