It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new wikileaks Report, Shock and Horror, u.s. troops assassinated children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I hope you are right.....that sarcasm was being presented....however....to some it may not be.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

It is not an allegation, investigation took place, the same investigation refused in Libya to find out whether protesters were killed or armed gunmen, instead a full on assault started by US and its NATO gang.

Like they say, believe what ever fits your agenda, call everything else an allegation.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
I'll give it up.

Seriously, what do we have here ... we have an allegation found in a cable authored by Philip Alston, a UN official and thats about it. I am sure there will be a rush for a kangaroo court to round up the servicemen involved in this incident, but innocent unitl prove guilty is still a part of the UCMJ.

Whatever little confidence and respect you may personally have for the US armed forces as an institution I have even less for in the United Nations and all its functionaries. And as I have served in the US armed forces, I have a very level of respect for them.

Convince me with a trial not with some crude agitprop from the UK Gaurdian.

Remember Collateral Murder? Yea, things like that are what make me believe this is true. Also, I have friends that have completed 3 and 4 tours in Iraq and they say stuff like that goes on all the time. If you voice a concern about it, you get threats.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

So none of them will face charges of murder......

Have any veterans ever been charged with murder of Iraqis or Afghanis ?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Actually, if you say too much you are target practise while out on patrol....just like Tillman!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

What? Please elaborate!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

The Pat Tillman story ring a bell?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No it doesn't, link to the story if possible? It wouldn't surprise me terrible to find out our soldiers are fragging other soldiers like they did in Vietnam. Iraq is just another Vietnam. One day an Iraqi/North Vietnamese is just a civilian, then you kill his or her family and the next day they're Taliban/VC. This war has lasted as long as the Vietnam war already.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Was this an ordered assassination? Or some bad soldiers acting on their own?

Where's the 3rd option? "Business as Usual"

This is a daily occurrence. We've killed 1 million civilians in the past 8 years. That's 125,000 per year. 2,403 per week. 343 per day.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Unlike many, I will wait for an actual investigation and trial (if required) before passing judgement.

I will say this. My brothers and sisters get called "hero" alot. (thanks BTW)

But the second, a hint of dirt or bad behaviour rears its ugly head, then each and every serviceman and woman are thrown to the wolves with little regard to facts.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I can't visit the story.
To tell the truth I am afraid of what I might find. I will wait for it to be reported on our MSM where I can't possibly avoid the story and there I know it will be softened and presented in a way that is palatable and not too hard on the eyes. Afterward MSM will show an uplifting and inspirational spot of a brave soldier sacrificing for my freedom and THAT will be the last thing I remember...fortunately so I can at least get some sleep tonight. Otherwise maybe not so much.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
While all you bleeding-heart liberals are getting outraged , islamicism of the western world is underway.

Somebody gotta kill these future islamofascist/terrorists, unless you want them to outbreed us.

Nazi Germany anyone?

edit on 7-9-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

Yes! And what NAZI Germany did to the Jews, is exactly what YOU want to do with Islam.

Wake up - those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

they get called alot of names on here and alot of things are said about them most be people who have never served a day in their life.

aint the internet great man they hide behind their anonimity and trash talk with impunity pretty sad and disgusting the number of threads here on this site that have only one goal.

to call the us military rapists and murdering baby killers

i honestly cant stand people like them.

meh

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Originally posted by Ghost375
Was this an ordered assassination? Or some bad soldiers acting on their own?

Where's the 3rd option? "Business as Usual"

This is a daily occurrence. We've killed 1 million civilians in the past 8 years. That's 125,000 per year. 2,403 per week. 343 per day.

I was just about to post those numbers, appalling, isn't it? That's an Iraqi dying ever 4 - 5 minutes for the last 8 years. As per the Opinion Research Business survey, from March 2003 to August 2007, they say 1,033,000 deaths were a direct result of the conflict. That was only the space of 4.5 years. So I think its safe to say 1 million innocents dead over 8 years is possibly a very conservative number. We've only lost around 6600 soldiers, so subtracting our deaths from that total is hardly going to matter.

Ok, here is where I sense we're being lied to on a daily basis concerning the actual insurgents killed vs innocent civilians. Remember the Vietnam war? Most of weren't alive, but we've seen the documentaries and interviews with vets. There was a saying the officers and soldiers used ''If he's dead and Vietnamese, he's VC." A soldier sees a woman looking at him, he gets nervous and kills her. Does he and his commanding officer employ the infamous Veitnam War approach - "Its a dead Iraqi, therefore, a terrorist."?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I voted for Obama so he would end the war. His first attack was a house full of children, followed by another. This cable never got sent.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't like lumping all armed forces members into one group to be hated on, it's not fair. That being said, there are some really psychotic soldiers that'll do just about anything with little or no encouragement I'm sure.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I don't like lumping all armed forces members into one group to be hated on, it's not fair. That being said, there are some really psychotic soldiers that'll do just about anything with little or no encouragement I'm sure.

Peace

That's why I don't think all civilians are screaming jackwagons either. Even though there are some psycho nutweasels that kill just for sport.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Not sure of the outcome of the investigation, but people like the OP, Murtha, Franks, and the women from California will hang our men out to die if an INSURGENT claims a "crime".

They use that to their advantage and it works. Do some actual research aside from youtube, wikileaks and everything else on your desktop or favorites folder.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
unless cnn, cbs, etc. don't want to ride around in humvees and tanks when america invades the next foreign country, filming the floor for 8 hrs, they'll never criticize the military or publicly air it's war crimes.

that's what happens when our new sources sell out and embed with the people they are charged with keeping in check.

if 60 mins has sold out.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
wow, no evidence at all?

lots of bs being spouted.

ya, we blew it all up, lol!

the perfect crime! right wiki assange.

Assange / Wikileaks released the info. They didn't author it! So why knock Wikileaks ? Many News agencies state Wikileaks is the best thing since the FOIA .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join