It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

METRO DC under water...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Crazy, crazy night. I haven't seen flooding like this EVER in the metro area. 5-9 inches just tonight alone!

When daylight arrives, I have a feeling we are going to see some serious damage. Irene was nothing compared to this!

For those of you who are familiar with the area, the beltway has been closed for hours (during rush hour). It isn't uncommon to hear of 4-6 hour commutes for trips normally taking just an hour or so...

edit on 8-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Crazy, crazy night. I haven't seen flooding like this EVER in the metro area. 5-9 inches just tonight alone!

When daylight arrives, I have a feeling we are going to see some serious damage. Irene was noting compared to this!

For those of you who are familiar with the area, the beltway has been closed for hours (during rush hour). It isn't uncommon to hear of 4-6 hour commutes for trips normally taking just an hour or so...

Looking pretty flooded.any pics of the metro area,or is this metro?
edit on 8-9-2011 by Daedal because: changed text

edit on 8-9-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
DC as well as Pennsylvania?

This weekend is already proving to be of great interest. Kind of adds more 'doom and gloom' to what may occur in New York...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Suburb.

But I have seen similar all across the area. (I was one of those people who spent 4 and half hours to do what normally takes one hour.
)

That radar image has looked essentially the same for days.

I've never seen it do that here.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here in Texas that's just a light rain

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

I thought you guys haven't got any rain down there?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I'm here in good old Texas. Rain? What the heck is that, half the dang states on fire!
I know what you meant though...lol. When this drought ends it will be with a flood, like usual.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hopefully the guy in that picture doesn't have a cold air intake.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well, we have been having tremendous amounts of rainfall since Saturday, so the totals are far, far higher.

There have already been a few deaths here tonight.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I know yesterday (and some of today)...there was a very strange "system" that was a strait line of rain, from VA that headed strait up north, in a line, through DC, MD, and PA and some of NY. I look at the radar daily, sometimes several times a day, I had never seen a south to north storm such as this one....

I know Baltimore had some flooding yesterday. Since the hurricane blew threw the east coast, as saturated as some areas were prior to that, this system really had an impact.

Be glad that Katia is going to miss the east coast (last I heard).

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yeah were dry as an old bone here we need a good ol frog strangler

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Originally posted by summer5
I look at the radar daily, sometimes several times a day, I had never seen a south to north storm such as this one....

I can't ever remember seeing the same either.

Any weather gurus out there know what kind of system this is?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hurricane leftovers courtesy of the Gulf.
I forgot the name of the storm though.
Odd that it dropped the rain that far North, usually it dumps when it hits the mountains.
The jet stream must be far North and high pressure zone is keeping it stalled right over you.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Lee was it's name and it sure is moving slowly ... brace and prepare to be inundated ... this, is a just warm up.
36 feet of water flowing down Main St and clearing everything in it's path, now that's a serious problem ... google "1977 Johnstown Flood" for more details.

3 more systems revving up and getting ready to encroach on Lee's territories ... this is one occasion that i hope IF HAARP can steer these systems, it will. Prayers be with you all

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It better not rain again, so much rain this week
its depressing really, hell enough with the rain in the Metro DC Area, send it to Texas they need it the most

new topics

top topics

join