It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NBA player Crittenton charged with murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Former NBA player Crittenton charged with murder

sports.yahoo.com

Javaris Crittenton, who was suspended from the NBA along with his ex-teammate Gilbert Arenas for having guns in a locker room, was arrested late Monday at a Southern California airport. He has been charged with murder in the Aug. 19 shooting death of Jullian Jones outside her house in Atlanta, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
sports.yahoo.com

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There's not even a logical connection between the robbery and the murder. No one has evidence that Crittendon was the one that shot her, or that he was even in the car. The victims had no apparent relation to the robbery of Crittendon. When I first saw the story headline about Crittendon being linked to a murder I thought, what the hell is this guy thinking, first getting trouble for having a gun, and then getting caught using one. But honestly, I don't think he had anything to do with this murder, his name just got thrown in there to stir up an interesting story at Crittendon's expense.

sports.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Why are you assuming he had nothing to do with it? Do you have access to the police evidence? I find it unlikely that they are going to charge someone just at random for no reason only to have a well paid defense lawyer rake them over the coals in the press.

Must be an NBA fan I think.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I'm not assuming he has nothing to do with it, i'm concluding that he has nothing to do with it.

"a dark-colored SUV drove by and she was shot by someone inside the vehicle, police said."
-doesn't say they know who was in the vehicle

"the motive appears to be retaliation for a robbery in April, in which Crittenton was a victim"
-if you read the second article the victims apparently had no connection to the robbery... so Crittenton purposefully killed a random woman in a drive-by shooting because he was robbed?

"Crittenton most recently played in the NBA with the Washington Wizards and was involved in a gun altercation with Gilbert Arenas. "

Did you notice half of the article is about Crittenton's misdemeanor gun charge over a year ago instead of murder details? And the details of the murder don't point to Crittenton in any way except for the fact that he had motive for the murder.

Edit: Yes I am an NBA fan. What does that have to do with your argument? Nothing.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Wang Tang because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

You really think the guy who wrote this article knows everything the police do and has gone through all the evidence?

Sorry but basing someone's guilt or innocence on one article is very foolhardy. Why not wait until after the trial when you have seen all the evidence before coming to that conclusion.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I know this is disheartening,but.............

He will probably do some time,and then get a 100 million dollar contract.
Thats what I see with sports athletes. They are held to different standards.MHO

Just look at this guy Crittenton. He had Guns inside an NBA arena. He was punished. But they still gave him a chance,because...............

He could make SOMEONE money.More money then he was getting paid.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Why did I know the victim was going to be a woman before I even clicked on the thread title?

Dont know if that says more about me or NBA players.

those idiots get paid far too much money.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wow, just because he has a gun and had a gun issue involving Arenas, it does NOT mean he did it. I think he's just being framed so whoever is pointing the finger at him is possibly trying to make some $$$$$ by screwing over someone's life

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

What I find interesting about this article is when I saw the headline I immediately assumed he was guilty. Why? Because he is black, he was in the NBA, and he previously had a gun incident in the Wizards locker room with Gilbert Arenas.

I know everyone here probably assumed he was guilty because of the circumstances, but I'm asking you not to assume he is guilty before the evidence comes out from the trial. Don't base your opinions on one or two articles with no actual evidence. I'm not going to conclude that he is innocent, but I will say you are wrong to assume he's guilty based on the evidence that is currently out there.

And before making judgements on the entire NBA because of this guy, note that he is not in the NBA anymore, he is in a D-League. His contract is probably way under 1 mil, and Arenas is getting paid a fraction of what he used to, and also getting a fraction of his former playing time.

join