It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Government "entitlements" be an albatross around our necks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The other day, as I woke up, I had a strange thought come to me.

Now anyone who has read my threads in the past knows that I like to play "what if" games.

And as I look at what is going on in the world today I see more amd more people becoming more and more dependent on their government for their day to day survival.

Unemployment benefits, social security, welfare, WIC, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, disability, income tax refunds for people who aren't paying income tax, and on and on....

What if...this result was being orchestrated by the same people who also set up the Georgia Guidestones or a group believing in similar ideals?

What if it was their plan to get as many people as possible to be entirely dependent on government?

And what if it was also their plan, on a predetermined date, to collapse the whole system? Imagine all of the institutions proping up the people who are already the most vulnerable in our society collapsing at the same time.

The ensuing chaos and unrest would certainly start causing an untold number of deaths. It would also leave a majority of the population without a means to support themselves and their family with basic needs (food, water, shelter, etc).

Suddenly the Guidestone maker's goal of 500 million humans left on the planet becomes more plausible. They wouldn't have to kill off the population themselves, the population would kill themselves off for them. All they would need to do is weather the storm long enough for the "useless mouths" to kill each other off, leaving the planet to the "elite" left behind.

It gave me a little chill when I thought of this....

I do not necessarily believe this is going to happen...but it did make me pause and think..and I can see how it could work out that way...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Those dependent upon others are always subject to the vagaries of those others. However, the self reliant will always have themselves to rely upon.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"entitlements" came about for a reason

before such things, it was a disasterous society, with the few haves and a bunch of starving and homeless people all over the place..this was the "norm" (see a christmas carol..the average normal guy was the dirt poor starving guy working for a rich person. This is actually a normal capitalist society without any net).

The entitlements came about to try and build this strange creature called a middle class...

If they were suddenly removed, it would be a disaster, yes...it would be a return back to a normal setup of a capitalist society..aka, a few rich folks and everyone else starving and poor living in shantytowns and such.

Its funny if you consider it...we became a nation where our poor live like wealthy people in some 3rd world nation...a success story about how we do things, so what do we do, we consider going back to where our poor litter the streets and people die of starvation.

The georgia guidestones are actually a very good set of principles and ideals to try and strive for, with the one exception of a population being half a billion. We can now support more with advancing tech, but the person whom designed it clearly wasn't considering advancements in tech when he was creating it..its forgivable I guess, rarely do people truely consider technological growth...they think for some reason we are forever stuck in whatever technology is out there today.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Those dependent upon others are always subject to the vagaries of those others. However, the self reliant will always have themselves to rely upon.

YES!!!!
Very true.
When you allow yourself to have a master, when the master says jump, you say "how high".
That is the reason why the Govt as a whole does not like the self-reliant. No control or very minimal at best.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I guess it wasn't as interesting a thought as I thought...

top topics

join