It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep meaning full samples required for a deep and meaning full mix.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi guys

I have been stuck in a rut with my mixing, lately i have just done a DnB mix, which sounded ok, but my issue is that i cannot express the way i am feeling through the medium of DnB, Dubstep, and the such.

But, recently i have started to mix minimal, now, im not asking for your opinions on this type of music, but, as for my mixing style it fits perfect, the tunes have breaks big enough for me to be able too drop in vocal samples from films etc and turn them into loops, add effects and the such.

I.e, the tune starts to break down, i then drop in the sample from the matrix about the pills, then the tune drops again.

I have some david lynch stuff also to drop into my mix. But i would like some assistance from you guys, i,e any speeches which are about the world today, or philosophy, you know, David icke, Eckhart, and from films kinda stuff.

If you could post the videos or audio clips on here it would be extremely appreciated!!

Jah bless!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubninja

Explore classical music, that was the music of the "gods" .. Learn music theory.. Play with numbers and patterns...
Listen to Rock.. Listen to Jazz.. Listen to Binaural Sounds.. Mimic all this. Explore yourself.

Explore genres. I'm a musician. the problem with many musicians is that they're soo fixated on a "style" that they quickly run out of creativity.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by heavenlysouldier

I appreciate all kinds of music, please do not take this the wrong way, but i do not need enlightening about music, if you get me, I understand that classical music is something that has a deeper meaning than most of the music that is around at the moment (well, most), ive listened to metal, old skool rock, hardcore metal, hip hop, rhumba, salsa, urban latino, trip hop, breaks, electro, house, progressive house, DnB (which is my heart and soul), Dubstep, Techno, trance, psy trance, electro trance, hard style, gabba, classical, reggae, reggae dub, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

the list could go on

but i have found the one style that i am able to let my creativity flow and i am able to express myself, and as i stated in my Thread, i am after samples, snippets if you will, of vocals etc that will, hopefully take people away on my journey that i have created via the medium of DJing and sampling.

jah bless, music is life and life is music!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heavenlysouldier

oh, and as for binural sounds, i am trying to implement the solfeggio frequencies and the such also.

Seeing people getting whisked away by the tunes and sounds that i am playing is the best feeling ever, it gives people a chance to escape from the daily grind of life.

Jah bless

top topics

join