It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEROIDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Can anyone on here give me any advice on roids as I have hit a brick wall with me training and a mate of mine is on deca so I was thinking of taking some

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Mine would simply be stay away from it. Nothing is worht good old natural muscles.

Why would you want to take some anyway? Wanna be Mister Universe or something like that?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Steroids are a big bag of worms. I know a few people at my gym that have done/ are doing them. Truthfully, much of the side effects on the body can be suppressed from other meds, ie. estrogen blocker to prevent aromatizeation, an aid to boost natural testosterone production as you come off.

But the most overlooked side effect is psychological. I've seen people that come off and can't handle the fact they shrink up after going off. They then quickly go back on, and that is where the abuse starts. Pure ego-trip.

Your best bet is just to shake up your work-out routine a bit, try changing some things up. Also make sure your getting at least your body weight in grams of protein per day. If it is inevitable that you are going to do the stuff, don LOTS of research. Just remember that this shortcut is much ego, while doing it naturally creates discipline and a sense of self-respect and pride you just don't get with steroids. Spend that money on natural supplements and workout mags + books!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
cheers for ur replys lads but having seen the results friends of mine are having i still want to do them it doesnt help that at my gym nearly everyone is on them and i see people who i am genetically better than getting the results due to it

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So, your friend is running a deca only cycle? That's smart.

First of all, before you use steroids you have to be around 20 years old at the YOUNGEST, and have been dedicated to lifting for 2+ years. You should know exactly what training program works for you, and be eating the right foods, getting enough rest, etc. to get the best results. I highly doubt you have everything in check that is necessary to move on to steroids...and let me assure you, if these things are not in check, your gains made on steroids will disappear post cycle, and you will naturally make worse progress in the gym than you did before steroids.

Even if you think you are ready, you have to do a lot of research...know that side effects include hair loss, testicular shrinkage, gyno (bitch tits), stunting of growth (if you are not done growing yet, which is why you should be in your 20s at least), and worst of all, you could possibly suppress your own hormones enough to where they never recover and you become impotent...this means hormone replacement therapy the rest of your life. Most side effects can be avoided if you are smart about what you are doing.

Im not going to break ats rules and talk about how to use illegal drugs on the forum...but I doubt you are ready for steroids. If you do use them however, under no circumstances should you run a cycle without proper post cycle therapy...that is where most people screw themselves over.

And, while progress made is the most important, most people should probably be at least 200 pounds with low body fat (10%

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have a medical issue which on occastion requires me to take an anobolic steriods-prednozone.

Let me tell you what it does,
1) very hungry-all the time as well as very thirsty all the time
2)can't sleep at night-I took it at 7am to try and prevent this-no luck
3) I become very touchy about everything-pissy, short tempered....

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Actually, prednisone is an anti-inflammatory steroid, it is not anabolic at all...I have taken it before. I would advise you to take as little of that as possible for as short as possible, because it can have very serious long term effects...but no, it does not build muscle mass.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
THe most important thing is to realize what you are getting into. First things first, you have to be over 20 years old, thats key, you'll be finished puberty and hormone levels have leveled off. You should already have a decent foundation of training on you, a minimum of a year, 2 would be more helpful.

Anoither key is the source, make sure its legit, maybe a refferal from the gym if your lucky, a doctor wold obviously be best. Speaking of doctors, make sure you are blood tested every month, it is so important to make sure nothing is going wrong and to stay safe. If you want me to get into more about this feel free to ask questions.

note: I do not promote steroids, i am simply just giving some useful information.

top topics

join