It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The effects of music.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I can go from a cold blooded killer to a saint based on the music I am listening to. Is anyone else this affected by music?

I have talked to a lot of people, but most say they just need a good beat, and then there is me who needs a great beat and very meaningful lyrics.

Is this common? Does music change your personality?
edit on 1-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Definitely changes your mood and brings up emotions. Don't know about personality but after a couple of whisky's and a few Rolling Stones tunes I'm ready for pretty much anything....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by adraves

Definitely changes your mood and brings up emotions. Don't know about personality but after a couple of whisky's and a few Rolling Stones tunes I'm ready for pretty much anything....

For me it really changes my personality, emotions and mood. I can go from suicidal to ready to party in an simple song change.

If you are changing mood and emotions wont that also change the way others perceive your personality? Wont it change your own view of yourself? Damn. The bad song came on...I might get mean now...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I will always have faith that music can be a very strong, almost religious force in someone's life.

I bought a Megadeth album out of pure curiosity when I was about 15 years old. Then I just had to buy a guitar so I could play that music. Next thing you know, my hair is below my shoulders. The chain reaction still continues on today. I have never been so passionate about anything else in my life. I used to be so determined to be a good guitarist that I would wake up in the middle of a school night and pick up my guitar just because I would realize I forgot to squeeze some practice time in earlier.

But yeah, music is just background noise to boring people. There are songs that seriously give me feelings I can't describe that go far beyond just "angry" or "sad".
edit on 9/1/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Depressed? Find that cold-blooded killer from within!

Need some spiritual inspiration?

Need to let it all out?

Feeling funky?

Need a smile?

Need to completely fry your brain? (The video helps)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

There does seem to be a divide between music listeners. Some do really experience the feelings of the singers through lyrics and song, other experience songs because they simply like the beat.

I need a beat and a lyric. My sister only needs the beat. It has caused a huge fight between us. I say a song with lyrics needs to have a meaning that relates to the beat. She says the lyrics don't matter, just enjoy the beat.

Obviously, based on this, I feel my sister is crazy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
All of you worry me. Kind of a no brainer for the illuminati to use music to manipulate the population, not a brilliant idea but an obvious one.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

This would have been a lot of fun if I was in a cold blooded mood. I may come back to it later.

Thanks for the reply though...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

PMRC loyalist?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

I don't think an organization needs to be involved. I regularly use different songs to change my own mood. If I can do that,why can't the creators pushing an agenda too?

It just stand to reason I guess.

Edit~the bad song I refereed to earlier was SAIL! it may not mean a thing to you, but I am a lyrics person.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by adraves

I was more of a music first and then drinking type in college. The music put me in the mood to get crazy....

I don't think it is a conspiracy. How could every song released be controlled? i can't and never will. The songs are only a sign of the times...they reflect our culture and thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join