It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a blue object really blue, or is it in fact every other colour except blue?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
This is why we don't fully comprehend multiple dimensions beyond the 3d, or quantum mechanics.

We are set about deciding what something is, when in reality, most things are defined by what they aren't.

Need proof? Look up at the stars at night and try to decide what each one is. Check out the double slit experiment and decide what an electron is. Try to figure what the mechanism behind quantum entanglement (spooky action at a distance) is. Try to describe what the speed of light is (because it's not constant througout the universe). Try to determine what the distance between two objects really is (because if we measure distance with light, and light can't be trusted... well, whatever.).

edit on 2011/9/8 by sbctinfantry because: Tried to figure out what the best way to write this is.

Ok then, describe what each of those phenomenon isn't.
edit on 8-9-2011 by john_bmth because: grammar

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
when you look at a colour you see every other colour except the color you perceive

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allseeingey3
when you look at a colour you see every other colour except the color you perceive
Exept you don't see those colours because colour only exists in the brain. The colour you see is the colour the object is. Green grass is green.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Is a blue object really blue, or is it in fact every other colour except blue?

I really do not know for sure ckitch. Thanks for the comment in the similar thread * and after looking into this subject, I am left with more questions than answers, and the line between objective color and subjective perception seems a bit fuzzy. When researching the subject, there is a plethora of studies and articles, but I cannot find a definitive answer, because I can't seem to separate the color from the language/perception factor.

Here are some interesting articles to ponder:

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.icsi.berkeley.edu...
online.wsj.com...
optometry.osu.edu...
arstechnica.com...

Peace,
spec
edit on 8-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
This is why we don't fully comprehend multiple dimensions beyond the 3d, or quantum mechanics.

We are set about deciding what something is, when in reality, most things are defined by what they aren't.

Need proof? Look up at the stars at night and try to decide what each one is. Check out the double slit experiment and decide what an electron is. Try to figure what the mechanism behind quantum entanglement (spooky action at a distance) is. Try to describe what the speed of light is (because it's not constant througout the universe). Try to determine what the distance between two objects really is (because if we measure distance with light, and light can't be trusted... well, whatever.).

edit on 2011/9/8 by sbctinfantry because: Tried to figure out what the best way to write this is.

Ok then, describe what each of those phenomenon isn't.
edit on 8-9-2011 by john_bmth because: grammar

Whoa now! You're just making up science as you go. Who says that's possible? That's like trying to figure out every number zero isn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
no no ,a blue object is in fact orange yes that's right ORANGE

conversely an orange object is blue

Hope diamond

look at a color negative if you want to see what you really look like .All those pretty green trees we see are red

our eyes/brains reverse all the color information we see,to top it all off you have never really seen anything all you see is the light reflecting off of whatever you are looking at not the object itself

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

And that's precisely my point. To describe what something isn't, you need to know what it is. I fail to see how the former will expand our understanding of higher dimensions and QP.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think we all see blue the same or similar but not the other colours.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Blue =Orange
Orange=Blue

that's a fact

Red=Green
Yellow=Purple..and so on in any universe where there is light
whether or not there are eyes to see it

I'm trying to tell you ,mystery solved, has nothing to do with how anyone in particular s eyes see things

screwd up the link in the earlier post here 's the real link Blue diamond glows orange
edit on 9/9/2011 by MrsBlonde because: clarify link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join