It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush said Monday that veterans' group should stop airing television ads criticizing John

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Looks like the ads may soon be gone. That should make the liberals happy. But now the people know who Kerry really is.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah, another great example of political maneuvering by George Bush.

Of course he says the ads should stop! Now that we've discovered his role in them. Now that we know the "swift boat for truth" are former Bush campiagners.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
OMG!!!! Do you guys ever stop?

Last week you couldn't cry loud enough to have Bush publicly denounce the ads, this week he does, and you still find fault.

Man it gets old.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't think the ads will end. The people running them said they were not part of the Bush group and even if he asked they would not stop.

I think if they did stop after Bush's very generic comments it would actually further show their connections.

Personally as long as something is true I say run it.
I think these are in fact wrong and should be pulled. Just like that stupid Hitler ad Moveon.org ran. Neither is worth it and the money should have been used to pay for medicine for veterans or senior citizens instead.

Keep in mind the swift boat ad cost was $550,000. That money could have been used to award say $1,000 to 550 veterans. I think that would have made more sense. Also next time you hear the discussion of how much all these groups on both sides spend consider breaking it to into $1,000 chunks and realize the number of people that money could have helped. Could you or a relative have used some of that money to pay for medicine?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aimlessly
OMG!!!! Do you guys ever stop?

Last week you couldn't cry loud enough to have Bush publicly denounce the ads, this week he does, and you still find fault.

Man it gets old.

He can't do anything right as long as he sponsors this kind of propaganda. If John Kerry said George Bush sold nuclear weapons to Iraq before 9/11, would you forgive John Kerry just because he pulled the ads?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Funny how the Dems are all about da "free speech" until it is something they don't like...

Reverse the roles and I'm sure you would be shouting "Censorship!!!"

[edit on 23-8-2004 by gurnio]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yea, laws against defamation are stupid...

It'd be nice to see politicians and people getting back to the issues.

new topics

top topics

join