It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Witnessing Americas Last Days: Twilight's Last Gleaming.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Prominent leaders of two Baptist churches have special sermons planned for Sunday, Sept. 11, which is the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks against the United States. One sermon promises to discuss America's "inevitable collapse" while the other is to be delivered by Dr. Tim LaHaye, known for his popular end times book series.

First Baptist Church of Dallas has released a video promoting a new sermon series beginning Sept. 11, that discusses America's "inevitable collapse."

Are we witnessing America's last days? That is what Robert Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Dallas, asks Christians to consider in his new sermon series entitled "Twilight's Last Gleaming."

www.christianpost.com...

This September 11th the First Baptist Church of Dallas will be giving the sermon "Twilight's Last Gleaming" on which it will be preached about America's last days. It mentions in this video promo of the 'inevitable collapse of America' www.firstdallas.org...

Are nations pastors going to start preparing people for something? Possibly the NWO?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Would you like to throw this quote in there or...?

"I don't know when America's end is coming, but I know from reading the Bible that America's days are numbered, because this world's days are numbered," Jeffress told KDAF-TV

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just like the Roman Empire, you are a declining power. You don't have to be, but you have no leadership or vision anymore. In 50yrs you will be like the UK...a sad, has been that could have maintained a leadership role in the world, but gave into San Fan, Nancy P and the rest of the idiot left,

But hey, it felt so nice at the time and showed you cared. Enjoy your lowered standard of living and has been status.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
Enjoy your lowered standard of living and has been status.

Just think of the impact it will have on Canada! Let alone the rest of the world. If the USA falls the impact will be exponentially greater than any other empire in history. You think the dark ages were bad? This will be "The new black"!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Just like the Roman Empire, you are a declining power. You don't have to be, but you have no leadership or vision anymore. In 50yrs you will be like the UK...a sad, has been that could have maintained a leadership role in the world, but gave into San Fan, Nancy P and the rest of the idiot left,

But hey, it felt so nice at the time and showed you cared. Enjoy your lowered standard of living and has been status.

I wouldn't write America off quite so fast. A collapse has become a near certainty now by simple math, but I sure wouldn't put money on Americans remaining down for the long term. The same rugged self reliance and individualism that built our nation is still alive and doing quite well among millions across "flyover country". The big cities can fend for themselves if it all falls to pieces. The rebuilding will from the center out, where solid values and some actual morality still exists.

Canada might just want to root for that, by the way. If America falls to pieces, Canada has some fine resources that China and Russia might just take a second look at. Not a good thing for anyone.

To the thread story though, what a rousing and inspirational message for a BIG Church to be sending to the congregation. It isn't like there aren't entirely unrelated things happening that could already have folks at some real high anxiety levels. Lets all add to it from religious authority, just as we enter 2012 and segments of the public start with the real hysteria. Ugh!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe they are seeing the end of religious influence in America.

In which case...
na na na na, na na na na, hey-aye aye, goodbye

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

In which case...

While I have no problem with religious beliefs, I do have a problem with religious control. Honestly the world could do better with the belief that we are all one and should treat eachother with love, but without smothering. The government in a way is "smothering" us. I write that in quotations because they "act" like they care when in reality they don't.

I am worried about the U.S collapse aswell, but this is what happens when an old enemy infiltrates the empire. They destroy it from within, rising to power, changing laws, and alienate the citizens to the point where they become enemy of their own country. We see this, but sadly others do not. I love the U.S for what it once stood for. Lady liberty would be sad right now if she was a living being.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Originally posted by SaturnFX

In which case...

While I have no problem with religious beliefs, I do have a problem with religious control. Honestly the world could do better with the belief that we are all one and should treat eachother with love, but without smothering. The government in a way is "smothering" us. I write that in quotations because they "act" like they care when in reality they don't.

I am worried about the U.S collapse aswell, but this is what happens when an old enemy infiltrates the empire. They destroy it from within, rising to power, changing laws, and alienate the citizens to the point where they become enemy of their own country. We see this, but sadly others do not. I love the U.S for what it once stood for. Lady liberty would be sad right now if she was a living being.

Your preaching and thats a religion also.......

America was build on the backs of strong religious beliefs and faith towards a cause of the Republic. That was lost and America was lost. Add the fed and its crippled.

Religion was a very strong influence in the creation of USA.

##Edit - Go figure, we toss out religion and everything goes out the window as well. Coincidence?
edit on 2-9-2011 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I wouldn't write America off quite so fast. A collapse has become a near certainty now by simple math, but I sure wouldn't put money on Americans remaining down for the long term. The same rugged self reliance and individualism that built our nation is still alive and doing quite well among millions across "flyover country". The big cities can fend for themselves if it all falls to pieces. The rebuilding will from the center out, where solid values and some actual morality still exists.

Canada might just want to root for that, by the way. If America falls to pieces, Canada has some fine resources that China and Russia might just take a second look at. Not a good thing for anyone.

To the thread story though, what a rousing and inspirational message for a BIG Church to be sending to the congregation. It isn't like there aren't entirely unrelated things happening that could already have folks at some real high anxiety levels. Lets all add to it from religious authority, just as we enter 2012 and segments of the public start with the real hysteria. Ugh!

I hope you are right. Based on the alternatives wingnuts waiting in the wings to take the mantle of power, I would root for the US over just about any other entity that is looking to have influence right now. However, the biggest enemy the US has for their future comes from within.

You have a lot of self hating nimwits within your own ranks. Makes no sense to me. I guess you suck, except for the entire Middle East (except for Israel), all of Africa,Russia, Eastern Europe, China and most of Asia.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I hope you are right. Based on the alternatives wingnuts waiting in the wings to take the mantle of power, I would root for the US over just about any other entity that is looking to have influence right now. However, the biggest enemy the US has for their future comes from within.

You have a lot of self hating nimwits within your own ranks. Makes no sense to me. I guess you suck, except for the entire Middle East (except for Israel), all of Africa,Russia, Eastern Europe, China and most of Asia.

America is like a woman who has just been gang raped and left for dead. An analogy to whats next would be an independant movie I saw many years ago called "Ms. 45". Rapists beware!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What happens to America in the coming decades is a choice that each and every U.S. citizen makes every day.
Just as our weight reflects what we eat and how/if we exercise.
Our homes reflect the time we do or do not put in on cleaning and caretaking.
Our relationships reflect whether we are there for others or too wrapped up in our own concerns.

If as a society we decide to succeed. We will.
Parents must take responsibility for their children.
Children must be told the truth that the "American Way of Life" is not now nor has never been a sure thing.
It is a thing which has been earned and protected by the daily choices of those who came before us.

Today we face the fallout of poor choices made by those who came before us. And, poor choices that we ourselves have made. We need to enter into serious and polite dialouge about what really matters and how to achieve it.

We must then take the personal responsibility for doing our part for our families, our communities, and our country.

Other nations are hungry. Both physically and metaphorically. They are willing to knock themselves out to replace us. Whether they suceed is ultimately a simple matter of who wants it more and who is better prepared.

All success in all areas of life ultimately comes down to these simple truths.

Step one for us would be to stop wondering if we are collapsing and move on into rebuilding and reorganizing.

Every choice, every day, determines the future of the world.
Better make 'em good!
edit on 2-9-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

America is like a woman who has just been gang raped and left for dead. An analogy to whats next would be an independant movie I saw many years ago called "Ms. 45". Rapists beware!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What needs to be done is that all Political leaders need to turn in their passports for processing! If someone needs to gallivant to some safe location they will have to ask first! This way when the brown stuff flies it won't be with them and their luggage off to some secret resort! They need to be here for the cake ceremony, as in, "let them eat cake"! Especially Ms. Pelosi who made sure her husband's investments partook in the bailouts which gave her pocket book the bulge it now has!

Yes you Nancy! I know you have your little workers reading all the real "news" that comes through this site, so they can report back to you when the masses begin to move in for the "cake" or rather, your neck!

I know it won't be the case but I can be hopeful she slips on her millions as she is running out the door!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

You are wrong, the founding fathers also sought a world without the influence of religion. They believed in the free thinking mind. That is one thing that set the U.S apart, because it was "the land of the free". The only thing that crippled it was indeed religion and banks.

Do some more research on the founding fathers believing in UFOs and wanted to explore the idea more without the churchs influence. There are alot of reasons the U.S declared their independence in the first place.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I will agree with the pastors that the U.S. is indeed in rapid decline in all regareds but the sermons could be presented in a more positive manner ending with the reason why the U.S. must and is slowly being dismanteled... It's part of Gods plan.

Evil rules the world and will continue to grow and become more powerful to the end, but after that it will all change.

I'm just flattered to have a front row seat and see it happening. Changes are comming quickly, we can all see them happening every day. People who frequent this site are even more atuned to these changes than the majority of the population. The planet itself is reeling with pain, We are watching a build up. Are you ready for what is comming

Live and Love, it's what you ar here for.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

America was build on the backs of strong religious beliefs and faith towards a cause of the Republic. That was lost and America was lost. Add the fed and its crippled.

Actually, the US was built on the backs of slaves and minoritys. the strong religious were usually the ones commanding the slaves and minorities while sipping lemonade

Whats lost is the religious being the rightous symbols and all lesser types of people being commanded by them. So..meh, no loss in my opinion. Yes, the wealthy white religious person should be feeling their america is going away...and good riddance in my opinion. The faster the better. Time for a bit of tolerance that a secular society strives for.

Religion was a very strong influence in the creation of USA.

And bigotry..yep...
Just because something was done in the past does not make it a good thing.

##Edit - Go figure, we toss out religion and everything goes out the window as well. Coincidence?
edit on 2-9-2011 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

Toss out religion? how so? Statistically most people believe in a god of some sort and practice accordingly. As far as everything "going out the window". Well, I actually don't see it...I mean, I see corporations are greedy (big suprise), and political rivals disagree with one another...but as far as how my family, neighbors, or friends act...well, none of us have started eating babies yet, so I guess its just the mainstream media hyping things up for ratings...you know...corporations being greedy thing.
Best to stop looking for the shadows in the garden to paint the garden black...instead, focus on the flowers and you might occasionally see what is growing...your choice though. I tend to go back and forth now and then...corporatism really bugs me, but I don't see the entire nation and by extension, world, as doomed...but if things get bad enough, there may be some corrective backlash that needs to happen.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
actually the founding fathers were deist so they really werent strong religous people. the first colonist were though il admit.

i agree with the we have a choice. to me their is irefutable evidence of upcoming martial law, to me we are in the infancy of a police state. that being said i think we can turn things around by voting ron paul 2012, boycott business that are affiliated with big banks and big government, and vote smart. we have a choice like people have said in this thread. well either have our kids be proud of us for standing up to the police state, martial law injustice and allowing america to enter a new renisance or have our kids hate us for not standing up to the government.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Maybe they are seeing the end of "Gods" influence in America.

In which case...

My own little twist to your post

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Organised religion is a business. Apocalypse, hellfire and damnation puts bums on the pews. Never more so than near the anniversary of a disaster.

I dont think the USA is near the end, but I do think its near the end of its Imperial Power phase.

Americans will need to accept a lower standard of living, as will those of the EU nations and the UK. If politicos had been honest and run fiscally sound governments this decline would have been gradual over 2 decades. As it stands the transition will probably be traumatic.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's easy to roll over and die...

Frankly, the USA has seen days every bit as dire and even worse...

Civil War where tens of thousands of Americans were killed in a single battle... or how about when the british burned Washington, DC...the White House...and had the American army on the run.... or the Great Depression...or WWII and Pearl Harbor...or The 1960s when the country was literally coming unraveled socially, culturally, and politically...or the 1970s and stagflation and gas lines...

Some Christians...especially fundementalist....not all, but some...are looking to the "Apocolypse" and the end of not only America, but the world....

Is America on the verge of decline, just plain folding up....? I don't know...that depends on the American citizen.

I have never seen so many people from all walks of life so informed and educated on the Constitution, voting, politics, and economics....say what you may about Obama...he has been a catalysts for reigniting Civics in America.

That being said, America's greatest strength has always been it's people. Resiliant, independent minded, optimistic...what we need is a leader...a real, no frills, plain spoken...tell it like it is leader. Someone with a sense of the ideals this country was built on...and some common sense...

I have read that in the military, in peace time, political butt kissers move up pretty fast...but when the real stuff hits...they are exposed and pushed aside ofr true leadership.

I believe the US will follow suit. Great leaders emerge in dark and challenging times... look at the times I listed above and you will see leadership emerged... Jackson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Grant and Lee, ML King, Reagan...

Twilights last gleaming? The key is to never give up and never give in.... Bastogne, Lil' Round Top, Berlin Wall, Pusan Perrimeter, Civil Rights Movement, Grant's Campaign of 1864, Fort McHenry and Star Spangled Banner...

America may have stumbled, but she ain't never fell.....and most people I know don't intend for her to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join