It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumping Obama, and the reality of the Left/Right Paradigm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is the first mainstream indication that Barack Obama should be dumped from the democratic ticket of 2012.

www.salon.com.../politics/war_room/2011/09/04/favoritesonsanddaughters

“From the debt ceiling fiasco to the recent rescheduling of a jobs speech at the behest of Speaker Boehner, it has not been a good summer for President Obama. Like Chinese water torture, Gallup's daily tracking poll has shown a steady and unrelenting drip of bad news. He has been in and out of the high 30s for his approval, and in the low to mid-50s for his disapproval.”

This excellent op-ed may be the first of many to follow calling for Obama to be dumped

No one, not even the president's defenders, expect his coming jobs speech to mean anything. When the president spoke during a recent market swoon, the market dropped another 100 points. Democrats may soon have to confront an uncomfortable truth, and ask whether Obama is a suitable choice at the top of the ticket in 2012. They may then have to ask themselves if there's any way they can push him off the top of the ticket.

Indeed, it seems that Obama did a slick thing by putting old Hillary in as Secretary of State, for certainly if not, she would have led the fight to dump Obama the quisling in 2012. Perhaps the democrats will somehow get the courage to replace Obama with a true progressive who wont bend over at every turn to the enemy of the people, the GOP and Tea party.

Obama has ruined the Democratic Party. The 2010 wipeout was an electoral catastrophe so bad you'd have to go back to 1894 to find comparable losses. From 2008 to 2010, according to Gallup, the fastest growing demographic party label was former Democrat. Obama took over the party in 2008 with 36 percent of Americans considering themselves Democrats. Within just two years, that number had dropped to 31 percent, which tied a 22-year low

Now let’s briefly examine the related issue in this OP

THE LEFT/RIGHT PARADIGM

From a mainstream progressive political perspective Obama has been and is a disaster.
He won’t even fight for the small crumbs that the elite throw at us from their table of grace. These small crumbs represent what the ordinary people fight for in the left/right political paradigm. These crumbs though are important because they determine whether some of us will live or die, such as have a slave job in the system or not, or whether we have food or not, or have a car or not, or health care or not.

However, some on this forum and other places marginalize what they pejoratively refer to as: THE LEFT/ RIGHT PARADIGM, eventhough it does affect peoples lives on life and death issues; therefore it has a great degree of reality.

Let me explain . . .

Indeed Obama is a NWO puppet, BUT WHAT PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN THE GLOBALIST AGENDA never understand is that the elite has given us over to these factions—the left and right on the political spectrum—to play with; with the reality that the right side of the spectrum will starve you to death and kill you, but the left side, however still they are into the globalist agenda, will nevertheless at least let you live, somewhat.

This is a clear observable fact of life, no matter how much the brainwashed hate “liberals” and castigaters of the THE LEFT/RIGHT PARADIGM have to say . . . .The fact of the matter is that this left/right paradigm is of vital importance IN TERMS OF THE WELL-BEING OF PEOPLES LIVES.

For example, it has been proven that when conservatives are in power, that is those on the “right” side of the LEFT/ RIGHT PARADIGM are in office, suicides go up:

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.newscientist.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

This is a clear indication of the difference in the two elements of the LEFT/RIGHT PARADIGM.

When and if we peons finally overthrow the elite globalists and take power of our own lives then and only then will the LEFT / RIGHT PARADIGM be of little meaning

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Thanks.. I appreciate the info etc.. But there is one thing I keep repeating, The Electronic Ballot System has to go before we can trust the count again. thx

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's simple

One party will screw you hard and fast, take your wallet and leave you wondering what hit you in the morning.

The other will screw you slowly and softly, lulling you to sleep until one day you wake up and you realize that your house has been ransacked.

The left/right paradigm in this country is like choosing a path on a fork in the road, but both roadS ultimately lead to the same destination: THE SOUP LINE

edit on 5-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Soup line? More like the cemetery!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfstev
Soup line? More like the cemetery!

Well, that depends on what they put in the soup

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

One of the things I love about ATS is that there's minimal left/right arguments. It's refreshing to see a great number of people recognize the fact that the left/right/R/D paradigm is a false one.

Now if people would just see that Ron Paul is a Republican in sheep's clothing...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I personally think that whoever runs against President Obama in the presidential race in 2012 will be the winner..no matter who it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

One of the things I love about ATS is that there's minimal left/right arguments. It's refreshing to see a great number of people recognize the fact that the left/right/R/D paradigm is a false one.

Agreed, but it's pretty hard to miss once you turn off the T.V., more specifically FOX

Now if people would just see that Ron Paul is a Republican in sheep's clothing...

Disagree! If you listen to Ron you will hear an honesty that we have not heard since the speeches of JFK. I mean it is like opening a window in a stuffy room. It is unmistakable if you actually do drop consideration of the left right paradigm.

You know, even though I am employed full time in a grocery store, I still fall below the National poverty level, but I won't go get Food Stamps/EBT. Why? Because Ron is right, we cannot afford the entitlements and wars and bailouts and Israel, and all the other crap we spend like fools on, all the while people at home are suffering. I don't understand what part of that does not make sense to you.

If you were correct in this last statement, the Republicans would not be doing the best they can to deny him coverage and a share of the spotlight, would they?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Although I have never supported Obama, he seems to be making even more mistakes which leaves me wondering what on Earth his reelection team is getting paid to accomplish. First and foremost, the man has no business campaigning at this point. The economy is in shambles, a second recession is on it's way (although I don't think, other than by technical definition, the first one ever ended), the jobs outlook is getting worse, article after article mentions the enormous amount of waste on wars (yes, some of which is Bush's fault, however he is not running for reelection and Obama has had 2+ years to straighten it out and has claimed to have "thoroughly"reviewed the war, it's direction, expenses, etc.). The best thing Obama can actually do at this point is run the country instead of traveling from state to state telling people what he'll do in his next fours years...acting as if the first four are 1. Over and 2. Somehow don't count due to the "terrible" state of the economy when he took office.

Somehow, Obama seems to want people to accept that despite the fact he was elected BECAUSE people knew what bad shape the country was in, it was somehow SO bad he couldn't accomplish or fix anything...yet. This is not a stance many voters will likely be pleased with.

The first year was spent on Healthcare reform, which now courts are ruling to be partially unconstitutional, which if that verdict is held will defund the entire program...making all that time and untold billions a waste. The second was spent largely on expanding military offensives and changing (supporting) the ousting of other countries' leaders. Yemen, Afghanistan surge, Pakistan, Egypt, Libya...and still with troops in Iraq. Guantanamo is still open for business and our troops are no closer to coming home.

Of course, he netted Bin Laden....but personally I can't imagine that that alone, especially considering the amount of US lives lost in the process and the trillions of dollars it took to accomplish will be enough to justify another four years.

Yes, there are other things he managed...DADT, unemployment extensions, and a few others. But I just don't think those are the bullet points. Rather, it comes down to pushing more war and killing Bin Laden. Unfortunately, unless he can get Healthcare reform definitively enacted prior to 2012, that alone, with the numbers that hate the whole idea to those that were hoping it would go into effect...would leave him falling short in the polls. He didn't please the nay-Sayers OR the pro-reformers.

Not to mention Cheney's recent "kind of sort of" endorsement of Hillary over Obama...the DNC surely has to be at least considering a new candidate.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Disagree completely. It may be a toss-up who the Republicans are irked by more: Palin or Ron Paul. Paul is dangerous to the GOP agenda because he does not subscribe to all of their endeavors, and makes no attempt to do so. Enemy number one of Ron Paul is the Federal Reserve and the GOP is not going to support an audit in my opinion. That issue alone is enough to keep him off the GOP ticket.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Kind of like whomever ran against a Republican in 2008 thanks to Bush. However, I do believe another Democrat would have a better chance in 2012 than a Republican had in 2008. Republicans are considered war happy and I believe most Americans would like to see an end in sight. Rather than the current expansions and open-ended military missions. Keep in mind, Libya was supposed to be a "couple of weeks" and didn't need Congress' approval because it's not a war. Meanwhile, it costs us $16 million per day and is still going strong. We may have removed most of our men, but it's still our shots being called, our weapons primarily, and of course, our money being spent.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Again you NWO guys are too black and white.
It is proven, as my example of the suicide rate going up in conservative governments, that the right side of the spectrum is much worst for ordinary people than the left side—that’s an existential fact!

Whether you want to remain in your dogmatic black and white perspective is up to you.
That’s all Alex Jones rhetoric, and that’s because he is a secret conservative and not really a foe to the globalists.

Check this guy out, he is on to the globalist but understands the economic reality of the danger of capitalism and how the NWO uses it to enslave us.
www.hermes-press.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You make some extremely good and valid points. Yes...all that money should stay right here state side...and go back into the Social Security account....which the federal government stole from.....and spent recklessly.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I think he is trying to get elected again and thinks his own base is an easy win.
He is a different man than campaigned for the Presidency and I would love to support someone else but Ron Paul wiping out the Fed, Medicare and SS in one fell swoop scares the heck out of me. I think some of the corporate loopholes, entitlements and tax breaks should go first and the military budget slashed second.
I wonder though if you put Jack the Ripper in there if anything would get slashed though in those areas. The powers that be will have you killed. Sometimes I think TPTB are manipulating Obama by sending private notes..."look we are going to let you live another few months if you do this this and this" and then he does and they want more. I think they have him by the shortys. This is why Hillary would have been a good choice. No balls to place in a vise and just enough obstinance and vitriol to buck 'em. Obama should step aside willingly and give her a shot at the helm.

edit on 5-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I agree Hillary would have been better.

Obama is a puppet and never developed any strong personality or beliefs, so he is an easy mark for the sharks in power behind the scenes.

If Obama ever goes against these sharks, the same kinds of people Kennedy messed with, they will crush him like a bug, as they did to Kennedy what they did

Even the GOP and tea party whips his but, so the real elite look at him as an eagle to a worm.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I personally think that whoever runs against President Obama in the presidential race in 2012 will be the winner..no matter who it is.

Even Bachman? God forbid!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I haven't watched TV news in years. Never once regretted it. Just noise.

If Ron Paul really wanted to make an impact, he would abandon the Republican party. Why does he continue to run as a Republican? Why continue to play by the party rules? Why not run as an independent or a Libertarian? For someone who is so opposed to the system, he certainly seems wedded to it.

Look, Paul is head and shoulders above the other clowns in the GOP field. That's clear. But why marginalize yourself by continuing to play by their rules? It seems counter-productive. Almost like he plays a role by stirring up the independent conservatives while remaining in a system that guarantees his failure. It makes no sense, unless you see him as a deliberate distraction placed there by the Republican power-structure. They know that when he loses the primary, that his followers will (predictably) just vote Republican anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Painting all conservative governments with the same brush is rather hypocritical in my opinion. Further, dying by one's own hand, ultimately a choice, is a far better situation than dying by starvation, forced vaccinations, lack of quality healthcare, lack of quality, healthy food, etc.

If we continue on the path we are on, regardless of whether a Republican or Democrat leads the way, we will not have enough money to support ourselves, only the collective. The problem then becomes that the amount of money coming in becomes stagnant, yet inflation continues. The government then tries to do more with less--god forbid we cut the military or weapons budgets in any meaningful amount--and this leads to lower quality food and lower quality healthcare. How do you think hormone injected food came to be? By trying to feed more people with the same or less resources. And we certainly know how that's turning out.

The answer you are looking for falls in the middle. The only way that is going to happen is if we demand it. People act as if we are helpless. We need to fight for our rights and what we want.

I guarantee you this: if an overwhelming majority of people, come the 2012 election, wrote in this candidate as his/her choice, I guarantee you Washington would take notice. So who is this candidate we should write in?

WE THE PEOPLE

It's time to take the country back and remind every single talking head out there who really runs this country. I know one vote we would get: the Constitution's!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Simple. Because the RNC has way more money than the independents and libertarians combined. No money, no win. I have been saying for years that campaigns should be capped and each candidate receives exactly the same amount to campaign.

new topics

top topics

join