It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tour of a broken city.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hi guys, this is my first thread so don't flame me if you think it sucks

I wanted to share these videos of my hometown, Christchurch, New Zealand..

Almost a year on from the first quake on September the 4th 2010 we have had over 8,500 aftershocks, including a 6.3 in February, and a 5.5 and 6.0 in June, which caused more destruction to the Christchurch CBD. It is still locked down with over an estimated 1,000 buildings still waiting to be demolished, of over 1,300 total..

It's surreal for me to see the city I love so eerily empty of traffic and people, and it's hard to imagine just what its gonna look like once it's finally reopened..

This footage was recorded by a contractor working in the decimated CBD, by attaching a camera to a ladder on the roof of his car. The first video was shot on August 1 and takes you down a little of Manchester St, Tuam St, Colombo St, Cathedral Square and Hereford St.

The second takes you down Manchester St, Lichfield St, Madras St, Hereford St, Latimer Square, Gloucester St, Manchester St and Hereford St. It was shot on August 1.

The third video was also shot on August 1. It takes you down Hereford St, Colombo St, Hereford St, Madras St and Tuam St.

This site is quite interesting as well, its a time-lapse map showing quakes in the area in real time, notice the 5.0 we had at three am this morning? It nearly threw me out of bed.

edit on 1/9/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
These are surreal pictures. Seems like something out of a Sci-Fi novel.

I am sorry about how this must feel for you. I can only imagine what you must feel like right now.

This will be the Earth after humans, more or less though.

join