It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Perspective On Life... I think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A whole lot of what ifs.

What if information is all there is?

What if I am not real except for my information of me being real?

What if my brain interprets this informational existence as being something other than just information in some sort of confusion? That would explain the maze-like structure of the brain.

What if the totality of information in this universe is accessible, but my brain doesn't allow me to access it?

What if when we die, we become pure information, memory included, and we no longer have a brain to limit our access to the universe of information?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Those questions no one but you can answer. I could easily answer them, but each and everyone has their own preception on life, those questions are based on preception.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I meant to post this in philosophy and metaphysics

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

An acorn is the oak tree enfolded into information. You were the same before the sperm and egg came together. The body is a placenta and the earth is a womb. You can gain union with God by loving Him and others. Read Luke 10 and John 3.

LINK

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ok, I'll play hypothetical.

If that were how things are, what difference does it make to things not being like that?

How would we, after we die, still be interpreting(even more) information, without our 'interpreters'(brains)? If we can interpret without any of our physical parts, why do we need those parts to interpret while we're alive?

And, what would cause said information system? If everything is information and interpreters, why? Are we in the Matrix?

What reason is there to believe that we're in a information model, over the common belief that we're in a physical model?
~
You'd need to flesh your ideas out more before they'd be found believable by others. Those questions I think are critical ones to let be answered.

new topics

top topics

join