It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A forum we could all benefit from.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
well after searching i noticed a lot of things have been posted over and over again.Due to the sheer size of this board we could all use a forum called something like "the library" or the "filing cabinet". and it would have names of different forums and upon clicking one you would then be able to click one of the popular topics that comes up. and then it would show you all the related threads. this would make searching easier and help in many other ways.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
For someone that registered 3 days ago, you really seem to be wanting to change a lot of things. There is a recent posts tab at the top of the screen. I suggest clicking it.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think thats a great idea it sure would make it easier for me to kno whether something has already been talked about or not but then yet again there is always new information that can be found about a certain subject that has already been talked about. Has anyone ever played the game Carmen San Diego I was talking to one of my geeky friends that used to love that game back when he was young and I thought man that would be such a great thing for ATS is we had a whole section kinda like find the rings but where we would try to guess where certain members are from by them giving us daily clues like temperatures and current events in the town i dont know i just though that would be an awesome thing to do just in my opinion

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
well think you im glad you support my idea. id be glad to help put this forum together. and websurfer i clicked recent posts and there is nothing related. even if i have been here for 3 days i have looked here for over a year.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I liked your idea and i've tried using the search engine and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt but i was wondering who decides to make a new forum and i love the recent posts thing i find it very usefull

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
click www.abovetopsecret.com...

No...he's talking about repeat post topics that may be burried on page 20 of forum x but how would you know it was there in the first place before you posted your "new" thread idea??

The search is your best bet....that's what the mods will say...But when it comes to board questions, like "how do I" and "why is this" - I agree 100%....that's why me and Gools posted these two threads...
Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ
FAQ and Tutorial Need Updating

[edit on 8/23/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

[edit on 8/23/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
phantompatriot - welcome to the board, where ya from? i have to agree with some of the others - the search facility works quite well from my experiences.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The thing is we do have a simple (google search) and advanced (booleany thingy majiggy how'd'ya'use'it) search and everything is kinda indexed. The problem is there is such a huge volume of accumelated information that it is almost impossible to find what youwant when you want. It's just they way it is. The number of times I serach for a topic before I post and then find out it already has been posted minutes/hours/days/weeks before. Or even when I try and find a post I KNOW I took part in months ago, but yet still can't find it.
It's like the internet in general, the inforamtion is there somewhere, there is just no 100% efficient way to find it..

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I guess no one liked my idea but oh well yeah i hope they do make one of them forum thingies and the search thing seems to work sometimes

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
No , it's a good idea , , it's hard to want to get your point out there by adding it to an existing thread thats 12 pages of 20 responses long , and the boolean is kind of funky with the multiple terms needed .

I tried to find the thread that led me here originaly , and it took a bit more work than I thought it would . s#it happens , and the overworked mods will direct you as time permits .

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser617 I guess no one liked my idea
It's already under-way. www.abovetopsecret.com... Forum Subject Matter Experts are being selectively assigned by staff to help organize the main topics of select forums. Eventually, we'll have FSME's for each topical forum.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Kaiser617
I guess no one liked my idea

It's already under-way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Forum Subject Matter Experts are being selectively assigned by staff to help organize the main topics of select forums. Eventually, we'll have FSME's for each topical forum.
WOW !! did amantine do all that work without request ? awesome !

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i havent been here long but i would like to be a FSME for either the alien, crypto, or ancient and lost civilizations. I doubt i would be alowed because i am a newbie.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure what SO tried to say because i went to the link and i didnt get it but awesome SO liked one of my ideas man my day just got so much better i a so easily amused oh welll

top topics

join