It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antibiotics kill gut flora for life, even in the unborn.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
healthfreedoms.org...

The article states that any use of antibiotics can disrupt our normal gut biota. It goes further to point out that it extends to children as the mother can't pass on what she doesn't have. This phenomena may be the reason there is such a large increase in asthma, obesity, diabetes and bowel disease. We just can't break down our food like we used to.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Or may be some people have just stopped eating natural food and opted for frankenfoods?

There are plenty of natural antibiotics - garlic etc. In any event I do not believe the report as the gut flora can be replaced, and it was only a week or two ago that a report came out saying the appendix far from being vestigial and not used was actually the archive of gut flora used to replenish the system after illness.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

This is very interesting i wrote a thread that talks about viruses and how they have been helpful to the human species yet no body will reply to. wouldn't you have to eat or drink antibiotics though? I wonder if all dish washing soap and dish cleaning detergent for dish washers are considered Antibiotic maybe trace amounts are ending up in dishes and cups?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
fast cure to the deal is find some good dirt and have a feed .....ps ...just like yellow snow,avoid all dirt that will not grow weeds ...imo....peace

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Oh wonderful antibiotics blah. I only take meds if absolutely needed and try to let my body naturally take care of what ever is going on. This includes not taking tylenol for fevers unless it's really high and dangerous. It drives me crazy to see people doping up there kids for a fever of 99.0 when your body can handle it. There is also a lot of natural Remedies for things. One of my favorites for my kids is when they have an earache. I cut an onion in half and heat it up in the microwave with in 5 mins. the earache is gone another is using honey on small cuts and scrapes. The onion has something to do with the heat and the sulfur in it and the honey is a natural antibiotic and prevents bacteria from growing . If i do have to take antibiotics for something I make sure i take pro antibiotics to help replace all the good stuff being destroyed!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Why didn't this website use sources so that I could verify the data myself? Hmmmmm......Where is the proof or is this all speculation based off of??

From what I have learned, (seen with my own eyes as a nurse) YES antibiotics are horrible for the digestive system, but can be counteracted by giving lactinex, yogurt or culturelle while taking them. Over use of antibiotics IS causing more of a problem by creating SuperBugs, such as C-Diff and MRSA and MDRO in older folks with UTIs. etc.....

I believe the true cause of our digestive problems stems from our diets! Lets face it, if you don't eat healthy, your colon wont be healthy, and your immune system weakens....Once your normal flora is killed off though, it CAN be rebuilt.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77
Oh wonderful antibiotics blah. I only take meds if absolutely needed and try to let my body naturally take care of what ever is going on. This includes not taking tylenol for fevers unless it's really high and dangerous. It drives me crazy to see people doping up there kids for a fever of 99.0 when your body can handle it. There is also a lot of natural Remedies for things. One of my favorites for my kids is when they have an earache. I cut an onion in half and heat it up in the microwave with in 5 mins. the earache is gone another is using honey on small cuts and scrapes. The onion has something to do with the heat and the sulfur in it and the honey is a natural antibiotic and prevents bacteria from growing . If i do have to take antibiotics for something I make sure i take pro antibiotics to help replace all the good stuff being destroyed!

yeah, i never take that stuff unless it is totally necessary. can't remember the last time i had to take some.

i use ibuprofen when needed.

my wife is big on chinese medicine, i'm not even crazy about that, either.

if one does take heavy anti-bio's eat some good yoghurt after for a couple days, if it is not already in your diet.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I one for one will never take antibiotics and haven't in probably 15+ years. I have an 88yo aunt that owns a holistic health food/vitamin company that manufactures and distributes holistic suppliments and supplies and she warned me long ago of the dangers of modern pharmacopia. She is in perfect health and still works 50-60 hours a week doing research and product design and appears to be around 60.

Myself I eat 2 gloves of garlic a day that I soak in pickle juice to prevent the odor, and if I get a cold or flu which is extremely rare, I take a mega dose of garlic and within 24hrs I am back to normal. She told me years ago of the health benefits and antibacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal effects of garlic and it has proven true.

As I understand it antibiotics do not discriminate as to which bacterium they kill and wreak havok on the good bacteria in your body therefore making you more suceptable to illness an disease. She also told me to eat foods that keep your body's ph from becoming acidic as once it does your body becomes a breeding ground for all kinds of bacteria and viruses. I figure she must know what she is talking about given her state of health at 88 years old.

It is more than apparent as to why big pharma doesn't want to cure people, they would be putting themselves out of a job. It is truly sad that we live in a world where the all mighty dollar means more than a person's life but I guess that is what happens when people are full of greed and corruption.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Normal intestinal flora can easily be returned to normal in most cases after any antibiotic therapy.
There are cases where someone who is compromised, such as aids, diabetes, or cancer can sustain a systemic infection from the use of antibiotics but that generally happens only to those who are compromised. The most frequent infection that results from their use will kill off normal flora (gut bugs) in the bowls causing an imbalance of the intestines. If you have ever heard of Thrush (candidiasis) from Candida Albicans is the most common.
once you stop taking antibiotics the intestines immediately begin a recovery. If it is to slow lactic acid can be taken which allows the bacterium to grow more rapidly in the intestines returning them to that delicate balance.
this is not a Permanent condition. It usually only takes two or three days to get back to normal once the antibiotics are stopped. I read the linked page. I was less than impressed:
Suffice it to say, if you kill off normal flora in your intestines, they can be replaced and usually very easily. Generally the body does it by itself, but a little buttermilk doesn't hurt.(cultured high in lactic acid)
On the other hand. If you have a serious infection for which antibiotics are needed and you load up on garlic, you will get sicker, and have some very bad breath. Only your undertaker will know for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

your neurotransmitters are also made in the gut

could explain depression /anxiety autism, you name it

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I listened to some science show few weeks ago and the guy said something like this:
"Gut (and not only gut) bacterial cultures are much more complex then we thought earlier. Only now, when we have potential for genetic testing, we can see how many strains are living inside us because earlier we were dependent on cultivating samples: that is very limiting because most of bacterial strains die fast in non-gut environment.
There are probably thousands of bacterial strains participating on gut work. Every human have specific mix of strains - in fact it is possible to use pattern of this mix as fingerprint in forensic medicine. When antibiotics are applied, it can take 4 years to grow up new (not identical) symbiotic mix to full richness.
It also start to be clear that our bacterial symbionts affect many aspects of our live from digestion to mood or psyche in general. There are proved links between bacterial symbiont and endocrine systems."

It was radio show in Czech language so no links but I remember it pretty well, because it was very interesting.

After 10+ years I was forced to take antibiotics because of Lyme borreliosis. From day 2 I'm farting nonstop! Now I'm happy that I live alone and work from my home.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Its because we eat crap ALL the time. Try eating some Veggies and Fruits. Processed food only hurts.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad2

I wish that show would have been in English, I would have loved to hear it. Thank you for passing along the info the best you could.

top topics

join