It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 Sable/Taurus DOHC emissions diagram

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Would anyone by chance have or know where to get an emission system diagram for the 2000 sable/taurus dohc engine? I am having some issues with it and the code reader is not giving the right information. I need to know the series of events from the mass airflow to the O2 sensors. Otherwise, I am about put out with this POS and it is about to find itself under the scope of a .50 cal.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Most of the time if you disconnect the MAFS the computers will rest to default and the engine will run fine. Im not sure what issue you are have exactly but this solves O2 sensor malfunctions I replaced the same sensor 3 time before resorting to this.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Have you tried this site?

www.fixya.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

I will try as you suggest.

This is an intermittent problem. Most of the time it runs fine, other than the crappy fuel mileage that it gets and always has since I bought it. When it acts up one of two things happen. 1) in drive, the idle will drop down to 400-500 rpm and possibly die. 2) in drive, and usually at a stop light the idle will jump up to 1000-1500 rpm and idle real high. Kind of seems like the idle sensor, but I do not think it is the case here. Now, as soon as I start it I know if it is going to run good or run bad. I can leave the house and it will run fine, and if I run into the store to get something, then it is possible that when I start it up again it will run terrible, until I maybe shut it off and start it back up.

The times that I have had the trouble codes read, the first time it was the O2 sensors, I replaced them but did not fix the problem. The next time I had the codes read, it reported the O2 sensors AND the mass airflow. I replaced the mass airflow, and did not fix it. The next thing, the code reader reported an EGR problem, replaced and no joy.

Now, to me, it is becoming clear that the parts that I have replaced are operating correctly and probably were before I replaced them. But what I think is actually happening is that, for instance, the O2 sensors were operating properly, but something further up the line is malfunctioning and sending bad stuff to the O2 sensor that it is not expecting to see(lean, rich??? It, does run a little rich), thus making the computer think it is bad, same concept with the mass airflow and EGR. IMO

Edit:
Clarification.
Actually when the code reader hit the O2 sensor, it was only reporting the problem on one bank. So, only one O2 sensor was being reported faulty.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Ya that sounds exactly like the issue I was having. I haven't had any issues since I disconnected it a ford may do something different but I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Just to be clear, are you saying to unplug the mafs and leave it disconnected permanently? Or temporarily; drive it so that the computer recognizes that it is not working and then plug it back up?

On a vague memory, I think I had the engine running and the mafs unplugged at one point in the past and I think the idle shot way up while in park. I will still give it another go.

top topics

join