It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Englands Antique Gangs.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Since the kids went crazy and looted the hell out of Miss Selfridge and other such shops,
It seems they have been hording, planning, waiting for round 2.....

These kids are cunning .... don't let your defences down!!!

Would seem they also don't watch the Antiques road show........

" Sky News can reveal how rioting gang members have stored away firearms ready for further disorder after the unrest in England last month.
Our exclusive investigation allowed Metropolitan Police detectives to seize a stash of five guns. The weapons were bundled up in a bin store in Brockley, southeast London.

Sky sources said they were concealed by gangs in anticipation of further clashes with officers.

The information came to us from an anonymous individual who felt they could not deal directly with the police.

But the person did have genuine concerns about what might happen if the gangs were given another opportunity to use the weapons.

Once we were told of the existence of this haul, we alerted detectives at the Metropolitan Police.

Their priority, and our own, was to recover the firearms as quickly as possible in case they were either moved or even used in a shooting.

Sheldon Thomas, Director Of Target Against Gangs

The location of the stash was revealed in a text sent to Sky on September 2. We do not know who sent it.

It read: "Guns in yellow and orange jd bag at st peters court wickham road brockley london se4, open the bin area at entrance, on left hand side, this is a black metal door, you will find in bin the guns within the bag, describe, the bin area has st peters court written above in big writing on sign, remember left hand side bin, st peters court are a small block of flats."

Within moments of the text messages arriving, we got back in touch with the Met Police detectives, who had a team of officers on standby to conduct the search.

Communication with the police can take many forms and on this occasion Sky News happened to be the facilitator for the information to reach us.

Detective Chief Inspector Theresa Breen, Met Police

Within an hour and a half, more than 30 officers were swarming around the flats in Brockley.

They had soon dragged the bin from behind the black door specified in the message. Moments later an officer found the orange and yellow bag.

Forensics officers were then brought in to record the find. Armed police officers were the next to arrive. They had the experience and expertise to examine the guns and make them safe.

Police discovered the guns in a bin

The guns were wrapped in three plastic bags. The green inner bag contained five weapons which were carefully removed. Among them were two flare guns, two old pistols and one revolver.

Detective Chief Inspector Theresa Breen told Sky News: "This is a hugely successful operation not just for the Metropolitan Police but for the community at large.

"A member of the community has felt confident enough to use Sky News to come to us with information that there were weapons somewhere within this area.

"I think that shows the community still has confidence in the police."

Text message indicating where the guns would be found

She added: "We will identify whether those weapons have been used in any crimes. If they have we will use that information to go out and identify those offenders, arrest those offenders and put them before the courts."

In all likelihood, the text message was sent from a pay-as-you-go mobile. Whoever sent it took a risk, but they also made their community that bit safer. "

news.sky.com...

A hugely successful operation using 30 officers, a forensic team and armed response officers.....

to recover 2 flint lock pistols once used by the scarlet pimpernel, what look like 2 flare guns and a revolver once used in the charge of the lightbrigade.......

They'd cause more damage throwing them at people....

if this is what Britain has to worry about .....

then what are we worried about??

edit on 5-9-2011 by truetrigger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
More spin from the Murdoch corporation I'm afraid..

Police regularly find weapons hidden.. It's not very smart for these guys who are known to the police to keep them in their houses..

Just to add.. After reading the op again.. I'm really not sure how this story can be connected to further riots??

And have to laugh at the statement.. A hugely succesfull operation involving 30 police...
it took 30 officers to retrieve 2 pistols that were hidden in a bin cupboard after a tip off... I'm glad to see my tax money is being well spent..
edit on 5/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by truetrigger

if this is what Britain has to worry about .....

then what are we worried about??

They are worried about the pauperisation of the lower classes.. the last time we went through said pauperisation there was mass unrest.. but from my perspective the pauperisation and underemployment is more akin to the issues faced in this country in 1800s and the riots that kicked off then (Luddites.. Swing and others riots/uprisings)

It is in my opinion the latter that they are most worried about.. which was why (again in my opinion) that Clegg tried to reassure the electors that a great reform akin to that of the 1830s was going to take place.. a move that might have brought them time..

But I can not see anything being implemented aside from spin that is moving us away from the path that leads to mass civil unrest.
edit on 5/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: context of response.. faceplam

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I've just seen this on sky news.

What struck me about it was how they showed someone coming by asking questions, seeming "agitated", who nevertheless didn't hang around for long.

After showing footage of Police finding the cache of antiques the report went on to say that an officer saw someone throw something from one of the flats. The Police then focused their efforts on finding the person who threw out, they claimed, a gun cartridge and a silencer, and arrested them for suspicion of possession of firearms (I'll check I've got that right and change if need be - ETA done!).

If you had such a cache, intended for use as the reports claim, would you stop by where there are 30+ police and a camera crew to ask questions, while visibly displaying your "agitation"?

Would you then throw away, in clear sight of the "authorities", any evidence which could link you to cache?

Either the person arrested is incredibly stupid, or MSM thinks we are!

I also found it quite funny that the guy reporting said that these "antiques" were typical of what young people on the lower rungs of these gangs would be dealing with. I wouldn't know, I'm not a gang member. But how would the reporter know either?!

The "News" is hilarious. Either that or it's tragic. You know, like, if I don't laugh I'm gonna cry....

edit on 5-9-2011 by Mouldilocks because: spelling

edit on 5-9-2011 by Mouldilocks because: clarity

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They were old flintlock guns I don't see how this is a big story at all, Guess being an american with access to real guns it just doesn't carry any weight with me. We have so many citizens with guns here its almost scary i have a few hunting rifles and shot guns i like to duck hunt and deer hunt some times I take for granted my freedoms I guess. I take it English people are not allowed to own hunting weapons either that's pretty sad

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by truetrigger

...to recover 2 flint lock pistols once used by the scarlet pimpernel...

You do know that the scarlt pimpernel is a fictional character right?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
They were old flintlock guns I don't see how this is a big story at all, Guess being an american with access to real guns it just doesn't carry any weight with me. We have so many citizens with guns here its almost scary i have a few hunting rifles and shot guns i like to duck hunt and deer hunt some times I take for granted my freedoms I guess. I take it English people are not allowed to own hunting weapons either that's pretty sad

no guns for the average brit i'm afraid unless you want to join the army as you need a license and to get one of those you need just cause and to jump through many hoops and thats before you get into the storing them in your own house needing a gun safe and having a limit on how much ammo you can have at any time (and they can take your license away for having too much ammo) and they can check up on your guns/ammo at any time

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

wow thats pretty sad what if ur country was invaded how would your people defend them selfs and family just dont seem right to me.

edit on 5-9-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If they all started looting again dressed like Adam Ant, I might view them in a better light.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mongomuggins

Originally posted by truetrigger

...to recover 2 flint lock pistols once used by the scarlet pimpernel...

You do know that the scarlt pimpernel is a fictional character right?

Hello,

Your response is sarcasm? If not, I think you missed truetrigger's sarcasm!

Either that or my take on this thread is totally skewed!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The guns in question
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c8df0f6e591.jpg[/atsimg]

No phased plasma rifle in the 40watt range

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mongomuggins

Yeah.... i am aware...
just as made up as the danger presented by the news report....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
If they all started looting again dressed like Adam Ant, I might view them in a better light.

that would be amazing!

As for the guns big whoop 5 museum pieces. theres plenty of guns on the black market in the uk, this is the problem with making guns ilegal then only the criminals have them. we need a reverse on the gun laws in this country. I mean they are seriously damaging to society, the people who wanted to put them in place were so selfish and irresponsible.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
The guns in question
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c8df0f6e591.jpg[/atsimg]

No phased plasma rifle in the 40watt range

nothing says gangsta like some ww2 memorabilia along with something from antiques roadshow

theres probably half of the american members of ats in need of oxygen laughing at the sight of those weapons and probably 30% of those members have more guns than that in their glove compartment

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

nothing says gangsta like some ww2 memorabilia along with something from antiques roadshow

Made me chuckle as it conjured up an image in my mind of a "soulja" holding one of these guns on the side with the other hand in the general groin region - only wearing well pressed trousers and a cardigan. Ha. Bit off topic....

Been wondering about this piece of "news" today, though. Sounds like some kind of predictive programming, getting us ready for round 2 of the riots by the mere suggestion of them.

I also wouldn't be too shocked to hear if they find more "evidence" supporting this possibility.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anyone remember Shameless when they had the gun amnesty *Shot for a shot*. Loads of people brought all sorts of guns in, but there was a hole in the table and everyone had them passed back, only to re-enter and do it all again for the free voddy. All the Police were chuffed thinking it was a success, but everyone just got legless and took their guns back home.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i don't know if i should laugh or cry. the fact that these are guns that "criminals" were supposedly going to use is rather laughable. ok the 2 flare guns would be great for starting fires, but flintlocks are you serious. forget about using these for crime they are more valuable to a collector then to use for crime. "ummmm....excuse me while i reload it will only take a minute".
not to mention that if they use a form of black powder it would be rather obvious where any shot came from due to the "smoke cloud" black powder arms create.

seriously you can't tell me that they don't have access to better more modern guns to use. i know where i am we also have rather useless strict gun control laws. it certainly hasn't stopped me from hearing pretty much daily gunfire for the last 10 or so years in different parts of the city where i have lived.

this brings me to a couple ideas of what it REALLY could be. could this be a stash of stolen merchandise that someone was waiting for any heat to cool down before selling. these are antiques after all and i would think at least the three guns are rather valuable.

alternately could this just be a "fake". possibly by the news agency or even someone outside the news agency just to create sensationalism, wanting to focus more attention on the problem of youth, or even someone setting up someone else for a fall. tho even then why use such valuable weapons?

something just doesn't feel right about this story.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
reply to post by Maxatoria

wow thats pretty sad what if ur country was invaded how would your people defend them selfs and family just dont seem right to me.

edit on 5-9-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

Isn;t it? and in order to secure a firearm for self defence,we are branded criminals!
your country has the right idea my friend.

new topics

top topics

join