It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is just something i was thinking as a possibility. Tell me what you think of it. Keep in mind, your response to it is regulated by our current collective unconscious, and so inherently biased. This makes it a tricky thing to think about, because were used to a certain paradigm. Its almost impossible to percieve a paradigm shift which is the opposite of your current emotional reality. This idea which i explore below is an example of a drastic change in thinking, and in percieving the world. It probably wouldnt resemble the world we live in today, but, it could also be paradisical.

The collective unconscious, as i understand it, is the collective archetypes that underlie the basic human condition. Whatever we express outwardly, in feeling, thought, and action, exists in an unconscious state in an alternate reality, subtler, and more abtract than normal cognitive brain functions.

This level of reality is called by the Kabbalah, the "Shekinah", which means "divine presence". Its a feminine noun. The basic idea is this. The Shekinah is the expression, the word or logos of the philosophers, which comes into actuality as containing some minute separateness from the original unity. So its basically the most subtle idea of unity, which underlies all of reality. It is the collective unconscious.

At this level of reality, everything we do in this world is found up there.

This is an interesting predicament. Bearing in mind you agree with my definition, if everything we do here perpetuates what happens up there, does that not mean that if we could percieve something deeper, and holier, from a deeper level of intellectual reality, here in this world, we could change what exists up above???

For instance. Lets talk about law, and the purpose of law. The idea of law is to habituate people to a certain set of behaviors. More often then not, people have a fear ie; a communion, with law, but its based on fear, which means its self focused.

Fear is the negation of something which exists, and is real, and powerful. Thus, Fear is a contraction; a taking away, if we could imagine it physically, it would be a vacuum sucking the breath out of your lungs. It is the direct opposite of the former (although there is a 'mirror' type of relationship between the two).

But what if law was designed to push our minds to a deeper awareness of reality, and in doing so, radically transform the very structure of spiritual reality?

Since time immemorial, man has been animalistic. We dont need to go through the history of mankind to show this, because each of us are like that. Were selfish; which causes us to be desirous, needy, egotistical; and so arrogant, angry, jealous etc.... Why do we act this way?? Because we our enslaved to our bodies. Were in constant and endless battle. Not just physically, with hunger, tiredness, and other physical needs, but emotionally. We are weak, and yet we pretend were not. Were all much more sensitive than we'd care to admit.

So, lets say this world was created, not to be left as it is, but to be corrected. What then? I dont just meant "corrected" in the sense of, just look above in an abstract sense, and everything will be fine. Thats not correction. Thats dualism. Thats leaving this world alone and looking past it. TRUE unity is much more ambitious, becauase it seeks to bring THIS world into the upper world. To sanctify this world, and so SEPARATE it from the imperfections that exist, not to be sustained, but to negated. The very nature of evil is negation, and contraction. It is a taking away. On a plus minus scale, evil is - . So, wouldnt the perfect and most logical human response to evil be negation? It would be giving it exactly what it truly desires.

After generations of pursuing these higher ideals, the collective unconscious will begin to transform. Its contents will be the spirit of holiness that comes from without; from the infinite one himself. This holiness, vivacious by its nature, would impel men to purse this holiness further. An endless and constant pursuit of spiritual closeness with the creator and source.

In the beginning, before this awareness is achieved, it has to be ingrained. Right now, people could not enjoy the reality being spoken of, because it would simply disinterest them. They want different things; partying, drinking, travelling, TV etc. But eventually, the actions being done will draw down a spiritual awareness, and perception, which in turn motivates further action. Its as if you are being rewarded for your effort with a desire to put more effort; to pursue greater goodness.

Worlds beyond worlds may be beyond our current perception of things, and yet some of us stand where we are certain that the way things are is Perfect. Perfect.

The paradox is, the world indeed is perfect, yet its wanting of external perfection, which its not perfect until we do our part to greater perfect it.

Its as if our very ability to reason, and live as individual human beings, had a divine purpose. And is not as pagan traditions teach, that we are simply to 'transcend' without fixing ie; abiding by a certain set of laws designed to fix. Our Egos are tools designed to affect this fixing. But in the end, the ultimate purpose is connection, and union with God. To not just be one with him, but to raise this world, and all its contents, with us.

To me, this sounds like a beautiful idea. Its clearly idealistic. And so, you can probably guess by now that i am referring to a Jewish doctrine, called the Torah - which means "instruction". The very purpose of instruction is to perfect. You dont need to be instructed if you know; only if you need to be guided, and shown where it is you need to go.

edit on 1-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Excellent! S&F

As above, so below.

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

"What is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven, but what is bound on earth is bound in heaven also."

"All creation groans in travail for the revelations of the sons of God."

Perhaps we are the last, who being last are first, and that the rest of the entire collective unconsciousness AND consciousness, is waiting for US and waiting on us..?

This is what my avatar represents, Earth as the omegapoint of a new creation, both below AND above. What a heavenly cheer will go up when that day arrives, enough to raise the whole roof!

And what you're talking about here is the need to bridge the gap between what is and what ought to be, with the missing element built right into the equation driving our human spiritual evolution, as a cause and effect.

It's excellent theology, just please don't make it all-exclusive..

edit on 1-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You are spot on. Our world currently is based around status and prestige, power, or possessions and accumulation of wealth. Our society gives those with money influence over them. Many view the wealthy as idols and want to be like them. But, like you said, if we just changed our focus slightly we will come to a better understanding of our purpose in this world. Certainly a focus on being closer to our creator spiritually, would be a more better world, especially, if our society was crafted around this philosophy.

I personally think we are in the midst of changes currently and heading in that direction. The more we live in peace, at least within ourselves, the more the external world holds no influence over our emotional reactions. At this point we can connect with other like people and really start changing this world for the better.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Judaism and Christianity (orthodox, not gnostic) essentially agree on this point; that we need to perform basic moral actions, whether you call them laws or not (yet if someone shirks these basic moral actions, undoubtedly, they deserve censure, not to be sanctimonious, but to correct ones path. Walking in darkness, whether you see it or not, is still walking in darkness. Murder, Theft, Rape, Petty Egotism, Being mean to others, whatever way you cut it, its wrong, evil, unnecessary, selfish etc) to make this world a better place; an abode for God.

This is the significance of the Jewish Temple to the Jews. They theologize that the first two temples corresponded to the sefiroth Chesed (expansive ie; Solomins temple was more illustrious) and Gevurah( contractive - 2nd temple, although larger in size, and lasting 10 more years, was of less significance to the people in the world) and so the final one - Tifereth (Beauty - Glory) will complete the trinity, unifying both qualities of Chesed and Gevurah in balance and perfection.

The Temple institute in Jerusalem is apparently preparing the building of a future temple on the Temple Mount (Dome of the rock issues aside) but the plans for this temple are not that of Ezekiel (or its delineation in the kabbalist Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatos 'secrets of the future temple') temple in the book of Ezekiel, but rather the 2nd temple.

I personally wonder why they chose to do this... If you build this temple in the interim, doesnt that imply that it will be later destroyed?

Whatever the case, a Temple in the interim is better than no temple ie; the dome of the rock, which only muslims are allowed to ascend).

In the Kabbalistic tradition, which underlies Judaism, the Hebrew calendar says we are in the "year from creation" 5771. Each 1000 years corresponds to a divine Sefirah; or aeon. This sefirah imparts a cosmic archetype on reality, and reality functions within its peculier influence. David says "For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night."--Psalm 90:4 and later on in the New Testament Peter 2: "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day".

The 6 sefirot correspond to the 6000 years of "creation" (we cannot be certain what this means. It could be actual creation, in which we have a skewed historical understanding of, or perhaps its 'creation' on THIS world, planet Earth, in which man was drastically different 5771 years earlier. I think its too great to call coincidence the correspondences between the Bible and the findings of archeology. If we go and look up the oldest civilization, we come to Sumer - the far east, along the Tigris and Euphrates, exactly the place the Bible claism civilization to have started. Perhaps mankind recieved a knowledge - gnosis - about his nature, that raised man from the level of simple hunter gatherer to a fully self conscious spiritual being, yet, existing within a physical body. This giver of knowledge may have been one of the "Elohim", which can mean God, but also "powers". Elohim is anything that accords with the divine will; it is a simple emanation of it. So, Elohim may not mean just how its usual interpreted exegetically, that is, our physical and spiritual form, but also practically , physical man had to have this knowledge physically communicated to him. And this communication, in my opinion, was probably from another humanoid race, from beyond. So far advanced spiritually that they are virtually angels - one of the Elohim. They helped initiate a process that has continued since then. The worlds have continued their rotation, from aeon to aeon, and man goes through his spiritual journey, awaiting the 7th day, in which man will ascend and become one of the Elohim.

Its a crazy thought eh??? Yet i feel the deepest part of me says this day is coming.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Dude, what are you smokin'???
Seriously!

I am going to have to partake before I can even begin to follow you on this.
I feel like my mind just got raped.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Come back and try again after you "partake"..!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I feel that the opening post is saying that the collective unconscious = the holy ghost.

That negativity and fear are the current "in vogue" motivators,
but that if we choose a more noble goal
we can easily achieve it.

p.s. I'm sober.

David Grouchy
edit on 1-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well this is a metaphysics forum

Whether i smoked something or not doesnt matter

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
One thing to consider i think is that to bring about this new world, we may have to give up the need to be right, for the sake of love and the brotherhood of man...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Well, some aspect of being right has to exist.

And i dont think it is right to secularize the concept of morality, as if it were "just" morality.

In the western world, the concept of "just" is treated as "just" - ie; the word just is a homonym (implying something metaphysical about the concepts and their connection) . Only in such a morally ambiguous culture would the concept of justice be equated with the concept of "just", as in, Possibly (used to indicate a slight chance of something happening or being true). Its moral relativism, cloaked within the English language. Another indicator is in the word Evil; rearrange its letters and you get vile, veil, and live. Ie; Evil is vile, its also a veil, and and yet in some way, its connected with 'live', as in, to live, is connected with concept of evil, because evil creates the concept of duality, which is the impetus towards the feeling of "live", in contrast to 'death'. I hope you can see the moral relativism here.

The English culture, being the heir to hellenistic civilization, contains more or less the same core philosoophy as the Greek Hellenists. Its amazing the longevity this culture has.

Anyways. I think its very important to emphasize the value of good and right actions, ie; to love, help and support others, nature and the world around us. To be kind, sensitive; not egostical, or mean, or pretentious, or gossip about others. I think all these actions are objectively bad, no matter how you look at it, one should control him or herself from acting in these ways.

I think in order to truly love what is right and good, you must hate that which is wrong and evil. Its a completely logical thought, and it separates far away, mentally and emotionally, that which you honestly hate.

Let me give you an example.

A common form of therapy that some therapists use - and which they have used to success - is to tell their patients to objectify their emotional complex, and speak directly to it. The problem is this: the emotion is dominating the person. The person is therefore in a state of submission. The only way to reverse the situation, is to tell the emotion that YOU are in control, and not it. It breaks the fear, and transfers power from the content to the person.

Hating that which is bad completely removes a possibility from occuring. Those who take an indifferent attitutude, as you appear to be suggesting, are more likely to committ that said action, and, also possibly not feel any remorse after they committ it.

This is not how a problem is corrected. It a lackluster, and lame attempt to make the world better.

If we do not motivate ourselves, through goal setting ie; establishing principles or laws, to abide by, we will never reach that golden plateau.

new topics

top topics

join