It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cables Reveal 2006 Summary Execution of Civilian Family in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Cables Reveal 2006 Summary Execution of Civilian Family in Iraq

news.antiwar.com

As revealed by a State Department diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks last week, US forces committed a heinous war crime during a house raid in Iraq in 2006, wherein one man, four women, two children, and three infants were summarily executed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It appears several generations of a civilian family were handcuffed and shot in the head. The story goes on to say the home was sbsequently bombed, presumably to destroy any evidence.

This is why we need Wikileaks. This is why they have to survive to get these truths, however horrible, out into the public. Hopefully one day it will generate enough rage in the general population to really start making some changes.

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Good find. This needs to be brought to the attention of the world. So they think they can just execute whole families? This is unbelievable. I wonder what the soldiers who carried out the executions are feeling, if anything.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

If NATO soldiers can do this, makes you wonder what else they can do to put the blame on others:

Gaddafi's supposed Chamber of Horror
Burnt "Gaddafi" Nanny

edit on 31-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Shamatt

If NATO soldiers can do this, makes you wonder what else they can do to put the blame on others:

Gaddafi's supposed Chamber of Horror
Burnt "Gaddafi" Nanny

edit on 31-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

I don't know why you include the second story? Are you insinuating this is all lies? I think I beleive every horrible word of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Ofcourse its all lies just to demonise Gaddafi into making him look like he was another Hitler.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
War is a sickness, may the familiy rest in peace... I hope one day all those responsible for such crimes in the name of freedom are held to account for their actions..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Shamatt

Ofcourse its all lies just to demonise Gaddafi into making him look like he was another Hitler.

You made youself look foolish mate. Obviously you did not watch the video. If you had, you would know that IF it was all lies, then it would get the Gadafi family off the hook.

Doh!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just hope there will come time when, instead of innocent children in world that have been executed by NATO and alies,they will pay for their crimes against humnity. I just dont understand what drygs they use to get to sleep,because surely they are on something. I couldnt sleep 2 days because i hit a cat on the road with the car.... how can someone sleep knowing that he/she is responsible for killing tousands of inocent children in a single day???? If there is a God,i hope they all burn in hell for etternety!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

If NATO soldiers can do this, makes you wonder what else they can do to put the blame on others

Just to clarify, the cable doesn't say "NATO forces", but "US Forces". It also states it was a US airstrike that eradicated their home afterwards.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe
I just hope there will come time when, instead of innocent children in world that have been executed by NATO and alies,they will pay for their crimes against humnity. I just dont understand what drygs they use to get to sleep,because surely they are on something. I couldnt sleep 2 days because i hit a cat on the road with the car.... how can someone sleep knowing that he/she is responsible for killing tousands of inocent children in a single day???? If there is a God,i hope they all burn in hell for etternety!!!

It was US forces not Nato............

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

You would think that the American Public would have stood up LOUD and STRONG when innocent reporters were brutally murdered, the dis-respect for the bodies afterwards so that even their own family could not recognize them. Children were shot at, and their Dad, just trying to help fallen victims, murdered in front of their eyes. There's no word out there for it....

If people came into our Country and did that to us...

Until it's in your own backyard...you do nothing. Instead...you focus on..................................you!

I think the majority of ATS people do get it and do *things* about it. We need to rally and do more to try and change the path of the snowball.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by John0Doe

It was US forces not Nato............

It is interesting how quickly the "God Bless the USA" chants rise up when there is some good new to report from the NATO forces. But when the US has something to be ashamed of people try to hide it under the blanket of NATO action.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Summary execution of the "boogie person" de jure is still summary execution.. use an oven, or use a gun... going 1000s of miles out of your way to kill innocent people & occupy their land based on LIES was nazi in the 1930's.. and it's nazi today...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Things like this happen in war. Always has and always will, maybe they had a reason.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mntnhooger
Things like this happen in war. Always has and always will, maybe they had a reason.

Those infants had it coming huh? Of course things like this happen in wars, and they're called war crimes. There are still laws to follow in war, if not at least your own conscience...

I just don't have words to describe how I feel about this kind of #. Why can't we just leave already?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Go ahead folks support the troops, buy some more of those fancy bumper stickers and ribbons. They say one bad apple doesn't ruin the whole bunch, well we must have a lot of one bad apples floating around. Seriously what is it going to take for the people to understand that the troops obviously don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves? Really who would follow orders to do something such as this? Surely not someone deserving of my support or tax dollars. When the troops decide to take initiative and come back home to help us sort out the wrong doings back here then I will support them until then ...... sorry you have lost my respect and my support. And I am sure this is just one example of numerous times this has happened.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hmmmm...the story says, "Multinational Forces". That means it wasn't entirely US. How many Americans were actually involved? Did they know what was going on at the time? Did they have the means to stop this from happening? Could have been a company of Iraqi Army troops with a single US advisor.

Little details like that would be nice to know before everyone goes flying off the handle to spread their hate.

Same goes for the airstrike. What as the US told prior to the strike? Were they lied to by the multinational forces on the ground?

Did anyone stop and think that "antiwar.com" just might have an agenda going on? Probably not.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Hmmmm...the story says, "Multinational Forces". That means it wasn't entirely US. How many Americans were actually involved? Did they know what was going on at the time? Did they have the means to stop this from happening? Could have been a company of Iraqi Army troops with a single US advisor.

Little details like that would be nice to know before everyone goes flying off the handle to spread their hate.

Same goes for the airstrike. What as the US told prior to the strike? Were they lied to by the multinational forces on the ground?

Did anyone stop and think that "antiwar.com" just might have an agenda going on? Probably not.

New tactick - blame someone else! No hang on........

Look, what hapens on your watch happens on your watch.

Another thread just poped up with a more detailed report attached. Not antiwar.com Sorry ModernAcademia, but I am stealing your link! lol

According to Alston's version of events, American troops approached a house in Ishaqi, which Alston refers to as "Al-Iss Haqi," that belonged to Faiz Harrat Al-Majma'ee, whom Alston identified as a farmer. The U.S. troops were met with gunfire, Alston said, that lasted about 25 minutes.

After the firefight ended, Alston wrote, the "troops entered the house, handcuffed all residents and executed all of them. After the initial MNF intervention, a U.S. air raid ensued that destroyed the house." The initials refer to the official name of the military coalition, the Multi-National Force.

The cable also backs the original report from the Joint Coordination Center, which said U.S. forces entered the house while it was still standing. That first report noted: "The American forces gathered the family members in one room and executed 11 persons, including five children, four women and two men. Then they bombed the house, burned three vehicles and killed their animals."

Source
edit on 1-9-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There are photographs of the alleged "corpses" on the other thread. I pointed out there, and I will point out here, that the children have NO HEAD WOUNDS.

How can you shoot a five year old in the head, and it doesn't leave a gaping hole?

And before anyone accuses me of insinuating this is a lie, I will tell you I am not "insinuating".
I'm stating outright that there are inconsistencies in the story in the way it was reported, and what the photographs themselves portray.

To OP: I don't think it's against T/C to swipe another OP's, OP content. But I will say, it's not very nice.
edit on 9/1/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join