It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's been quite a while since ive posted on the ATS forums, but i used to do so regularly (as you can see ive been a member for a LONG time). Something very recently has compelled me to come back and 'get back in the loop' so to speak, discuss thoughts both old and new - but Im not sure what exactly.

Ever gotten that feeling like you know something is going to happen - not necessarily a premonition, but something important nonetheless? Something perhaps momentous for yourself or the world in general, maybe a friend struggling and you feel an urge to help completely unaware of what may be happening. Perhaps something small like that compulsion to turn around only to find youre being stared at? Some sort of motivation or drive to act, to do something you would not logically have done on any other random afternoon?

What is that feeling? What is that sensation in our gut that compels us to do something atypical. Notice how so many times that feeling leads us to something beneficial, a great 'save the day' moment, or "if i hadnt felt the urge to go out and do such and such...I never would have (fill in the blank)."

I believe in a sixth sense, but im not just talking about the basic feeling. Im talking about not only the feeling, but the undeniable drive and compelling force that says, "go do this right now."

So here i am, i felt compelled to come back and start posting again, so why not post about this topic? Maybe ill learn something vital or hear one of your experiences that saves my day some time in the future. Maybe someone else will do the learning and we just saved their day. So what do you think this force is, what does it mean to you? Have you ever acted on it and realized thankfully you had, ever not acted on it- and if so any repercussions?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

When that gut instinct tells you to do something, by God you'd better do it. That instinct has never, ever been wrong in my entire life.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I always always always act on gut feelings. SOMETIMES it doesn't always work out for me, but it DOES always work out. Think about this:

I woke up one morning and immediately left to go get some cigarettes. As SOON as I was turning out of my neighbourhood, there was a cop passing by in the opposite direction. He saw that I didn't have my seatbelt on and turned around and pulled me over.

If I had left my house LITERALLY 1 SECOND later, that wouldn't have happened.

Granted, that wasn't an amazing story, but think about that...

Coincidence... Hah...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

I could fill the pages of a book with how many times I did not act on my impulses, such as speaking up when I could have, or some such. At such time I deliberately albeit quickly weighed the probable outcomes, and lacking a desire to get further tied down than I already was, I would walk away. I guess I would call it a response to unwanted stress from external stimuli.

I find it interesting that you did not post for such a long time. If I'm not being too intrusive, I'm interested in hearing what was keeping you from contributing to the discussions on the boards. In any case, welcome back!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Welcome Back, I look forward to reading many of your posts and getting to know you as I'm sure many others are. I understand what you are saying entirely. I came to this site because I wanted to reply to something about sleep paralysis, and I discovered oh so much more that I was already interested in and had experiences of my own. So that right there, is an example of what you are saying. I felt an absolute " If I don't reply to this thread right now I don't know what will happen I just have to. " So I replied to that thread and discovered the wonderful world of ATS.

Back to the OT I don't know why but I have felt Elenin is extremely significant. I absolutely do not believe that is going to slam into the earth and end our world as we know it. How ever, I don't think it's going to pass by completely unnoticed either. I have no Idea what it is, or what will happen as it approaches Earth, but I feel it's going to be extremely significant. I also feel the next few years will be some of the more significant years for a very long time. I don't know why, but deep down inside I know this is going to be good.

There was a thread about Elenin saying there was an RF signal coming from the same Area as Elenin and the supposed cluster. I jumped up and down like a little kid when I heard that. As I scrolled down in this thread someone had mentioned that Elenin appeared to be breaking up. They posted pictures of Elenin comparing it's brightness from one picture to the next. They claimed that the change in brightness was Elenin breaking up. They also tried to claim that it had changed in size.

Well when I heard this I have to admit my heart sunk into my stomach. I felt awful, I don't know why but as you say I feel Elenin is something of extreme inportance. I feel it's going to change Everything. Whether, Elenin itself will make this changes or that it's simply a marker for the great change. This is the first time I've really said anything about this as I've tried to keep my opinions to myself. I don't want to add to the hype of either side of speculation. I'm excited none the less and I feel that something Big is around the corner.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hey all, thanks for the quick responses. To answer some questions - there was nothing in particular really keeping me from posting and keeping me away from the ATS forums per say, other than just a lot of things going on in my life and being very busy all of the time. I've always been a seeker of truth and hungered for a higher understanding of all topics, especially with so many bizarre things that have happened to me over the years. Unfortunately I just didn't have much free time at all.

There are a few reasons that I am back, the first being that I felt some sort of urge to come on and begin re-discussing some past topics. I have a sense at this point in time there is some sort of movement or something dramatic about to happen in the world and I can feel it. Lately there have also been some more things happening to me that have also driven my desire to return.

Another strange angle/urge that I felt really has to do with how much I feel I can help people at this stage of my life. I have grown so much over the past few years, and learned so much that it just feels chaotic. My eyes have opened in many different ways, and with new experiences I believe I have so much more to offer people that may be exactly where I was in certain situations not too long ago, and they may be able to benefit from that. If any of my posts or threads can provide some small amount of help to just one person, than that's just amazing and awesome - and I feel the need to want to do that. And of course I'm always on a quest for knowledge as well, and there are many more things that all the great posters on this forum will be educating me on!

More to come on some experiences of mine.....but for now I need sleep!
edit on 31-8-2011 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I am new in ATS and I had a weird experience this morning that I would like to share. First off, I am not a person with any special abilities and I am not even sure I believe in all this weird stuff. So here it goes. This morning, I got up early to a crow screaming in my backyard. This thing was crowing so loudly, I wondered what was happening with this animal. Well, in about 15 minutes, I got a call from my 55 year old mother. She fell from stairs in her home and had a head injury (the crow went silent after the call). Now you might say that's not that weird, it was probably a coincidence, and I would agree with you except this exact incident happened to me before. Two years ago, I worked in a ground level office with several co-workers. We had big windows on one side of the wall looking at bunch of trees. I remember when I came into office that morning there were three big crows on a tree closest to my side of the windows being really animated and loud. They were so loud, we (my coworkers and I) all went to the window, looked at them and commented about it. Well, within 10-15 minutes, I got a phone from my mother (yes, again) that she slipped from bed and injured her knee. I left work immediately and went home, took her to hospital etc.(by the way, she is generally a pretty healthy person, just little clumsy sometimes). When the same thing happened this morning, I thought about that past incident and it really freaked me out. I know in many cultures crows are a sign of bad luck or death. I don't know what to think. I don't know why it is only the bad incidents related to my mother. What do you think? Do crows let us know about bad things? I read some myths say crows have a second eye and they can see future. I don't really believe things like that. Of course, both incidents could be coincidences, but in both incidents I felt they were focusing on me or directed at me (just typing this sounds insane
) In any case, this is my story. I appreciate any experiences, opinions.

top topics

join