It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of Thousands Registered to Vote in Both NY and FLA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
From the New York Daily News:
www.nydailynews.com...

"Of the 46,000 registered in both states, 68% are Democrats, 12% are Republicans and 16% didn't claim a party."

It seems that well over the number of votes that separated Bush and Gore in 2000 may have been cast by illegal voters... and that if this investigation hadn't occured the same thing might have happened again.

Of interest... though the data clearly shows that illegal Democrats outnumber illegal Republicans by nearly a six to one margin... the NY Daily News decided to focus on a Republican voter. That's a pretty big discrepency they chose not to point out!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thats a possible 31,280 illegal dual votes in the past Florida presidential vote. So if Bush's victory was listed as something like 600 votes and we make an educated guess being fair minded that only ten percent of the possible 31,280 actually made dual votes that should be disqualified then the Bush victory would be 3728 votes in 2000.

This needs a close look by both states election officials for sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That's the honor system for ya. Practially anyone that's ever moved is registered in two places. I am. But I have no plans to vote in my old state.

Florida must be big because it's a retirement destination.

The ONLY thing that would stop this is getting rid of local and state based election boards, opting for a national system like via Internet or Kiosk.

And I doubt we want that.

As one way or the other the only way to "fix it" would be BIGGER GOVERNMENT.

I think voting by mail just breeds fraud anyway. I do not trust Nursing Home owners that effectively "vote" for their disabled residents. Nor do I trust the "churches" that come in and help the disabled vote.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It would seem to be possible that once registration is done wherever one lives that a "card" such as used by department stores to record "gift certificates" or "cash" allowances could be used. IE: a one time only card to scan at a polling place to show you have not yet voted that is nulled upon your vote. Once used its no longer valid at any polling place.

Just an idea.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That makes sense Phoenix. I mean I can only take out the same $20 once with my ATM...but I can do it anywhere in the country on any network and it's automatically registered with everyone in the nation. I can't do it twice. And it can' t be stolen without my pin.

Why in the world is voting localized?

new topics

top topics

join