It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Smoking Gun"... Literally

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Another great thread, Rising.
I, probably like yourself, ponder on what could be taken from
Gordon Arnold's camera and whether the images still actually exist.

Was it officially stated that no Secret Sevice men were on the knoll that
day? I've see it written, but I don't know if it was ever said by the Secret Service
-themselves.

Quote From cdnutz44:

but what if the guy with the badge in the Moorman photo was Officer J.D. Tippet and
Oswald's real part in the operation was to eliminate him? Is that even possible?
Do we know where Tippet was at the time of the assassination?

Now that, is a great question and a doo-able theory... needs some research.

Thanks again Rising.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Amazing thread! I've been a little interested in JFK's assassination and the only conclusion that i'm able to take is that then US president was murdered by it's own governmental agencies. I'm still amazed by the amount of information that you, OP, have placed in your various threads about this conspiracy. Cheers and keep it going!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sjdavis

This is a little confusing... are you stating that the JFK murder was not covered up
or are you just advertising your book?
I'm not even sure if this is permitted.

Mods?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I can think of a gun that would produce that much smoke and a very loud bang.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swifty57
reply to post by butcherguy

I can think of a gun that would produce that much smoke and a very loud bang.
Yes.

Also, any rifle with a ported barrel or muzzle brake tends produce a denser cloud of smoke closer to the muzzle, especially when viewed from the side.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Upon closer inspectiontThat picture of badge man has an oddity to it. I have done extensive shooting both at targets (moving and still) plus hunting in real world conditions and badge man is the first person i've seen who is shooting without using a sightline. In the picture you'll notice how both his eyes are visable which seems odd since you'd imagine he'd have his one eye closer to being level with the gun to line up the sights on the barrel.The way his head is up above the sightline would be the way it would normally be when using a scope (but I don't see a scope in the picture) maybe the angle is different than what it appears to be ??.The plume (smoke) at the muzzle of the gun also seems rather large for a rifle but not for a shotgun, which brings me back to my previous post about the type of gun used here. Now I'm going to throw some idea's out so bare with me.What if badge mans gun is actually a shotgun with slugs ??.A shotgun would explain the amount of smoke since the bore of a shotgun is much large than a rifle and smoke would expand quickly upon the slug exiting the bore causing a large plume. Also the gunpowder used in shotguns has a strong pundgent odour which people say they could smell in the air. Another interesting fact stated by eyewitnesses is the one shot being louder which a shotgun is more of a loud blast than a sharp/quick cracking sound of a rifle. Lastly the way JFK's head looks to explode indicates a large projectile was used which a 12 guage slug is compared to a either a 6.5 or 30 cal.bullet. Another point to make is that most police (badge man) carry shotguns in the cities so people would think nothing of seeing a policeman carrying a shotgun away from the area compared to a rifle with possibly a scope on it. Lastly if it was a shotgun using a slug and the atempt to kill JFK had been unsuccessful and the slug was recovered from a wound there's no way to do a ballistic's test on the slug to trace it back to the gun it was used in since the slug has the rifling (grooves) on it to provide the rotation and not the bore of the shotgun which is smooth.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
the super smoking gun,

Good read

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Swifty57

I know I'm a little late to the party on this topic, but I wanted to respond to your comment.

I also have extensive shooting experience, in both law enforcement and military, and right now am a Range Officer and certified Firearms Expert for my department, so please don't think I am pulling things out of thin air.

If you have shot extensively at targets, both moving and slow, you will agree that it is much easier to hit a target that stands absolutely still. Unfortunately in a real life shooting incident, the target or "bad guy" doesn't seem to want to stand still so you can shoot him, so one must be able to consistently shoot at moving targets to receive an excellent marksman rating.

Target shooting is great for practice time and maintaining muscle memory and response but does very little to prepare one for the reality of being in a "real life" incident. Targets don't shoot back and they just stand there and take it. I have known some private pistol competitors that could practically put all their shots through a center hole from 25 yards, but as soon as you throw any stressors into the situation some can't even hit the target. There is a huge gap between shooting on the range in a closed, protected environment and being on the street with civilians around causing distractions and the very real threat that the lead you are slinging will be returned in your direction. The first shot is the most crucial, as once you have fired that shot you have now given away your position and your intent, and the environment around you will react immediately to that. Now you have people screaming and chaos, plus the pressure and adrenaline already coursing through you to begin with, and most people do not react well physiologically to that. Physical stress (Adrenaline) and Mental stress will interfere with the neuro pathways of the brain, which causes tunnel vision and lack of muscle dexterity; Not good things to have happen when you are attempting to fire a weapon at a very precise target that happens to be moving, albeit slowly, and have general public panic occuring around you. The physiological response commonly referred to as "Fight or Flight" will automatically kick in at that point, and that response is extremely difficult to control on a mental level. The physical reactions of the body will over ride anything mental, and it takes a lot of training to be able to over come that. That is why not everyone gets to be a sniper, only a very select few have the ability to deal with this and over come it within seconds. It can take years for someone to be trained to learn how to shut down the above physical responses I've listed. The point I was hoping to get to with that is IF the picture is real, the shooter was not an average military or law enforcement shooter. The type of control and shot placement had to come from someone very highly skilled with a weapon. Most people could get the first shot off because they have been concealed and had time to sight and prepare their first shot. After the first shot I don't think an average or even above average shooter could continue with the successful shots that were seen here. If there was a shooter on the grassy knoll it was someone definitely highly trained with a very elevated level of skill and experience. If you research Lee Harvey Oswald you will find that while his shooting was satisfactory while in the military, it was no where near this caliber.

Also, and the original reason I started this reply to you, was the angle at which the supposed badge man was shooting and your comment that he wasn't in a line of sight to fire. Most of the time if you are shooting at targets you are on an even plain with the target. If you look at the pictures RA has provided from behind the picket fence, you should see that where the gunman would have been standing is at the top of a fairly decent grade from the street. It is hard to tell because pictures are extremely difficult to use to obtain measurements; If anyone knows how much higher the knoll is from the street I would love to know. Now taking that into consideration, he would have to angle the weapon slightly down along with his chin to obtain a proper line of sight at the moving target below him. IF the badge man picture is indeed authentic, it appears that is exactly what he is doing. I'm not totally convinced as the authenticity of the picture, but I can see the plausibility of it. It appears to me that the gun man is aiming the weapon slightly de-elevated from his shoulder level and has brought his chin down to follow the line of sight, which would make sense given the angle at which he was shooting.

Sorry to have hi-jacked your thread there RA, just felt the need to get that out. I love your posts and am going through past ones now to catch up. Keep up the great work!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join