It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every major event in history was planned or a hoax!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Shocking isn't it? Let's play a little game, find a major event without a conspiracy behind it. Should be fun.

:just to add for the curious, I made this thread because of all the moon landing, pearl harbor, holocaust... hoax threads, and because I find it funny how most events have some sort of conspiracy big or small tied to them, and that there are people who believe nearly everyone of them.:
edit on 7-9-2011 by dementedtheclown because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is an old theory, basically from the whole masons/shadow government conspiracies.

world war 1 had to happen to create the treaty of versailles, which in turn caused the rise of Hitler and the secoend world war. WW2 had to happen to facilitate the holocaust, which caused the creation of Israel. Now the rest is pretty much all theoretical, but many believe that Israel will play a major part in the third world war, which is to be the last and will bring about the 1 world government, there are alot of sites about this, gotta say pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is that supposed to be something new ? We know this, do you realise how much the word false flag has been tossed around ?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Major event? Do you want to define that, or is that up for interpretation?

OK, I'll play along. Now, do I have to find the conspiracy for my own suggestion, or is this something you do as part of the game?

Well, I'll go with Mount St. Helens. Certainly that qualifies as a major event, and as far as I can remember, there really is no conspiracy about it. Please, don't tell me Elenin had an alignment with the earth on 5/18/80?
edit on 9/7/2011 by ChachiArcola because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft a-gley.
--Robert Burn

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Amen! If I hear about Elenin one more time, I'll scream......literally.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not sure what you are getting at here? Depends on what you consider a conspiracy. For everything to be a conspiracy there would need to be a large bureaucracy for this shadow government to pull that many strings. I think your scope is too big.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
Shocking isn't it? Let's play a little game, find a major event without a conspiracy behind it. Should be fun.

I have one to offer as a challenge. The 1986 Challenger Disaster. How can someone convincingly present that event as the product of conspiracy as opposed to issues of safety, schedules and just plain complacency within NASA at the time?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Agreed! The very first hoax that got it all started was "I AM".

Then the conspiracy "YOU ARE NOT" followed very quickly and we've been playing that game ever since.

Namaste!
edit on 7-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well my birth was neither planned, nor a hoax, and it is definitely the most major event to have directly affected me as of yet...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Heartisblack do you speak to people like this in the real world?

ok op I have one for you, the bringing down of the Berlin wall.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I have one to offer as a challenge. The 1986 Challenger Disaster. How can someone convincingly present that event as the product of conspiracy as opposed to issues of safety, schedules and just plain complacency within NASA at the time?

There is one stating that there was a dying last message before they hit the water.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Might have listed a few events and examples to kick off and draw interest.As not,moving along...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't believe EVERY major event in history is a conspiracy, and even if there is a conspiracy "theory" behind certain major events, that doesn't necessarily make that particular conspiracy true. I enjoy a "plot-twist" as much as the next guy, but when it gets to the point, where even most natural disasters are considered to have some sort of conspiracy behind them? I think that's when you know... that's when you know.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Well my birth was neither planned, nor a hoax, and it is definitely the most major event to have directly affected me as of yet...

This is a serious question: How do you know?

I don't mean why do you believe... I mean how do you *KNOW*? On every level and dimension of possibility... you *know* for sure that it wasn't planned? Or that your birth isn't a hoax you are playing on yourself? Were you there? Do you remember being there? Do you know what happened before your birth? On every level of possibility within infinity?

Note: I'm not suggesting you don't exist.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Hmmm well if I'm understanding this right that you mean for someone to come up with a some history changing event without at least a conspiracy THEORY ALLEGING that there was a conspiracy behind it, then I'll give it a shot.

Woodstock......no wait some one will tie in the theory about the CIA trying to pacate the the anti-war and civil rights movement by making the 60's more about drug use and 'dropping out' than about social change.

The Hindenburg blimp disaster....no wait there's a conspiracy that it was caused by a bomb set by the Allies to make Germany look bad....

The milestone in Children's literature Alice in Wonderland being written by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll)....No wait there have been suggestions that he was close to children simply because he was a pervert who liked to take nude photos of little girls...not to mention at least one author thinks that he was Jack The Ripper!!!

Wow....this is harder than I thought!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Seinfeld ?

There was no conspiracy why it ended in the peak of it's success.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

This is a serious question: How do you know?

Between you and I, if this was an in-depth philosophical thread my approach would have been slightly different.

I am indeed aware this current incarnation may have been intended or planned prior to my 'arrival,' and that my true essence is not bound by birth, death, or any other events deemed 'major.' In fact as my life progresses, it is becoming quite clear that, via synchronicity, events are becoming bound together quicker in ever more peculiar and unlikely ways, as if drawn towards some great inception point in the future (rather than pushed forth and permeated by events in our past). This trancendental moment is the focus of Timewave Zero, a topic which has commanded my attention for some time now, and has embedded itself snuggly into my own experience - see a few of the links in my signature.

This notion gives rise to a personal knowing that this process of unfolding is a necessary accompaniment to my becoming, that this path is both the facilitator and result of my perceived existence, and that I am right where I should be. That's what I know so far - ask me what I believe regarding existence, and I will say that remains to be seen. So far, I can say the answer is both yes and no, there is no either/or.

'If you believe something, you have signed away its opposite.' ~Terence McKenna, 1984 The Invisible Landscape Peer Review

I appreciate your approach, U2U me anytime.

~Namaste to you as well

edit on 7/9/11 by Evasius because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Ahhh... well color me informed and happy to meet a fellow contemplative mind.
And yeah... now that I see your signature I would have been able to guess. Unfortunately I've tuned signatures out for the most part, heh. Thanks for taking the time and I would be glad to chat further if something crosses our paths of interest.

Namaste and have a wonderful weekend(s)!

top topics

join