It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Force Protection Level Bravo in effect.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Seen this at the base gate today. FPCON alert ( Bravo in effect ) . Is this because of the recent capture of an Al-Qaeda leader ? Everyone in the media just mentions almost per word off the HLS site " As 9/11 approaches" but no mention of the FPCON Level unless your there at US Military base where it's big rolling letter on digital board the size of car at the gate. I'm not freaking out , but seems kind of strange that most gov agencies only mention a heightend level , but not the level itself.

Al Qaeda Members, Including Top Operative Arrested

Fort Gordon raises security level

From News station

With the 10th anniversary of 9/11 approaching, they have put a heightened level of Force Protection into effect starting Monday.

Everyone is covering Obama , but no mention of the FPCON on the HLS site, or the Northern Command that i have found, may it someplace buried on that site.

From HLS , if this is the warning for the United States, HLS needs to be more specific it looks like a general statement.

While there is no specific or credible intelligence that al-Qa'ida or its affiliates are plotting attacks in the United States to coincide with the ten year anniversary of 9/11, we remain at a heightened state of vigilance and security measures are in place to detect and prevent plots against the United States should they emerge.

And here is the FPCON

FPCON BRAVO describes a situation with somewhat predictable terrorist threat. Security measures taken by agency personnel may affect the activities of local law enforcement and the general public.

edit on 5-9-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's mostly been Bravo since 9/11.

Ops normal.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
FPCON Bravo does not really mean much other then "We think something might happen but really do not know where, how, when, or even IF something will happen. We think its better to be safe." Start to worry when Charlie or Delta is in effect. State side it is rare for Bravo to be put in action but It did happen when Osama was killed just to be safe. Over seas bases have been on Bravo since 9/11 so nothing new there.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I know , but what ticked me off was a police office pulled up to my car with his spot lights all over it at a family park. after I came off base today. I walk over. ask him why the spot light.? his answer FPCON Bravo. showed him my military ID. then told me have good night sir. So this is what Bravo really is . shake down the public ?

edit on 5-9-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Now the Al-Quada are like the Mexican drug cartels. There are the ones we are running and then there are the ones that are working independently. In Libya they are put in charge of the government and in Pakistan they are put In Libya they kill for the US and in Pakistan they kill people from the US. After all the CIA can't have someone threatening to take over their territory.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
One thing I always noticed about the military.

When the military wants their people alert and on their toes, they tend to over dramatize the situation. It is a method to normalize things so that training blends with reality. This does not mean that the upgrade in degree does not signify something, however.

As it may be, the condition does not translate to anything specific for civilians. These conditions only affect military personnel and each condition carries certain standing orders that relates to operating procedures and protocols that are in place regarding the situation.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just wondering why Gov agencies are kind of lacking in the Alert department for the U.S. the local police seem to take it more seriously these days. Well the local police ticked me off, So their doing their job well.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Yeah that seems a bit overkill.

Probably a boot MP

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ya Bluecoat2 did say that the treaty was nul yesterday

and D4rd Knight warning, Ya think are getting interesting for sure

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
D4rk Knight was a fraud you know.