It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't people saving the starving?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There are people in this world who could save the starving.

Why aren't they?

A MESSAGE TO ALL YOU SUPER-RICH PEOPLE:

SAVE THE STARVING OR BE DAMNED!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The same reason why half of America is fat, the ones who should care don't. And the ones who don't care do.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Considering that most of the "poor" in our country have it good compared to the rest of the world, why aren't they contributing either? I have no real respect for anyone who is so wrapped up in themselves that they don't help.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I would help in a heart beat, but I have been ripped off to many times.

Why donate 1000K "or whatever amount" when you know that more than half of it will never go towards the starving people.

I hate people that are involved in corruption and stealing, as it was not for them, the world would be a much happier place with no-one starving.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It's because the greedy west needs all this excess food to fill up our landfill sites..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The west gives huge amounts of food aid to the developing world :www.fas.org...
A more suitable title would be 'why does the third world rely so heavily on western
aid, and seem incapable of building basic agricultural infrastructure, and irrigation techniques.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Even if a child gave one dollar, and an adult gave two dollars - that would help.

I cannot believe that we are letting millions die of starvation.

I give $10 a month to Save the Children - not much, but something.

I challenge all ATS members to contribute to save the starving.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I would, but as I stated - How much of that goes towards corruption and greed?

Is it not enough that I already pay a massive amount of TAX and VAT on almost everything.

Its not up to the average person to help here, but rather up to the leaders of this world to solve these issues, and if they cannot solve it, then its up to the people of the world to question the way that the leaders are running this world.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
20% of humans consume 80% of the worlds products
80% of humans are left with the rest....

Dont ask why we dont do anything, when i bet ur refrdgeratior and pantry are stocked with food and junk..
Your trash can consumes as much food as you do!!!!!

HELP YOURSELF,
THEN HELP A FRIEND,
ASK THEM TO HELP A FRIEND...

GET THE PICTURE??? The world could be changed by a very few!!!! overtime of course. there is no instant fix we are to far from whats right.

If you do something great today it shapes tommorrow...
If you do something horrible today it still shapes tommorrow...

If you knew today was your last day alive what would you do?????? REALLY???? think about it...
NOW WHAT THE # IS STOPPING YOU???????

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
There's a couple of research farms out here that are trying to open source plans for solar energy from scrap metal. They want your money AND your time. It's about teaching a man to fish, not feeding him 1 meal and forgetting him.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

It is kind of like this:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I don't think money has anything to do with it, so rich people giving more isn't going to make a bit of difference. There was a story related in 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman' that is telling for how easily Western nations COULD make a difference and Government isn't necessarily required. For a millions apparently, a basic no frills well for potable water could be dropped in African villages all over the place in a matter of a year or two. That would do more to feed and give decent health to people over there than anything else. How the story was related though, every agency or group that came in to look was full of elaborate plans for piping and sewage and indoor water flow with pressue, which never actually turn into a real world project.....when just a single, simple water well running a solar backed power system would give the people more than they've ever had in their lives.

I think we'd all give pretty freely if we knew the simple, logical and intelligent solutions were being DONE with it....not fancy plans and ideas where nothing ever really changes anywhere. Just my thoughts as I pass through to bed.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Whatever the reason, it just shows that humans are disgusting and should not have been created.

Look at all the warfare on this planet as well. Humans do not care about anyone's welfare, or any creature's or plant's.

And humans do not care about this beautiful planet.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I understand how you feel, but Human Beings have the potential to be something Godlike...

We are a kind of great compassion, and we do beautiful and aspiring things all the time...

the problem is the universe balanceing itself. Ying Yang

For everything Good there must be Evil...

We will be the demise of our own race, thats what Human Beings will be mainly known for.

new topics

top topics

join