It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 1283 at it again. new m and x class

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venomilk
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i hope that doesnt mean they are lying about them not being earth directed.

I take comfort in the thousands upon thousands of amateur astronomers and thousands more who are not so amateur and are looking at the same things NASA is in the same real time. If NASA tried to lie on something as close and obvious as a CME heading in a direction it really isn't, I think the voices rising in protest and outrage would be deafening. I sleep well at night solely for that reason. Where space matters are concerned, NASA is the spokesman, but they are one of a HUGE crowd that collects the data. We'll hear from the rest in the event of funny business.

Just my thoughts..and how I find the peace to sleep well in these uncertain times.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
my hunch about those CME's heading towards earth is that they don't on their own cause EQ's. Looking at page after page of HAARP magnetometer readings,and spaceweather.com pages its hard to see any correlation. But when looking at more than one page of data there seem to be a combination of factors that may coincide with EQ's i.e..

Large coronal hole outputs a denser solar wind that has higher than average velocity
Large fluctuations that result in a lower interplanetary mag field
?maybe? planetary/lunar alignments
An earthbound CME possibly being the proverbial straw to break the camel's back and trigger an EQ
and then there's the "where will the EQ be?" question

I figure there are normal quakes triggered by conventional plate tectonics and then, why ignore the possibility that the most massive known object in our solarsystem i.e. the Sun could have effects on our magnetic field, gravitational field which could correlate to some seismic activity.

My point is to say that "the activities of our Sun cannot ever affect the geological or seismic activity on Earth" seems short minded.

Ad I don't thinnk HAARP causes them either, in fact their induction magnetometer is a valuable resource offering information about our planet

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with the comet reaching perihelion.

When it crosses the ecliptic in a few days, nothing will happen.

When it transits the sun ten days after, nothing will happen. NASA says so.

Just a coinkidink.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like an EKG or EEG?
Is the sun having a heart attack or a stroke?

Originally posted by iamhobo
Yeah the sun is acting wild! Aren't we in solar maximum though?

Either way, this picture says it all

top topics

<< 1   >>

join