It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LROC Explores the Apollo 17 Landing Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I posted some stills of this in an earlier thread about the Lunar program not being a hoax but found this video

enjoy.

edit on 6-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
wow looks like all the original lines and stuff from the rovers and people walking are still there. nice vid.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

I also like the SELENE terrain map that positioned a point of view at astronaut eye level to compare with an Apollo 15 photo and the terrain matched up perfectly. Not sure some here can understand the significance of that, even explained in layman terms.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

Glad you liked it. It was about time this vid showed up. The noice from the moon landing hoaxers started to get really loud.
edit on 7-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Awesome!!! Love it. Thanx man.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Sorry to be off topic but I thought you were Slayer for a second, isnt that his avatar? Slayer is the member with the epic ancient civilization threads.....sorry again

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Apollo 17 Landing site
The person who spots the Moon Rover in this image (and I dont mean that thing over to the right that they labelled LRV) can win a jellybean

Why would it be left right over there? If you have been driving around in a vehicle and walking in your space suit is a real drag, are you going to leave it off to the side somewhere and then walk back to the Lunar Module? No, not likely.

Human nature automatically drives the vehicle up to the LM and then hops in and takes off back to Earth.

Plant the seed into our minds and most people will believe it

In one image of the Apollo 17 landing site, the last tracks left by astronauts Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt on the moon are visible. The crisscrossing footprints can be easily distinguished from the tracks left by the astronauts' lunar rover.

And, since Robinson is well aware of what the lunar rovers look like, he said he "can actually see, if you squint really hard – can begin to resolve the seats and the left wheels that are slightly turned to the left."

And I can almost smell the leather on the seats too!

Some of those tracks look as if a drunk has been walking around on the Moon. Why walk so far when you have the rover? I just dont understand these footprints at all. In my mind, I see them hopping - rather like the first TV images showed them doing, but the footprint tracks here suggest they are shuffling in the dirt.

The image of the Rover they give us includes the dimensions of the wheel-to-wheel distance front-to-back of 90 inches, thats just under 8 feet? and I reckon the width is about 6 feet, now are those rover tracks made by that LRV thing I wonder? Possibly I suppose.

I have a theory on Mars that the Spirit Rover has been dismantled, and I wonder if this is what we are seeing here - that the LRV has mainly been taken to pieces. Way out there on the edge? maybe...but sometimes hunches prove correct.

top topics

join