It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No seriously... Why other nations are still importing *snip* products made in China??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Chinese industry manufactures the CRAPPIEST products on the planet. Probably in the entire galaxy. They clone everything with the worse quality possible and imaginable. And they export tons of their *snip* with the lowest prices, not to mention their army of smugglers all over the world, who easily and quickly carry the stuff through the border of corrupt countries. I can't take it anymore. Everything you buy nowadays, mainly electronic products, have a "Made in China" seal. What means you are buying a piece of *snip* made with bunk materials, with a really short lifetime, fragile, with 90% chances of coming with fabrication defects, malfunctions and depending on what you are buying, may yet release toxic substances which may let you or someone of your family, sick. It's a WASTE OF MONEY buying anything made in China, yet the governments all around the world, mainly in the 3rd world, keep importing more and more Chinese crap. I'm not even talking about the classic fake stuff made in China. I'm talking about the "official" products, which are a nightmare anyway.

Not to mention Chinese food (brrrrrr). They kill and eat dogs and who knows what else. What we are actually eating when we order a box from the neighborhood's Chinese restaurant?? They give their own children milk with melamine. They sell their own countrymen synthetic fake eggs, let alone what they export to other countries...

Yeah, I'm P***** OFF 'cos I have another bad experience with Chinese products today. It was a computer gear, which is IMPOSSIBLE find one not made in China. Unless you have an Apple product. If you have a PC, forget it. ANYTHING you buy is made in China. If you buy it, get ready for a headache.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Meh, they will collapse soon. Cannot match America's way of living in China like when you workers are paid basically peanuts. Its good in some cities do not get me wrong..For the most part however the country still lives in major poverty.

China was used and they don't even know it that or they probably do at the top but could care less when its the citizens of china paying for their greed. Investors came in, were provided cheap workers in exchange for bringing in capital and investment. A lot of money went to the top and no money to the workers. No real money anyway.

This will not last forever and China is only successful because of its ability to amass cheap goods made by low paid workers. The manufacturing industry is not there to support a long term growth structure in my opinion because of the very fact that 700 million or so are still impoverished beyond belief. It would take a way long time before China matches anything that can be sustained. I believe they are about to crash as the more workers demand more pay and rights and benefits the industries and factories will shut down along with it the real estate market that bubbled. Communism cannot last forever unfortunately for them it will run its course much like the USSR because you cannot match the USA in the ability to spend and manipulate currency.

America will come out on top just by default on all fronts of the economy for many reasons. We are still number one in Manufacturing they just manufacture cheap bs for export.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Why cant they make a cell phone that lasts longer than a year.

Hell, I found an old rotary phone in a box with a bunch of other old stuff, and a phone 40+ years old still works. My kids knew that it was phone, but had no idea how it worked, kind of funny.

I looked a little closer and it said, "Made in the USA". I suppose that explains it.

But, I have to say for all intents and purposes, the people said they wanted cheaper products and they got what they asked for. I have always been one to spend a few extra bucks to get something that would last.

I have gone as far as going and confiscating some of my dads old tools that some of them he has had since he was a boy. I got tired of replacing tools after using them less than a year. These old tools that I now have are still so much better than what we have today.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

What really grinds my gears is when i have to buy security cam gear, for side jobs, and the capture cards, cameras, and software are grossly misrepresented as being decent, after i pay big bucks for garbage that i dont find out was made in china until after i get it. find some of this made in america, its possible, but be prepared to pay through the nose for it.

i feel your pain brotha!

it makes me want to start a manufacturing company in america, and make all of the cheap crap here, you would think that it would be cheaper to manufacture here because of shipping, WRONG! so many barriers our wonderful gooberment puts up makes it impossible, unless your a foreigner.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Actually, what I would like to see is a person come along and start a business that only stocks made in the USA products and maybe a few other places like Australia(the shotgun shells I use are made there) and among a few others. However, the person may not have anything to put on the shelves if they were relying on made in USA products.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

you get what you pay for.
but from your op i'm guessing you just dont like chinese people.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the boxer rebellions, the opium wars, the racist oppression they suffered in their own country by the british and then later in the new world by the americans and the hundreds of thousands of other incidents they have suffered at the hands of foreigners = revenge is a dish best served cold.

they don't give a flying f if they serve you dog or if your computer explodes, or if they clean you out of every last dollar.

and to top it off they would absolutely under no circumstances ever extradite a chinese citizen to any country no matter what crimes they have committed.

basically a free license for chinese citizens to screw every western country out of as much money as they can.

they're giving it to you every which way and americans are dumb to realize it.

edit on 8-9-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Actually, what I would like to see is a person come along and start a business that only stocks made in the USA products

You mean like this one...
www.madeinusaproductsstore.com...

and this one
www.saveourcountryfirst.com...

and this one
www.madeinusa.org...

and this one
www.stillmadeinusa.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh man China is sooo horrible, blah blah blahhhhhhhh

Sucks you feel that way, hope you enjoy living in this world where many of our things are imported and yes, made in china.
I enjoy shelling out $40 for a pretty floor lamp made in china, where as it would be $85-$150 here. It has lasted 5 years now and still going.
I enjoy shelling out a $100 for a digital sewing machine which works the same if not better than most $200+ deals found here. Purchased in 06' still working fine.
I enjoy going to the chinese buffet and eating all their foods too.. yummy.

Sucks for you indeed.

Now if you were to lecture me about how this is affecting the economy than well.. I'm guilty really.
But this isn't about that, it's about China and their 'cheap' products and foods which I don't have any problem with.
edit on 8-9-2011 by innocenttdreams because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well, how about that.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a simple answer to your main question in the topic is: china = cheap goods = big profits!!
it's as simple as that

can USA do it? yes! and it also does so...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This is funny... except for processors, cars and a few high end things it's all made in China.

Why ? Because we are greedy and the corporations even more. Yet take a look at the iphone and other top products, they still say made in china.

Labor is cheap, and most products are crap because you pay 1$ for them, what did you expect ? It's a good thing patents still exist, if China was allowed to clone everything they'd do it cheaper and just as good. There are sweat shops all around the world, China just makes more stuff.

Again they have good products, but these products are not so cheap and we mostly import their cheap crap because every shop dreams of buying products for less than 1$ each and selling them for 20$.

As for them eating dogs, so what? You eat cows that are sacred to Indians for example. Studies show that pigs are smart and we still eat them ...

As for old products lasting longer: I work in the industry and new products are not made to last no matter where they are from. If you make a product that lasts 20 years, who will you sell it to after 5 years when everybody has one.

They will fail soon enough, but if they do ... we're all dead. They invested a lot of money in IT and make good and cheap products now (let's say cheaper, not cheap). They also prove how much things really cost:

Take a look at madeinchina.com they have a lot of things you may see in your local shops, but it's dirt cheap, it's not their fault we pay 10 times more for it and expect it to last 10 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Are you insane ? Don't you think products are a little expensive on the websites ? now really ...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RanDeLv2
Are you insane ? Don't you think products are a little expensive on the websites ? now really ...

Didnt look at the prices, was just letting a poster know that the thing he wanted actually exists.

As for China, I buy things from there all the time. Bought some kite ripstop nylon just a few hours ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Double post!
edit on 9/9/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

top topics

join