It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like giving up...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Nobody cares. At all. I show injustices that happen in the name of freedom to people and they just don't care. Then we have people who ignorantly support the mainstream idiots who are exactly the same as all the other people in the government. I mean even now I've lost faith in Ron Paul. What can he actually do? Nothing.

I feel helpless to fix this government. Anonymous stopped doing anything from my point of view. Wikileaks is still active and that's good but nobody cares. I posted something the other day about how our government covered up murder and nobody really cared about my post (from a wikileaks leak). What is wrong with this country? I seriously want to know!

I shouldn't expect everyone to agree with my views and like I've said before, I don't. But I just feel helpless to fix this. Can we do anything? If a congress person broke the law on national TV in front of millions nobody would do anything. DFdfasafv

I'll be over in the corner breaking stuff.
edit on 9/3/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Edit: About the thread I posted the other day. Some people actually did care but once again, what can we do? People in the thread even blindly supported the military.
edit on 9/3/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Sadly enough you're right... nothing can be done.

Unless something supernatural or even divine happens, we're locked in this situation and theres no way out.

People can change the world, but a few individuals can't do anything... it would take everyone to make a real change

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Know the feeling man, even after talking to my Family about Ron paul, I still was met with "oooh Rick Perry, he's the texan you talked about right?"
F*&^!

People just don't care.
edit on 3-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I hear you.
Don't lose faith in yourself or your power to make even minute changes to the world. As I say in almost every post ( I should make it my signature)
' We all die alone'
What will matter then is how you feel and how you think, and what small difference you have made to the next generation.
Yes the world is out of control of the compassionate thinking person, as it always has been. It is the nature of man to control and seek power, enlightenment is realising that this power is futile and temporary. It is the curse of humanity that the ruthless and greedy are the ones who will sacrifice all to achieve their temporary power, we (those who value integrity and honesty) are always at the mercy of these people as we have been throughout the ages.
The reed that bends in the wind, survives the storm better than the unyielding bough.
Hang in there, don't lose the integrity or values that life has forged in you.
Be a small flicker of flame in a cosmos of darkness.
edit on 3-9-2011 by HumansEh because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
are there any political groups with common sense on their flags in your town ?
maybe get involvd in meetings or discussion groups. politics starts at local level.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm with you OP, it feels hopeless. I'm hopeless, unless cthulu lands on the white house lawn we are screwed.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey, Bud, I wrote a massive reply, but i lost it somehow...
But the gist was....

You are absolutely right. Hope is lost. But... it's not. You count. I'm in the UK, but I see your scenario. I day dream about a team of genii becoming US president. It breaks my heart when I look at the poor of your and my country when we spend TRILLIONS on military. But, things WILL change, whether we're here to see it, I'm not sure...

There's a saying along the lines of.... to change the world, start local....

Be seeeing you
M

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Actually, I think many do care but feel hopeless overall, but many are still in the morass of MSM influence, and IMHO these media conglomerates perpetuate this feeling more often than not. But the way I see it, communicating your views, even if on alternate media sites such as ATS, keeps increasing the pressure.

For example, I learned about the atrocity mentioned by seeing your thread on it, and I left a response. I doubt I would have learned about it by any other means. But I get down too - I think anyone with both their eyes and heart open can be overwhelmed at times. Reminds me that I read a very interesting article/book chapter referencing the mathematics behind cultural change - which was very uplifting. I'll see if I can find it and let you know where to find it, if you'd like.

Otherwise, my best suggestion is to breathe deeply, shake it off, and treat yourself to an indulgent day - whether that's a six pack and football, a walk in the park, or a spa day. We all have to reset once in awhile.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
At the end of the day, the only thing you can control is your own personal actions and the way you interact with the world. I hear you brother. I have pointed out major injustices in the past to people and they seem to almost shrug and go for the shrimp platter.

Your actions and your support for those that you agree with can, over time, have an effect. It's hard to see right away but things can change over time. Just remember, common sense ain't that common, and most people do not take the time to look into a situation or person. They rely on late night sitcom actors for their opinions.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think a lot of us feel the same way you do, but just don't know how to make a change. I can only do so much for my fellow neighbors. As for the government, I don't even know where to begin with that problem.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can totally sympathize with the OP. I often feel hopeless especially when trying to share info with friends and family. It's very hard to stay motivated when it seems like no matter what we do things just seem to get worse. I think this is a big reason why so many people want something catastrophic to happen. I'm hoping most of them are feeling that way out of frustration, bc I don't know that most of them even realize what they're truly asking for.

I'm not sure what the answers are. I do know that no matter what the odds I will never give up. People are waking up more and more each day. I truly believe we are here for a reason and there are no coincidences... No matter what the future brings all I know for certain is that things are changing, I can feel it in my gut, and I am here to help with the transition. Things will get worse before they get better, but I have to believe they will get better, otherwise what's the point? These are interesting times and there is so much to learn and look forward to.

Don't lose hope, man. Take it one day at a time... I try not to dwell on the big picture all the time bc it is demoralizing and depressing. I went through that for awhile... Envying those "sheeple" around me who are blissfully "ignorant" and how being "awake" is such a burden. Then I realized that I can't focus on everyone else bc I can't control everyone else. I can only control me and I can live my ideas and ideals, and I have a feeling one day those that ridicule me now will be the ones running to me for help just as soon as TSHTF.

You are (for the most part) amongst friends here. I think you'll find many people have felt the same feelings at one point or another.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

People do care Drew. It is just that people get overwhelmed by all that is wrong. There is very little that an individual can do to impart change when you are talking about the injustices of the world.

Stop looking at the big picture and focus on your immediate world. Your community. Get involved in helping others. It is very difficult to change the world around you, but rather easy to change the world inside of you. If you change others will see this and maybe they will as well.

I felt a lot like you do now when I was in my 20's. Since then I have become involved in volunteer work that helps those in my community. I still get upset about the things I read about and see on the evening news, but I make every effort to not contribute to things I find unjust and that anger gets channeled into my volunteer work.

When I began my volunteer work the organisation I am with ( some 15 years now ) we were a small community based food bank helping about 40 families. In that time we have grown to now help over 500 families with not only food but a number of other services, and we have done this without Government assistance. Change can be made but it takes time. Look towards a man like Gandhi. It took him decades upon decades to make the changes he felt India deserved. He not only sent the British home, but did it without a gun in his hand and his efforts began by making change in himself first.

Chin up Drew. You have a good heart make use of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thanks for all the kind replies guys. Made me feel better. I'm just so mad at everyone for shaking off injustices and in some ways supporting them.

ATS will always be a good community so long as the mods continue to do the excellent job that they do at protecting manners. Keep on keepin' guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

No, nothing can be done but I do wish there was something.

KWytch

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I feel helpless to fix this government.

There is no way to "fix" a situation where the few control the many.
Human nature will not allow for it - we are too greedy as individuals.

Only until it is truly of the people...
Let The People Vote? YES!! On Every Bill...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Sadly enough you're right... nothing can be done.

Unless something supernatural or even divine happens, we're locked in this situation and theres no way out.

People can change the world, but a few individuals can't do anything... it would take everyone to make a real change

Indeed, that`s why even non-sheeple don`t care - evil and stupid people are way too many (Especially in power, of course - most psychopats crave power) and nothing can be done unless the majority just changes their mindset/priorities. And of course It will never happen (The grip tightens so people will be getting even more brainwashed), so the way I see it we really need for a miracle or some worldwide doom to happen or we will be stuck in this vicious circle forever.
edit on 4-9-2011 by mkpetrov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's the feeling, like if you broke up with your wife of 10 years, a strange feeling of wanting to give up, thinking that you are so little that you cannot do anything let alone more. A feeling that questions the worth of your soul, I think we have to seriously re-psychoanalyze exactly what worth is...

What you are thinking and feeling on a large scale, I feel with things in my life involving just a few people. I need to know why things happen. And with people I need to know how much they care for other people. It may sprout out and lead to a care of life. I need to know where I stand and why events happen in life. If I am not to know this then I am going to live without a purpose, everybody knows that time will slip by you at that moment. I cannot understand without identifying and that can be hard.

top topics

join