It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiverse question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To be quite honest, I don't even know how I'm going to ask this question without it sounding like a complete convoluted mess. I practiced on a friend and, while she understood where I was going, she couldn't quite grasp it.

I'm all for giving the multiverse theory a shot. Hell, I probably have a more concrete belief in wilder theories. Ancient aliens, anyone (only marginally - but still)? From what I understand, our universe may be in a bubble that is floating around in a bulk. Off our universe more universes bubble off which in turn bubbles off more and more universes essentially creating an infinite copy of you, me, and everything around us. Doesn't this go against everything science has taught us before? I get that it makes "sense". But, if the original universe was created from a singularity, how can other universes bubble off of ours (and so forth and so on) without a singularity. It would seem to me that the multiverse theory kind of disproves the need of a single electron suddenly exploding out of nowhere to create everything that we know.

Secondly, if universes are constantly bubbling off of eachother, where does time start? What role does "time" really play? When a universe bubbles off, does it immediately make a copy of me in the here and now? Or does the universe bubble off and start at zero? If this were to happen then it would set into motion the idea that all of this didn't really happen by accident. It would seem to me that the world is indeed a stage and we're all preordained actors in a play.

What happens to universes that bubbled off pre-Yucatan meteor? Was there then no actual extinction level event? What would this mean for evolution?

Do you get where I'm trying to go here? Ugh. I'm thinking too much.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Easy to follow...but very big thinking...

I get it...and am going to find some info on multiverses...if there is any that I can understand...

S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is Michio kaku doing a great job of explaning the multiverse in language ordinary people can understand. The complex mathmatics and therotical physics underlying these kinds of ideas are probably only truely grasped by a handful of the worlds top physicists.. But guys like Kaku do a good job of painting an image of it for us.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hivethink

You know, I've had the same thoughts on the multiverse idea. To me it simply sounds like making the same universe over and over again. I can't help but find that idea kind of boring, and well, disappointing.
Even if the details of these new universes were to differ from our own, I imagine I'd still feel the same. To me it seems to lack the spark of creativity, the awesomeness of something new, but perhaps I'm thinking of it too harshly..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Multiverse theory helps resolve inconsistencies with current understanding of Physics.
I see no reason for them to exists once they sort the maths out.
edit on 7-9-2011 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join