It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soylent Green in your drinking water? No Problemo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here in the below link is an alternative to the environmentally unfriendly practice of burning our departed loved ones bodies.
Apparently all those toxic metals in our fillings and other implants(such as hip replacements)are really bad for the environment.
But they are fine to have glued into your mouth.
Mercury is bad in the environment,unless its in your mouth-then its perfectly fine.

Anyhow I digress.
This new body disposal machine invented in Glasgow UK is en route to Florida USA,and other places.

What does the machine do?

The unit by Resomation Ltd is billed as a green alternative to cremation and works by dissolving the body in heated alkaline water.

The makers claim the process produces a third less greenhouse gas than cremation, uses a seventh of the energy, and allows for the complete separation of dental amalgam for safe disposal.

Mercury from amalgam vaporised in crematoria is blamed for up to 16% of UK airborne mercury emissions, and many UK crematoria are currently fitting mercury filtration systems to meet reduced emission targets.

Well heck that sounds great-less energy consumption/pollution.

But just a moment,WTF is this here???

Body tissue is dissolved and the liquid poured into the municipal water system.
Mr Sullivan,
a biochemist by training,
says tests have proven the effluent is sterile and contains no DNA,
and poses no environmental risk.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And there you have it folks-The juice of the dead in your drinking water.
Sure its been filtered and whatever,but its still the juice of the dead.

Just thought I should share this-Its definitely one for the "There's something in the water" crowd I thought.
Your thoughts,fellow ATS members?

There are two videos on the link,BBC though so if you are out of the UK use a UK proxy to watch,(if that is legal in your country of course.)

Peace.

edit on 1/9/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well i suppose all water has been elsewhere before and that includes dead bodies etc but this is a bit too direct for my liking and a touch to matrix

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This topic has a current thread going here already...but, in the states that have already had this legal They have been doing this for decades with animal carcasses and donated human cadavers.
Bon apetit
edit on 1-9-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The article says between two-and-a-half and three hours. No I'm no expert in modern crems but for me thats quite a long time. I'd imagine it would cause a backlog of stiffs wanting to use the service.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
FYI.. previously posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is coming from an atheist, oh Jesus. I thought about being an Embalmer. Since I am fascinated with the study of death and so this is the most disturbing thing I've heard. In my water, and to think I just had some water.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

edit on 1-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks for the link,didn't appear on my new posts page..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Grody. Is that a word? Nastification. I know that is. Wasn't there the case of the moron who emptied the 8 million gallon resevoire because some guy peed in it? I believe the PR person even said "it's the 'ick' factor" for the reason they drained it...now this. Seems like there may be a slight "ick" factor you will have to overcome.

Also, for good measure, why can't we use our own waste to fertilize our gardens? Why not just plant ole gammy back there when she croaks? Man, that is gross. I wonder if there will be a bottled water with "NO HUMAN REMAINS" printed on the front.

CJ

edit on 1-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Why not just plant ole gammy back there when she croaks? Man, that is gross. I wonder if there will be a bottled water with "NO HUMAN REMAINS" printed on the front.

I doubt it-they never really tell you whats in the water.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Why not just plant ole gammy back there when she croaks? Man, that is gross. I wonder if there will be a bottled water with "NO HUMAN REMAINS" printed on the front.

I doubt it-they never really tell you whats in the water.

I know fluoride's in the water, lord only knows what else.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah, someone will claim it doesn't have sister sue in the bottle. Maybe more like "98% Human Free" - gives em a little wiggle room.

Additionally, if the "liquid" can just be dumped into water with no treatment, can't you just drink it on its own?
Someone will start selling it - mixed with Gin. "Ginny in Gin" or something like that...maybe a tall Tom Collins with extra Tom?

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I expect they mean it goes into the waste water system in the same way that turds and urine does. I'm not sure the 'juice of the dead' as you put it is any nastier than the # of the living.

We've been dumping corpses in the sea since the dawn of time. I'm not sure pumping the waste fluid out to sea is any different than heaving a body over the side of a boat.

The seas and rivers are full of dead things already.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I really don't see a problem?

It's not like it will be dead people in the drinking water, it'll be fine for whichever system it goes into as we do have rules over this and it would be pointless to do otherwise....

On another note.... tasty tasty dead people

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I may actually be overly sensitive on this subject.
I have tasted city water,and from a rural spring water upbringing,that stuff is undrinkable.
I have to bring my own water when I go to a city-That sounds mad I know,but its true.

So maybe its not as bad to most folks as it is to me.
I just keep thinking of Brave New World,where they use the dead as fertilizer for the crops.Thats where we are now?
Yep.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm sure it's going to go through a water treatment facility anyway. When you think about it, there are probably already dead bodies in your water. At least this way they're already decomposed and everything.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Rain water percolates through the rotting caskets of old and into the drinking water...
Yummo!
At least this way it all ends up sanitized before hand.
I will admit I was a little skeeved about the water here for a while after I found out they liquidate thousands of pounds of animal carcasses into the water system every week. I did eventually get over it tho!
People all over the country love the beer they make here (fat tire)...So we have been exposed.
Just don't think about it!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

A little Belgium Brewery mix sounds good about now. Sans the corpses.

CJ

top topics

join