It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening anxiety

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I understand the rapid progression the collective consciousness is taking.. Just from reading posts on this board and having discussions with friends / coworkers / family I can see that people are waking up to a perception of reality they've never known until now.

But for some of us, this perception can be quite intimidating.. In my case, this new perception of life can come barreling down on me with unpredictable anxiety that is beyond words. I feel bigger than the world, but then I feel the walls closing in on me. It's as if I'm merely living out some twisted dream world where I'm the pawn and everyone else is in on the joke.

Never in my life have I experienced any anxiety aside from the typical nervousness you'd expect from presenting a speech to a room full of peers. To be precise, I've never had anything 'wrong' with me. I was always just 'normal', if such a thing exists.

A part of me knows many of you can relate to the ever-present fear some unforeseen anxiety you've never experienced before until now will strike at any moment. And if this is true for you, how bad does this anxiety grip you? What are you thoughts when you're experiencing it? How do you cope with it? If you're not one of these people, who do you suspect others have such issues? What would you recommend we do in order to escape from this? Or maybe you feel this anxiety is necessary in order to promote the cultivation of a positive outlook?

I urge anyone who takes interest in this to respond, you may just help another member break free from a downward spiral.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

its insane. i was the same, so "normal" and i had never had any worries or cares about life and i didn't even know what a panic attack was until i had one.

about 6 months ago my whole world changed.

ever since then i perceive the world in a whole new way and i hate it. i feel as if im just along for the ride in some big pointless simulation. but with that feeling i also have the same feeling you described as being bigger than this world.

but on top of that feeling i just cant help but shake the anxiety and suffering of this physical world. for me its a fight to stay in power over these mental and physical pains which just gets harder with time.

i am in no way stupid enough to ever come close to being suicidal so dont take this the wrong way but alot of time i just have the feeling that i cant wait til this is over and i can just move on but at the same time im addicted to love in this physical world because it makes me feel so good and distracted.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Think of it this way... the whole wide universe is barracking for you, including every good soul who has already passed, and those yet to go

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

I was once in exactly the same position as you, but you will find your truth much quicker than I because you have much more life in the air than I did at the time(2008)

True story as follows, read carefully.

A wise man once talked with me, and I asked him:

"What is enlightenment, how do I achieve it... I read what everyone else says and I can feel it, how do I achieve this?"

He looked at me... and said the following,

"Can you fill a quart with a gallon?"

I was very anxious at the time, gaining this new ability, unable to understand it, unable to know what it meant..

I spent many, many moons deciphering this question.

Slow your steps, Staxxem. There is no rush. In this you will find your peace, I promise.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Let me put your mind at ease, i "woke up" in a significant way quite a few years ago, the details of which i won't go into. I've had panic attacks that lasted 6 months straight 24hrs a day that made reality look like an inescapable hell. After 2 years of watching, learning and growing i realise the saying "there is nothing to fear but fear itself" sums up anxiety/fear accurately. Fear is an illusion, it's only real because you empower it with your focus. The energies that produce fear within you can be both strengthened and destroyed, they manifest in a number of "centers" within you including your thought and emotive "centers". The same energies that drive this fear also drives lust, anger etc, and they all feed on your attention using the same centers. These energies drive what is called the "wheel of samsara" which is nature to keep growing and evolving, you'll see these energies driving animals. These energies are also called "Ego's" or the false I. They are called the false "I" because when they manifest you associate with them - e.g. when anxiety comes in you assume it is you and feed it by your attention.

At this point in time we are now self conscious entities and can transform the energies which produce these Ego's and cultivate a new sense of self with what is called the consciousness. The consciousness is the part of our real selves that observes reality. When we learn to use the consciousness in each moment rather than feeding the Ego's, we see the false reality they create and we can destroy them using certain techniques. Then, our focus gradually shift's into the consciousness and the false "I" falls away like layers of an onion as we observe reality directly. The observation of reality directly is what is called "enlightenment" as reality simply exists. We then no longer use the mind to understand reality, we move beyond it into an all present state of intuition which needs to be experienced to be understood. In this state there is a constant flow of love, peace and understanding. Thus, the fear and anxiety you are experiencing is only due to the "lack of a better tool" to make sense of reality, and the grip the ego has on each of us until we can move beyond it. There is always love in each and every moment, if your experiencing any anxiety and fear remember that it's only an illusion and the beauty, love and purity of life itself is waiting for you which is the true nature of reality, but you have to earn your way into "heaven" by overcoming the ego.

For me personally, i follow the teachings of Gnosis - gnosticteachings.org...

It has helped me immeasurably to understand my experiences and overcome suffering and thanks to this experience i have been able to validate the truth of the teachings. I hope you find this information useful.
edit on 5-9-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

I copied this post from one I made on another topic a few hours ago but it applies here as well....

You are not the only one. I feel similar to what you describe. I don't know where to go, or what to do. Nothing clears my mind. It's constantly running. I can't focus and sometimes I'll be looking at a person dead in the eye while they are talking to me but the conversation (so to speak) going within myself seems to always keep my attention more. I used to be somewhat happy, that is until I found out what is really going on in this world, granted I'm glad I know what I know and glad that I was awoken, but knowing truth and searching for wisdom will lead you to a place where EVERYTHING under the sun is a striving after the wind just like Soloman said. I have cut everyone out of my life pretty much with the exception of a few close friends that I know I can trust. Even still I don't particularly care to be around them as the thought of having to see something horrible happen to them with my own eyes when SHTF is almost unbearable to even think about.

My parents are not wise and part of the Sheeple so talking to them about anything regarding wisdom and insight is futile. Mom is a Jehovah's Witness that relies on what the society says and doesn't research for herself as to anything they say and if it's legit or not. Nor does she know anything about TPTB poisoning us with GMO and Flouride. She would rather just put her life into the hands of the society and not search for truth. Dad is a drunk that thinks the answers lie in what's socially accepted and not what the truth is. He would rather get people to laugh at his jokes then talk about meaningful issues and teach people. My peers for the most part think I'm crazy, and I feel the same about them for not researching and digging for answers. Most of them love the bar/party scene still.

Part of me wants to just stop talking. Not because I can't talk, but rather because it is useless for the most part to communicate with anyone as it isn't gonna make one bit of difference in the end. I used to be a man of hopes and dreams, but now the only hope I have is to be part of paradise earth after god comes back and fixes it. Nothing else matters anymore. I don't work, or do anything productive other than search for truth and light in this dark world. I can't stand being alive during this point in history as I feel I'm surrounded by zombies and I feel like Noah in the sense that I warn them but it might as well be a language no one understands. If it isn't about sex, drinking, football, music, and other "trendy" topics, NO ONE wants to talk about it. so I don't see the point any longer in communicating with people because in doing so, it causes me to stoop to their level of understanding and I feel like it dumbs me down. I AM NOT BETTER than anyone nor is that the message I'm trying to relay here. I'm just so very tired of this disgusting abomination of a so called life we are all forced to live in order to survive by TPTB who we all know are operated by satan and other demons. I could keep going for hours on this post but yeah, I feel like that I found so much of what I have been searching for my entire life that I'm now lost. Lost in the sense that once you realize everything for what it's worth, what goal could you possibly set for yourself? How can you want for anything anymore? The only thing I want at all anymore is MORE wisdom as it seems to be the only satisfying thing I can find. That and love.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I used to suffer from anxiety attacks too. My attacks were so bad that I felt like I was having mini heart attacks.
Then I became a devoted christian and over time the attacks stopped. This was a process that took a couple of years but I am definitely a changed human being.

PHP 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
To all you above posters and for the future below...

I have been in your shoes.

You are not alone.
I have had the exact same sentiments as all you have stated.
It is truly hard to come to grips with what you now understand that most don't.
But try hard to remember there are people that are just like you...(me for instance)

It is truly mind boggling what the truth does to your mind.
It has ruined relationships for me, and started new ones.
It has truly changed my life.

For all you who think that you are the only one that feels this way, you are not.

It is truly hard to talk to normal people, "sheeple" if you will...
They will only talk if they want to know the real truth.
Most don't want to know.
Most only care about what is on tv.
Most are blindly following the true temptations in life.
It's truly ashame.

But do NOT single yourself out!
Be strong in that you understand what most people don't!
You have a clear idea of the world around you and are not distracted!

That sets you apart from the crowd...

In my humble opinion, there is a war going on as we speak...
A war on your mind, body and soul. (I don't care if you believe me, its my opinion)
There is definitively good and evil, and right now evil is rampant.
Look around! If you choose not to see it, it's truly your own minds demise.
Good is patiently waiting for the opportunity for you to embrace it.
You will be tested and you must remain calm.
Anxiety only comes when you feel despair.
Fear not, for there is nothing to be anxious about!
With good preparations for any circumstance, comes serenity.

But for me, as a believer in God, it is harder to stay on the straight and narrow...
Then to take the easy way out.
It is a constant battle, I feel.
Don't let evil take over how strong your mind can be!

Remember, you are welcome here on ATS to discuss anything that ails you.
Feel free to PM me if you have questions or just need another mind to speak to.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nice posts, we are all one and one event in the future that will make most of us realize this.

(I had true enlightenment about a week back and I feel better than ever.)

They are trying to stop this and it fears them because they don't know what is happening, a select group of people know what needs to be done before His time comes.

It will only get worse before it will get better though.

But have faith, the same faith that took us to to this level will be our salvation.

We are all one in the love of God.

Bless you all and much love.

GM

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

It's nice to come to a place where people understand. If I were to speak about the things I posted previously to any one of the sheeple. They would probably report me to not so proper "authorities" and "officials." I know exactly what you mean by easy way out as honestly it has been on my mind non stop for several months now. I dare not tell anyone about it tho as TPTB don't want you doing that and will have you under 24 hour surveillance in order to keep you alive so that they can torture you for their own entertainment when SHTF much the same way the clapped and cheered at the coliseum when people were killed. The elites are demons that feed on our misery, some of them even eat human flesh and physically feed on us. Sometimes I feel my faith is so strong that the easy way out is exactly what it is. Many people took that way out in the bible and some of them god called his friend and gave special gifts to them. Does this mean that they won't be saved? UGH. I hate living in a world where truth is coverd up with propaganda. Thank you all tho for having intelligent conversations tho. It even furthers my hope.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

Keep your head up!

I have much more fun just watching people aimlessly live their lives.
Never knowing what is taking place around them.
Never caring.

I laugh to myself everytime I hear someone talk about a television show or gossip.
As if it is even remotely important in life.

We are truly distracted by what is broadcast to us and what is propaganda to them.
When I see all the sex, drugs and garbage skewed around the nation, I think to myself:
"There is a reason I see through all this mess. I have been shown how to deal with distraction on purpose."
And I do.

I see right through the garbage.
And find the truth.

The "hidden" messages are everywhere.
And they are not good messages.
Just look at magazines today. (media in general)
Look at cable tv.
There are no morals anymore and it's getting worse.
Too many things are being accepted as "normal".

It's not normal and we should have better morals than what is being allowed these days.
In my humble opinion, of course.

And I am not perfect either.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There is no point in spending your time obsessing over the past / future, because they only exist in your head. All there really is, is this moment, right now.

Learning to meditate (And some spinal breathing, if you would like), will help bring you into the present. It will also help your anxiety problems.

This site has free lessons on it, if you would like to learn more. Meditation is simple, but keeping it simple can get a little complicated

Good Luck!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Turn off your computer.
Go outside.
Sit under a tree.
Breathe the air and listen.
edit on 5-9-2011 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

The anxiety is your mind fighting for survival, it is scared. It knows that you have seen that it is not to be trusted and it fears its death. The ego death.
Watch the mind (thoughts) and body (sensations) from the still space that you are. Thoughts and sensations are just appearances appearing presently, they pass by. Every 'thing' passes by the one constant presence.
That presence is what you are.

Eckhart Tolle was a great help when i was struggling, this one especially;
youtu.be...

Peace now.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

See I don't have ANY fun laughing at anybody. If anything I feel horribly sorry for them and wish they to would just open their eyes and see. I got into an arguement about politics with my dad last night because he thinks the constitution will protect him. He is unaware of the troops being deployed here inside the U.S. and he tells me to "stop being a conspiracy theorist because it's not happening" when I send him links to news articles stating they are being deployed. HE REFUSES TO READ ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE MAJORITY BELIEVE CUZ HE IS A WEAK FOLLOWER. My mom is the same way, she knows a bit more being a JW but her research stopped with the society and never progressed like mine has. Both accuse me of bringing reproach to the family name. LOL as if I give 2 shats about what people think of me. The fact of the matter is that I still love them regardless of their ignorance. I don't want anyone to have to die. I don't hope for it, wish for it, and certainly won't laugh and will cry very much when SHTF. I don't take lightly to what is going on and it is not a game to me. In fact this is the most urgent matter to ever hit the human race. This is 2Tim 3:1-5 happening as I type this. Even tho I have turned away for the most part, I still can't help but hurt a lil everytime I see someone else who hasn't and is being consumed. I guess I just have a overwhelmingly huge heart that I tend to wear on my sleeve, which is another reason I cut myself off from society. Society uses, then ruins ones like me with its filth. Thanks for the encouragement though. Any light will cut through in a world this dark.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

A part of me knows many of you can relate to the ever-present fear some unforeseen anxiety you've never experienced before until now will strike at any moment. And if this is true for you, how bad does this anxiety grip you?

Ive dealt with the very worst levels of anxiety. Ive gone to the very edge, where the anxiety not only permeates your very blood, even when you are not conscious of it, but you simply cant sleep, the anxiety keeps you awake, and in a state of interminable spiritual sufferring.

In other words, ive seen what true hell is, and it is absolutely horrifying.

What are you thoughts when you're experiencing it?

Fear obviously. Discomfort. Apprehension.....

How do you cope with it?

Prayer. I pray to the good God to help and strengthen me, because on my own i am simply unable. When i nullify my own individuality, and sacrifice it towards God, in hope, in merging in oneness with Him; in His everlasting peace, charity and goodness, the anxiety vanishes. I find a breath of fresh air; true joy.

Its not easy and in the beginning it does strain your mental powers. But eventually, the merciful God blankets you in His love, and you are spared further sufferring.

On a deeper level, its as if you arent aware of your own existence. Everything exists within Him. An adverse emotion, like the most penetrating fear/anxiety, just melts away. It cannot come near that which is one with the infinite.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Spend a little time in introspection. You will be alright.

I love the thoughts of Krishnamurti. Yes, the videos are old, he is gone...but he was very wise. This one may help.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Staxxem

I am sure you will find by reviewing the posts you have received that you are most certainly not alone. I would go so far as to say that your experience in some way, shape or form is a very common one on the awakening journey. And we are all on this journey, albeit at differing points along the way. However, the way in which you experience this process will differ from others, depending on the character and texture of your own personal spiritual needs, background, beliefs, etc. There is a wealth of spiritual resource material, some of which is thousands of years old, some of which is quite modern, which may support your process. It certainly has mine.

I believe the whole "awakening" journey, no matter what semantic label it is given, is experiencing a fundamental quickening. In grossly simplified terms, I believe that our ultimate reality is based on vibrational energy, and our 4D world is being brought, in cycles, into a higher and higher rate of vibration. As this process continues, when one's personal vibration is "in tune" with this higher vibration, one experiences a harmonic result, with potential for increased awareness, peace, and ultimate well-being. When coming from a lower vibration, increased dissonance results in the potential for a less harmonic experience, i.e. fear, anxiety, etc. And remember that everything comes and goes in cycles.

Be gentle with yourself, and try to avoid being anxious about being anxious, if you know what I mean. If you haven't yet, try meditation, yoga, qi gong, or any other energy balancing practice you are drawn to.

I leave you with one of my favorite modern quotes, which has gotten me over a rough patch or two:

"Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment."
— Eckhart Tolle
edit on 9/5/2011 by Open2Truth because: because I never seem to get it right the first time.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Love the quote. That is exactly correct. I finally figured that out without knowing the quote. Life hands you what YOU need to awaken to your journey....and yes, it can be a painful journey. More so for some than others.

I posted this video in another thread...but sometimes you need to see something like this to know that you are on the right path and it will be OK...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Thank you for the input on the quote, and for the video link. I will watch it when I can relax and focus on it.

For my part, it has been the most painful aspects of my journey that have yielded the most spiritual fruit - by a long shot. Many of us can look back into "the past" and see what we learned and gained from our most challenging life circumstances - bringing that same degree of interpretation into present day challenges, especially when the gifts are not yet recognized - has been one of the key stepping stones in my spiritual journey.

edit on 9/5/2011 by Open2Truth because: because I never seem to get it right the first time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join