It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fight Is ON! – Ron Paul Slams Perry For Supporting Al Gore And Perry Retaliates

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion, making claims in a bubble, and generally being a classic troll. At least your good at something.

Now that I've addressed the garbage, I can move on.

KJ

Ya ya ya, same old response, anyone with an opposing viewpoint gets defacated on and called all kinds of names.

Believing your guy is winning when all the indicators point to the opposite direction is not real substance to any debate, it is just good old fasioned blind faith that the Ron Paul supporters express day in and day out.

The reallity of the situation is Ron Paul is putting up a good enough showing which matches his last attempt 4 years ago. This 10% ish following will entitle him a spot at a podium and if he wants he can run independant to get more podium time after the GOP primaries are over. He is just a spoiler (in the manner of Ross Perot) with the final question of interest being which side he siphons off more support from, the Dems or the Repubs.

He never capitalized on his position last time around to get any concessions so his runs for President will go down in history as nothing but interesting sideshows.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Anybody actually listening to this troll?

yea, didn't think so, not with that avatar...LOL.

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Ya ya ya, same old response, anyone with an opposing viewpoint gets defacated on and called all kinds of names.

Incorrect. I said what I said because it about as bald a truth as I could make it. I even reviewed all your posts before I said anything (so I read them all twice). I understand your point of view, but the way you are posting leads people (including myself) to conclude that you aren't serious and are interested in inciting people (which is called trolling, by definition).

This isn't meant to insult, but I've been fighting this sort of thing around here for a long time in the attempt to have reasonable conversations. But seriously, do you think people will take your opinion seriously with that avatar?

Believing your guy is winning when all the indicators point to the opposite direction is not real substance to any debate, it is just good old fashioned blind faith that the Ron Paul supporters express day in and day out.

I didn't say he was winning, so applying your views of a group onto anyone who disagrees with you is a good way to make up your mind before knowing.... well anything.

Did you even read the rest of what I wrote?

The reallity of the situation is Ron Paul is putting up a good enough showing which matches his last attempt 4 years ago. This 10% ish following will entitle him a spot at a podium and if he wants he can run independant to get more podium time after the GOP primaries are over. He is just a spoiler (in the manner of Ross Perot) with the final question of interest being which side he siphons off more support from, the Dems or the Repubs.

Well, first off Ross Perot wasn't a spoiler. It should say something to everyone that any independent candidate that gets 19% (even after dropping out and coming back) is dangerous. I doubt you'll ever see a non-R or D on the presidential ballot for a long time unless things get really bad in America.

Ron Paul also isn't a spoiler, since any Libertarian (of which I am one) would not vote for a single other person on that stage more often than not. Paul is the only reason I would vote Rep and there's a fair amount of Dems that are sick of that party too, so if anything he's adding people that would not otherwise be there or having the almost entirely disgusted Libertarian wing actually stick it out with the Republicans for a bit longer.

As to which side he takes more support from, it's hard to say. I'd normally say the more support anyone can take from either party's front runners is a good thing.

He never capitalized on his position last time around to get any concessions so his runs for President will go down in history as nothing but interesting sideshows.

Actually, his campaign is what spawned the tea party, literally. The grass roots went from his campaign directly into the tea party, but they have since been hijacked by those that scorned what Paul was saying back in 2007/2008 but now embrace it like they are original.

Perhaps he didn't capitalize then, but things are worse now and his never changing message is finally getting through.

I don't have a lot of hope that Ron will win because I don't believe in the knowledge and willingness to take the hard road for long term gain of the American people.

Peace
KJ

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join