It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music of the Soul, Imagination and Creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This song is Full Sail by Ryan Farish from his album "Beautiful

I always use a technique of mine, that I haven't learned from anybody so i
don't know what to call it.. But I listen to the music and from listening to it
a scene creates itself or a scenario in my mind based off of what the sounds remind you of.
I try not to think or create these scenarios myself, i tend to let the music
bring it up naturally which probably sounds weird and hard to understand.
But try it yourself and maybe you can see what im talking about. Below the video
are my steps to do this.

Embedded wont work so you can visit direct link here
Full Sail by Ryan Farish

First Step - close your eyes, and focus all your attention to the music.
No thoughts just completely focus on breathing and the music.

Second Step - Feel the emotions the music draws out.
Don;t think about the emotions just feel them.

Third Step - Soon you'll start to imagine something that the sounds remind you of.
From there continue to let your mind drift and continue what your reminded of.
Sometimes your not even reminded of anything, its just created. A short film in your head
that you've never thought of before until you've heard this music.

About My Creation from this Song

This song created a scene in my mind which is still embedded perfectly in my thoughts from
when i first created it.

The scene: It's bright and sunny, the weather is warm but dry wind blowing with a heavy breeze. A view looking down on to a mountain, i am seeing myself being led through these woods by several tribe members,
almost like i was accepted as one of them for doing something that helped there people(don;t ask me what its just what i felt)

I then went to first person view, seeing these half naked tribe members lead me through these woods, with happy emotions. for some reason it felt as if we we're going to a party, a ceremony of the tribe that was spiritually important to them. We got to the edge of this mountain, more of a cliff with a flat side to it,
and i looked down to see this ceremony had begun, it looked almost like Bugs Life when they we're celebrating at the end, and Flick and his new bug friends we're flying down to greet the aunts.

Then i heard the chanting come in (You'll hear it in the song) then immediately jumped (not literally) more of a blink. And then I was walking through the crowd of over a thousand tribe members at the bottom of this beautiful valley i was just looking down at, the center was more empty, like a concert. I could see children, woman, singing along together in harmony. The celebration went on, then the flute part came in (you;ll know it when you hear it) I then imagined it being night time everyone was settling down, some tribe members dancing around this huge fire with feathers and headbands, i looked over to see almost avatar looking scene, A high chair that was illuminated by blue and green neon lights with a chief (or a priest) playing this flute, as he played the flute i could feel the intensity of the colors)

Then It went out. I notice when these scenes start to get to more abstract they almost become real.
Once i feel that realness I snap out of it, almost like snapping out of a lucid dream once you know your dreaming, its just to freaky for some to handle.

Feel free to share what you create in your mind, it may not work for some (or most).
I am a very music orientated person, also i am young so i have a very wild imagination (as my mom tells me),
so note that this might not work for you, don't complain if it doesn't
I have never heard of this before and im just sharing with you my knowledge about it.
ALSO: I wouldn't recommend using this technique on common music, (like lil wayne or beyonce lol)
I have only been able to do this with certain types of music, most with NO vocals or singing
The music I recommend is Reiki Music, Ambient, Trance, Meditation Music, Binureal Beats and this guy Ryan Farish

Thanks for listening, and creating. Enjoy the music.

edit on 7-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: video link added

edit on 7-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
While this sounds interessting it will not work for me with this particular song

because I find it rather boring ...but this is just me

thx for sharing anyways

The Blood of Cu Chulainn ...one of the most relaxing songs for me ...epic xD

and even more this one E.S. Posthumus - Nara
edit on 7-9-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnoyingOrangeX
While this sounds interessting it will not work for me with this particular song

because I find it rather boring ...but this is just me

thx for sharing anyways

The Blood of Cu Chulainn ...one of the most relaxing songs for me ...epic xD

and even more this one E.S. Posthumus - Nara
edit on 7-9-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

Haha I understand, Music that interest's you is a very important.
I find it hard to imagine a beautiful abstract scene while listening to crap like lady gaga.
Try it with something you enjoy and I promise you results. Thanks for the feedback

join