It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair Refuses Congressional Medal of Honor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Mr Blair is immensely popular with large sections of the American public for his staunch support of the Iraq war and the White House believes a visit by the prime minister now would provide a much-needed boost to Mr Bush's re-election campaign, the weekly said.

But Blair won't come. C'mon boy... c'mere...Who's a good puppy.. www.news.com.au...^401,00.html lousy mutt...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I believe this article is more accurate, as the so called Congressional Medal of Honor is the nation's highest military award for valor, which would not seem appropriate for a civilian leader. I believe the Reuters must be confused about this.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A large number of people here and abroad also disaprove of his involvement with the Iraqi war. In fact life is not easy for Mr. Blair.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The Ellis Island Medal of Honor Society was created in 1986 by the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations. The coalition itself was formed with the intention of encouraging cultural unity. It is the largest organization of its kind in the United States.

This is typical political-babble. Here is a PUBLIC funded organization playing politics.

Why didn't Thatcher get a medal or Castro before he became the enemy or Noriega or Fox or Churchill or countless other foreigners that pursued their own agenda?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I believe this article is more accurate, as the so called Congressional Medal of Honor is the nation's highest military award for valor, which would not seem appropriate for a civilian leader. I believe the Reuters must be confused about this.

I agree the CMH is for combat valor period! Maybe they ment the presidential medal of freedom?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Didn't I hear recently that there was some plot to assassinate Blair, perhaps thats the reason he is not coming to America, who can blame him? Is he doing any traveling right now? If it were me I'd be sticking close to home base with tons of security. OK I admit it I'm a big old chicken. Maybe i should have just called myself Chicken instead of Goose.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Maybe i should have just called myself Chicken instead of Goose.

I never heard anyone say "chicken him" to get someone moving, or

"kill the golden chicken?"

join