It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT IS WITH THIS WORLD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My mother just told me that she was robbed at the laundromat for her bed sheets!
WHO --- STEALS BEDSHEETS!

Now nobody in the apartment has bed sheets now, they took all of it.
Damnit I wish I was there.

edit on 1-9-2011 by alien because: ...swears removed...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

They'll rob you for the last pound in your pocket...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
hope they were low thread count

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
they stole the mud-flap from my mountain-bike a while back while it wasn't even raining, I regularly left that bike in that spot for over a year, and it has just to be the wrong moral-less materialistic ^&(* that comes by and it's gone.

Aint buying a new one.

Sad indeed.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
My mother just told me that she was robbed at the laundromat for her bed sheets!
WHO -- STEALS BEDSHEETS!

Now nobody in the apartment has bed sheets now, they took all of it.
Damnit I wish I was there.

Wow, that's pretty crazy.. bed sheets.. sorry to hear about that bud.

I had an incident where somebody stole my cell phone, and tool box out of my truck (yeah I know, lock your doors, trust me, I know now lol), which seems normal, but I had taken the door panels off my truck earlier, and put my screws and my window crank in my tool box.. then I realized I had the pieces I needed to put it back together stolen.

I think society should stand back, observe the absurd crimes that happen, find out what causes them, and focus on it. But that's me being hopeful lol.

peace!

edit on 1-9-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People who will not work will steal.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
People steal everything, after we had our fire in '05 and my grandmother was in the hospital. They stole the sheet a friend gave her. We still don't know who did it.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
One of the retail stores I am in charge of looses $250 bucks a day in merchandise, and it's below shrink goal.

What do they steal the most of?? Body wash and batteries. Why???

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You have to wonder what would make stealing bed sheets seem like a good plan... I mean come on who steals bed sheets?
edit on 1-9-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

People are just crazy man.

I went to Darlington this year with my family to see the Sprint Cup (they are all big NASCAR fans) we were camping and my uncles trailer was broken into and messed up like someone was looking for something. The strange thing is that there was 500$ and a whole bunch of unopened bottles of liquor in there and they did not take them even though they were in sitting right on the counter. The only things that were missing was my uncles bag with his clothes in it and all the pillows they brought. We never found out who did it, but we expect a homeless naked redneck.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Stealing bedsheets? A homeless guy making a tent.
Go see if you have a tent city nearby,he might be selling/trading them there.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Is Halloween coming up?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My grandpa saw two guys shoot eachother to death at a bar when he was younger over a game of pool. Sorry this world isn't a pleasant one.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thats absurd! I'm sorry your mother had to experience that. Im sure it was worse than actually losing the sheets. I know from experience that sometimes theft is necessary, but never from people. I know it sounds wrong, but I was homeless for the last 2 and a half years of high school, and 2 years after that. I worked as much as I could but couldnt save up enough for move in costs and at 16 its hard to find a place. Being abandoned in a tourist city makes it hard to survive. I did my share of thefts then, but I never NEVER never took anything from people or family businesses. I stole food from corporate chains, same with clothing. If I stole a sandwich from a Whole Foods, it wouldnt harm their finances, but to a family owned business that $6/day habit could hurt them. I guess there are a number of things that could drive one to thievery, but for me it was a necessity. I didnt have sheets for years lol never thought about stealing them. I was more focused on food and clothes for the snowy months. If someone robbed my mother I would be a bit pissed about it. I lost my car stereo and speakers a couple years ago. I literally left the car in my driveway for 45 minutes to get ready for work. Seriously, less than an hour. My neighborhood has always been safe, but this guy new too much, I'm suspicious that I know the person responsible. My car is 30 years old and had a CD player in the glove box and 2 6x9s in the back that couldnt be scene from outside. How did they know where my stereo and speakers were? A little history on me and my .02

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

What is the world coming to? stealing bedsheets?

Wytch

top topics

join