It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Optical illusion makes UFO trick with cloud formations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This may be the wrong forum not sure?

It was posted on youtube 5/9-2011 with the following text.

Invisible Cloaked Giant MotherShip UFO Hovering Time Lapse.
Is this a huge cloaked ship using some type of meta-material?

This video clip got some realy weird cloud movement especially from 7-12 seconds, is this a trick or a weather phenomen or what?

edit on 6-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's time lapse video of an airplane contrail taken with a concave lens making it appear to look curved. Look at the land features. They curve in the same fashion... It's weather at high speed, that is all...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

That actually sound like a very plausible explanation, thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It is too easy to pass something off as paranormal or alien to those that have no understanding of the natural mechanics at work whether optical or environmental.

Optical illusions such as playing with forced scale, forced focusing (tilt and shift photography - focal plane manipulation - fake minitures) and lense shapes.

Familiarise yourself with nature mechanics (clouds) and optical manipulation (photography).

I acutally take pictures of "out of the ordinary" occurances in clouds, such as lenticular cloud formations and sunset lighting. It look so awesome, because nobody actively looks for them and when they see it, they go wow its unnatural.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
First of all 'if' it were an AVC, it is far too small to be considered a Mother ship. Other than that I have no explaination as to the anomoly. Interesting footage.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
people who want to believe will be here shortly... This thread will go 7 pages atleast...

"roar its the reptillians using cloaking technology..
I never saw a reptilian or any alien, and their ship but it must be that!"

"anybody who disagrees is a troll....."
edit on 6-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

why is the ring appearing at one time ? as a trail it should first appear on one side and then move to the other.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

It's not coincidental that both the curve of the landscape and the curve of the cloud are close to the same.
I agree with trek up there.

However I don't think it's a contrail, rather they are clouds.
edit on 6-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Because it's time lapse photography. We have no way of knowing what the interval was between frames.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir
It was posted on youtube 5/9-2011 with the following text.

Invisible Cloaked Giant MotherShip UFO Hovering Time Lapse.
Is this a huge cloaked ship using some type of meta-material?

Yes, but the video was originally posted years earlier with a somewhat different title and description...

See:

where the video was posted on the day it was filmed (14 October 2006) and accompanied by the following text:

Ice crystals within the clouds mirror the sunlight to a circle of light. This phenomenon is called parhelic circle. It is a rare phenomenon. The video is strange, but real. Taken on Oct/14/2006 in Oklahoma/USA.

Anyone interested in further details may be able to get them from the person that uploaded that copy of the video in 2006.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Because it's time lapse photography. We have no way of knowing what the interval was between frames.

Except for the clock in the bottom

It has minutes, and appears to have seconds too which would indicate continues footage. I think this would disprove your contrail theory.

The "contrail" also forms from the center of the arc, and disperses toward either end, lending less credibility to your theory as that is not how a contrail would form.

I have no explanation for what is occurring, but I don't think it's a contrail.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I agree, it is a parhelic circle.

en.wikipedia.org...

Either this is a case of someone trying to get website traffic by luring people in with fake UFO videos. Or another case were a UFO fanatic is trying to convert gullible people to their religion. Or it's just a straight hoax. Either way, it is deception.
edit on 6-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

and once again your intellect is shown to be most impressive, I must say ,old chap, you have quite an attention to detail and nuance. Virtually everything Ive read of yours has been simply brilliant. Well done sir, well done!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

From what was told to me its probably dark force that hasn’t been discovered yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by scojak

It has minutes, and appears to have seconds too which would indicate continues footage. I think this would disprove your contrail theory.

You do realize that is the youtube video timer, right? Please tell me that you know this and were kidding... If not, you REALLY need to educate yourself on how internet stuff works...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Different video. The vid in the OP has trees that are leafless... Your vid has leaves in the trees. But closer examination of the original video seems to show a trick of the lens not a contrail, but BOTH videos were shot with a concave lens and not a regular lens...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I suspect a parhelic circle.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Different video. The vid in the OP has trees that are leafless... Your vid has leaves in the trees. But closer examination of the original video seems to show a trick of the lens not a contrail, but BOTH videos were shot with a concave lens and not a regular lens...
Good eye to notice the leaves.

However it looks like both videos were probably made by the same photographer in a similar (perhaps not exact, but close) location, just at different times of the year, and they do show the same effect.

So even though it's not the exact same video as you pointed out, it's close enough, and Isaac was right about the cause of the effect being a refraction of sunlight in ice crystals.

But closer examination of the original video seems to show a trick of the lens not a contrail
It's nice to see you can admit you were wrong about the contrail.

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I agree, it is a parhelic circle.

en.wikipedia.org...
correct.

Either way, it is deception.
That youtube uploader has another video posted about elenin the spacecraft so if he really believes that's what it is even though it moves like a rock instead of a spacecraft, I'd say he's a few french fries short of a happy meal.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by scojak

You do realize that is the youtube video timer, right? Please tell me that you know this and were kidding... If not, you REALLY need to educate yourself on how internet stuff works...

You do realize there is a timer in the actual video, right? Please tell me that you know this and were kidding... if not, you REALLY need to educate yourself on how to watch a youtube video without the youtube video timer...

BTW, it's in the bottom right corner, and ticking reeeeeallly fast.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Different video. The vid in the OP has trees that are leafless... Your vid has leaves in the trees.

Looking again the two videos with your point about the leaves in mind, you are clearly right.

I still wonder if the two videos are - due to the similarities - by the same person and/or of the same thing (i.e. a parhelic circle).
edit on 7-9-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join