It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two for one - cleaning water and generating energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I found this article from the 18th of this month, it is both interesting and groundbreaking. While we have now seen that the sun plays a major role in defining our climate, and green industry is under fire, I find it uplifting that we have finally gotten a tool that actually fits the bill of "Green Energy"

www.rsc.org...

A fuel cell system that can generate electricity from organic compounds and clean up wastewater at the same time has been developed by scientists in China.

The team used the cell to clear aromatics, azo dyes, pharmaceuticals, personal care products and endocrine-disrupting compounds from wastewater samples. They found that all of these compounds were degraded by the cell to generate energy.

I could use a fuel cell that cleaned my water here in Nor Ca. the river and streams that run through our area are rife
with elements present in Agg-spraying and farming. Imagine building a large enough facility to power your town and keep your water ways clean!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Please use search in the future.

Jamie.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Dean Kamen, Had this idea back in 98, you probably know him better for the Segway, this seems like it should have gotten more attention, however it seems the Chinese have figured a way that may be a bit more accessible and produce more power.. thought Id throw Deans contribution in because, well he got there first.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Please link previous thread in the future

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join