It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Backfire: Former FEMA Director Agrees With Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Fox News tries to bring the former FEMA director to criticize Ron Paul's view on FEMA, but he ends up agreeing with Ron Paul:

Michael Brown:

"Dr. Paul I think hits this correct, FEMA has these problems every single year, and as long as we have the flood insurance program, and continue to more and more give money out for these disaster programs, It will continue to face these problems"

"We don't have any money."

"42 cents of every dollar they give to FEMA will have to be borrowed."

"Whose gonna pay for it? We don't have the money right now."

"Let's have an honest conversation between government and the public about what's really occurring on the ground...I think goes for the media too."

This guy kinda sounds like Ron Paul. Thanks Fox news.

edit on 30-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Typical disgruntled ex-employee, will be the governments response.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's nice to see RP being vindicated!

Great video and thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

It was funny to watch. He has a really good point concerning how there needed to more communication about the state and severity of the storm as it started to lose steam.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

It was funny to watch. He has a really good point concerning how there needed to more communication about the state and severity of the storm as it started to lose steam.

I know, he made a lot of sense when it came to why the government is nervous and will call for quick evacuations, but that they should also lift the warning when the storm starts to break up. Too bad he's the former fema director, or maybe that explains why he is the former director and not the current.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
the idea of FEMA is a good one,

unfortunately, it sucks as it is right now.

it could be slimmed down big time.

it should cut red tape and not make more.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

One place they can make money for the FEMA budget is sell off all those FEMA camps. Sell the items they have stockpiled like those 3 body coffins. The time has come to dismantle.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
post removed by deepred
edit on 30-8-2011 by deepred because: off topic

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
TheRemedial FEMA replacement plan...

Hazard Alert Siren.
Local Broadcasting Stations give recommendations.
Public designated safe areas.
Radio/Television/Internet.
Military deployment for ONLY extreme situations.

If people are going to try and surf during a Hurricane let them die, honestly, they need to go die. You do the best you can do but spending billions of dollars to MAYBE save 50 dummies lives is retarded!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It seems to me that at first the MSM attempted, and succeeded for a good while, to simply ignore Ron Paul altogether. Once people started picking up on that fact they decided that they would have to implement a new tactic, which is to attempt to make him look stupid.

Coax him with leading questions, loaded questions, and ignorant questions, and get him to trip-up so that it can be used against him. That is how the MSM works with someone the higher-ups don't like.

Ron Paul is too smart for that, so they are now attempting to bring people on the air who will say that he is wrong, effectively attacking his credibility. Hopefully more Americans are starting to realize this, but I doubt it, because as a majority Americans are ignorant. Much of this is because they are mis-informed, but most do not attempt to remedy this, and that is why they are ignorant.

The director of FEMA says Ron Paul is partially right, when he should have said he is 100% right. He knows it, we know it, and the White House knows it, and that is why they will do everything in their power to keep him from winning. I mean look at it like this: Barry got to be president when he wasn't even a legal citizen. Do you honestly think they won't get him elected again?

We already know they will attempt to not only pull the wool over the eyes of the unsuspecting public, and we already know, via Bush, that it IS possible to rig the electoral votes.See they knew they only had to do one state, and Barry will probably only have to do a few as well.

Call me crazy, but I think history repeats itself, and I don't think that the majority of crooked politicians will suddenly be placed in a moral conundrum and decide to do the right thing. No way.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"You're doin' a heck of a job, Brownie."

My respect for this guy just went up a couple of notches.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just another blatant attack on Ron Paul from the corporate medi ----umm---- er.

What will I do now if msm loves Ron Paul?

I can't support him.

I need fringe baby!!!

Anyone else out there nuttier than Ron Paul that I can put my support behind since he's become so popular?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OMG awesome clip, the woman in the beginning was so smug about it too. Is it just me or did she laugh then give a dismissive, 'yeeaah' after Ron Paul said we are out of money.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
It seems to me that at first the MSM attempted, and succeeded for a good while, to simply ignore Ron Paul altogether. Once people started picking up on that fact they decided that they would have to implement a new tactic, which is to attempt to make him look stupid.

Coax him with leading questions, loaded questions, and ignorant questions, and get him to trip-up so that it can be used against him. That is how the MSM works with someone the higher-ups don't like.

Ron Paul is too smart for that, so they are now attempting to bring people on the air who will say that he is wrong, effectively attacking his credibility. Hopefully more Americans are starting to realize this, but I doubt it, because as a majority Americans are ignorant. Much of this is because they are mis-informed, but most do not attempt to remedy this, and that is why they are ignorant.

The director of FEMA says Ron Paul is partially right, when he should have said he is 100% right. He knows it, we know it, and the White House knows it, and that is why they will do everything in their power to keep him from winning. I mean look at it like this: Barry got to be president when he wasn't even a legal citizen. Do you honestly think they won't get him elected again?

We already know they will attempt to not only pull the wool over the eyes of the unsuspecting public, and we already know, via Bush, that it IS possible to rig the electoral votes.See they knew they only had to do one state, and Barry will probably only have to do a few as well.

Call me crazy, but I think history repeats itself, and I don't think that the majority of crooked politicians will suddenly be placed in a moral conundrum and decide to do the right thing. No way.

But it's undeniable that Ron Paul is receiving much more media coverage now as compared to 2008, and the "top turds" are even trying to sound like Ron Paul (Perry: Bernanke is guilty of treason...well maybe here in Texas yuk yuk. Bachman: I worked for the IRS so I could know the enemy, and I did for four years, praise Jebus.)

Ron Paul's popularity is I think even more so than 2008, as most of his supporters then are back around again, and with the enhanced coverage people are coming on even stronger.

But I think it has to do with the political climate. The establishment has brought this upon themselves with their crippling debt and their never ending wars. Ron Paul's main argument against FEMA is not just that they are invasive and unproductive, it's that we have no money, which the former FEMA director agrees with and the msm is even reporting they are 20 billion in the hole. Ron Paul always says he will win the argument not because of something flashy he will say, but because the fiat currency will collapse.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Just another blatant attack on Ron Paul from the corporate medi ----umm---- er.

What will I do now if msm loves Ron Paul?

I can't support him.

I need fringe baby!!!

Anyone else out there nuttier than Ron Paul that I can put my support behind since he's become so popular?

The MSM is far from loving Ron Paul, the whole point of this I think was for the former director to not agree with Ron Paul, but he ended up agreeing.

But if you want a fresh video here's one:

Anderson Cooper, Ron Paul Spar About FEMA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I live near St. Louis on the Illinois side. Back in 1993 when the big flood hit the Illinois town of Valmeyer had to move the entire town atop a bluff in order to receive FEMA assistance.(Read About it) Sounds good. Hey, we'll bail you out (no pun intended) but you'll have to move to higher ground so we don't have to do this every few years. Now if FEMA would just implement that policy along the coastal regions we wouldn't have these recurring problems every time a hurricane hits land. I know, that would be too simple.

Gotta love Ron Paul though.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

HAHA! S & F for you, Filosophia.......

This is too good.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

But it's undeniable that Ron Paul is receiving much more media coverage now as compared to 2008, and the "top turds" are even trying to sound like Ron Paul (Perry: Bernanke is guilty of treason...well maybe here in Texas yuk yuk. Bachman: I worked for the IRS so I could know the enemy, and I did for four years, praise Jebus.)

Just yesterday, my newspaper reported that Perry is now the GOP frontrunner ahead of Romney. They mentioned everyone but Ron Paul. Then, they carried another article promoting Michelle Bachmann's upcoming book, making sure to mention her recent straw poll "win."

The news makes me sick. I can't even stand opening my newspaper anymore because it's so disgusting what they do.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
FEMA generates Federal Revenue.

They aren't handing out lots of free money anymore. They are giving out Federal Loans to reconstruct.

FEMA's generating Federal Revenue. Ron Paul knows it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
OMG awesome clip, the woman in the beginning was so smug about it too. Is it just me or did she laugh then give a dismissive, 'yeeaah' after Ron Paul said we are out of money.

That's EXACTLY what she did.
Fxcking disgusting. I guess I can stop hoping that those with any sort of sway over public opinion will start acting like proper adults and have a rational conversation on the topics at hand.

dig a hole and crawl in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join